Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna (sub)

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, what a win! Ashcroft a star and thought Berry was really solid.
All the best this year fellas.

Berry has a grand final hangover to resolve. Not at all surprised he was one of the best tonight.

Rumour has it he tried to get his mates into the rooms after the game, however he was rejected as he was wearing both the Giants and Lions Guernsey. Expecting an angry tweet soon.
The eldest was wearing exactly that, and switched throughout the night.

The younger was waving her Giants guernsey in the air while yelling "Go Lions!"

It was a very confusing night for the family.

The eldest was wearing exactly that, and switched throughout the night.

The younger was waving her Giants guernsey in the air while yelling "Go Lions!"

It was a very confusing night for the family.
Genuinely curious, what was the comeback like?

I imagine mixed emotions on a scale not known to man?

Loved Will's reaction. Sometimes he can seem a bit aloof. But he was exceptional both in the game and in his siren celebration. Loved it.

Genuinely curious, what was the comeback like?

I imagine mixed emotions on a scale not known to man?
For me? Simply disbelief. I've got shell shock from watching teams choke too many times over the years.

For the crowd? The Lions bays either side went absolutely mental and full credit.

Sorry to impose on your forum and I have just seen the game on delay however I would like to give a full appraisal of the game against the Plastics... Here goes

"Hell Yes"

What a game and I hope your defibs are recharged. Enjoy the week

Like last week?
I was thinking more of the:

2020 Preliminary Final (6 Disposals / 1 Goal)
2022 Preliminary Final (8 Disposals / 0 Goals)
2023 Preliminary Final (9 Disposals / 0 Goals)
2023 Grand Final (11 Disposals / 0 Goals)

From The Age yesterday:

We really need Cam to show his best form and make an impact in next week’s Preliminary Final and hopefully in the Grand Final.

I was thinking more of the:

2020 Preliminary Final (6 Disposals / 1 Goal)
2022 Preliminary Final (8 Disposals / 0 Goals)
2023 Preliminary Final (9 Disposals / 0 Goals)
2023 Grand Final (11 Disposals / 0 Goals)

From The Age yesterday:
So ignoring last week?

So ignoring last week?
No, but worried about this week. Also, Carlton were not much opposition. They were seriously hampered by multiple injuries. The point was made in the article I posted that Rayner tends to go well in the first week of finals. He was great against Port Adelaide in the Qualifying Final last year too. The issue appears to be that as the stakes rise and the opposition gets stronger, his performances fall away radically. Let’s hope this year is different. If football journalists are writing columns in the mainstream media about the issue and other supporters have been pointing this out for a number of seasons, it’s clearly not just me.

No, but Carlton were not much opposition. The point was made in the article I posted that Rayner tends to go well in the first week of finals. He was great against Port Adelaide in the Qualifying Final last year too. The issue appears to be that as the stakes rise and the opposition gets stronger, his performances fall away radically. Let’s hope this year is different. If football journalists are writing columns in the mainstream media about the issue and other supporters have been pointing this out for a number of seasons, it’s clearly not just me.
Mate, it's just your weird negative focus on players. Rayner is the new Sheldon for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, it's just your weird negative focus on players. Rayner is the new Sheldon for you.
Not really. Sheldon had no ‘upside’. Cam Rayner has a massive ‘upside’.

Just watched the last quarter again and GWS didn't score in the last 12 minutes. Great achievement to stop the scoring and kick 4 ourselves.
I’m watching the second half again, will watch the full replay in the morning but after Zorko kicked our 5th in the third quarter they said it took us 110 kicks to kick 4 goals and the next 5 goals in 18 kicks. Anazing

Un-****ing-believable. I'm still in shock. Had already accepted the loss early in the third, to come back and win like that, to be in a prelim after all we've been through this season, just shows incredible character. No matter what happens from here on out, we can be proud of the boys this year.

A win like that builds such momentum and belief. Anything is possible from here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Back