Game Day Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt confident last week, Carlton were banged up and too many returning to really have any cohesion whatsoever.

This week it feels like it’s GWS’s to lose. They had a cracking first final so will be far more battle ready than us and have beaten us twice this year. Their game style is the one we always struggle with too.

Can we win? Absolutely but not confident we will.

I said it earlier in the week but this is the most confident I’ve felt about a game all year.

I feel like we are a better side than the Giants and they are coming off of a loss whilst we are riding in off a dominant elimination final.

The boys have nothing to loose
I hope you're right 🤞

Go Lions 🦁

We are going to pull this game apart. Looking at our forward line, we are going to be very hard to stop. GWS will be struggling to cope with Daniher, Rayner, Cameron, Morris, Lohmann, Ah Chee, Bailey and Hipwood. Each of these players has the capacity to score and score heavily. Simply put, we are going to have too much firepower.

All we need to do is get it out of the middle and kick straight.

I actually think we are going to murder GWS today.

HEY, HO, LET’S GO!

Last edited:
Why couldn't the jalapeño practice archery?

Because it didn't habanero.

Each week I log in with some deeply misguided optimism that this will be the one... this one will be good.

I tell myself that he will have learnings from his past efforts, that deep inside the 4 walls he knows he can do better, not to leave anything on the field, run on top of the ground, take 1 week at a time and play this one like it's his last.

And yet like a Ross Lyons coached team it's nothing but disappointment after disappointment.

Do Better GIF by ABC Network

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to be wrong, but I think we hit the end of the road tonight. I rate Giants as probably the best team left in it followed by Sydney and us. Home ground tips it in their favour.

However, if we do manage to get in front, I just don’t want to see us go into our shells. We’ve seen enough times we suck at closing games a long way out. Just play the 80 minutes is all I ask & see where we end up at the end.

I just looked into Doms crystal ball and saw something shocking... I'm a bit nervous to share it but feel obligated to do so.

We are about to see Logan 🐐 Morris rip open a game with a bag of 4 goals, winning the game for Brisbane.

One goal for each year of his contract extension which he will sign on the field on the back of Stewy Dew.

Key insights for tonight’s Giants v Lions clash:

•Giants have only beaten two top 8 teams at Engie Stadium this season:

Round 14: GWS 9.19 (73) def. Bulldogs 6.15 (51). Trailing by 3 goals in Q1, Kelly, Green, and Whitfield led a strong comeback.

Round 17: GWS 18.8 (116) def. Blues 16.8 (104). Down by 39 in Q1, Hogan, Green, and Briggs sparked a surge, with 14 goals to 2 through the middle period of the match

•Last time Brisbane played GWS at Engie was Round 16, 2019: Lions 14.10 (94) def. GWS 11.8 (74), led by Neale, Zorko, McLuggage, and McCarthy, holding a 3-goal lead throughout.

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, GWS will get a run on at some point tonight. Restrict them to 2-3 goals in their surge and we win.

Pre-finals I said - win in Sydney in week two of the finals and we win the flag.

Go Lions 🦁

Last edited:
Key insights for tonight’s Giants v Lions clash:

•Giants have only beaten two top 8 teams at Engie Stadium this season:

Round 14: GWS 9.19 (73) def. Bulldogs 6.15 (51). Trailing by 3 goals in Q1, Kelly, Green, and Whitfield led a strong comeback.

Round 17: GWS 18.8 (116) def. Blues 16.8 (104). Down by 39 in Q1, Hogan, Green, and Briggs sparked a surge, with 14 goals to 2 through the middle period of the match

•Last time Brisbane played at Engie was Round 16, 2019: Lions 14.10 (94) def. GWS 11.8 (74), led by Neale, Zorko, McLuggage, and McCarthy, holding a 3-goal lead throughout.

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, GWS will get a run on at some point tonight. Restrict them to 2-3 goals in their surge and we win.

Pre-finals I said - win in Sydney in week two of the finals and we win the flag.

Go Lions 🦁
There's quite a bit factually incorrect here 😂

I want to be wrong, but I think we hit the end of the road tonight. I rate Giants as probably the best team left in it followed by Sydney and us. Home ground tips it in their favour.

However, if we do manage to get in front, I just don’t want to see us go into our shells. We’ve seen enough times we suck at closing games a long way out. Just play the 80 minutes is all I ask & see where we end up at the end.

I really don't rate the Giants at all but I think their voodoo goalkicking continues and we lose.

I really don't rate the Giants at all but I think their voodoo goalkicking continues and we lose.
A lot of games I'm reasonably confident of the outcome one way or another but tonight I really have no idea . I do think if we kick straight and they do what they should normally do we win. But they're two big ifs.

Would be nice if we could switch places on this stat tonight. Would be more than confident if we could kick straight we’d have enough chances to kick a bigger score than them. Unfortunately, nothing we’ve shown in that space the last month gives me confidence in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back