Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna (sub)

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain to me why the talking heads on footy shows , or on any type of shows at all really ,are trained to talk at twice he normal speed ? They're on to the next thing before my brain has digested whatever it is they're talking about.

Honestly this is nuts. I end up turning it off and reading a book.

Can someone explain to me why the talking heads on footy shows , or on any type of shows at all really ,are trained to talk at twice he normal speed ? They're on to the next thing before my brain has digested whatever it is they're talking about.

Sugar powder

I'm watching the midweek tackle. These guys must get carted off to the cardiac care ward when they finish.

I consider GWS to have the best set of key defenders in the league in Idun, Buckley and Taylor. They are an incredible group and I was not surprised our talls struggled with them except for Daniher in parts. Other than Joe’s final mark only Hippy took another mark inside fifty out of the three.
The more i look at the game from the weekend and the low input we got from a few of our forwards and a couple of others, only my opinion but PLENTY of up side for us HOPEFULLY

Goosebumps all over again
I wish they uploaded it somewhere but the 3 minute montage they did on 360 on Monday about our win was awesome but of course it’s nowhere to be found just like when Dunks was mic’d up for that Collingwood game and aside from 2 minutes being shown one time it’s nowhere to be seen either.

Goosebumps all over again

I have never understood the joe doesn't care narrative. Just watch his reactions, he is so emotional..

I reckon if Joe was watching he would be just like matho.

Or been hiding in the bedroom, fingers in his ears, watching the worm and trying not to die of a heart attack during the last quarter of that game.

Crikey .. what a roller-coaster. Had 1981 semi v Pies vibes but no .. we held on really well. Cal and Ash outstanding. And onto the MCG .. gulp. Not a happy place recently. And Cats .. who slaughtered us in 22. Nothing to lose so .. just kick straight please.

Yep and when the post game coverage went up to them Dunstall was raving about the Lions comeback and said something along the lines of they deserve a lot of credit for that and King replies “Yeah, GWS will be shattered by that. That type of loss could impact that group for a long time”.

Just couldn’t bring himself to talk about the Lions at all. Made an absolute fool of himself and I loved every second.

Yeah I noticed that too, he dead set hates Chris Fagan…despises him…it’s really odd because I just can’t imagine anyone truly hating Fagan 🤷‍♂️

Idun plays small and matched up on Charlie a lot when I noticed.

Perryman and Himmelberg probably rotated Morris and Rayner, Himmelberg probably took Morris the most before the sub (just based off how GWS usually match up).
That was pretty much exactly the matchups across the game. Himmelberg switched from mostly Morris to Rayner.

Taylor was mostly with Daniher and Buckley mostly with Hipwood (baring the odd handover or when Daniher was in the ruck)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah chee - lowest paid/best value.

He is a Lester in that he is an awesome footballer but completely underrated by his coaches and fans. Only ever treated as a back up player when his 11 score involvements last week scream he is one of our best. He out performed the more affable, more media attracting rayner but a bazillion percent.

If we had to drop one this week - I world drop rayner in a heartbeat. I'll go with demonstrated consistent over maybe potential everyday.

Went aren't we lauding ah chee? Why is he paid so low? Maybe because he and Lester aren't look at me type personalities?

These guys reckon other clubs are going to go after ah chee. It would be a dreadful loss for us.

Ah chee - lowest paid/best value.

He is a Lester in that he is an awesome footballer but completely underrated by his coaches and fans. Only ever treated as a back up player when his 11 score involvements last week scream he is one of our best. He out performed the more affable, more media attracting rayner but a bazillion percent.

If we had to drop one this week - I world drop rayner in a heartbeat. I'll go with demonstrated consistent over maybe potential everyday.

Went aren't we lauding ah chee? Why is he paid so low? Maybe because he and Lester aren't look at me type personalities?

These guys reckon other clubs are going to go after ah chee. It would be a dreadful loss for us.

Which one out of Rayner and Ah Chee are you saying is more consistent?

Screenshot_20240918_103453_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20240918_103423_AFL.jpg

Defensively i don't think Ah Chee stacks up either

Screenshot_20240918_103657_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20240918_103715_AFL.jpg

I mean it was a brilliant game but Ah Chee is a long way from consistent.

I would say though that tackles/pressure acts aren't necessarily indicative of the defensive role, postively or negatively. Cam's pressure and tackling has been heavily ignored by most people, but Cal's job doesn't necessarily require that to do a good negating job.

I would say though that tackles/pressure acts aren't necessarily indicative of the defensive role, postively or negatively. Cam's pressure and tackling has been heavily ignored by most people, but Cal's job doesn't necessarily require that to do a good negating job.

100%. I think Cam and Cal play very different but equally important roles and that stats may not be an adequate marker of performance in this case. For those roles you really need to compare like for like players from different teams.

Yeah I noticed that too, he dead set hates Chris Fagan…despises him…it’s really odd because I just can’t imagine anyone truly hating Fagan 🤷‍♂️
The media collectively are running the narrative that Brisbane have the best list and therefore must win the GF or it’s a failed season. David King therefore takes the line that if we don’t win it’s Chris Fagan’s failure, and he’s playing the odds that if Brisbane don’t win the GF, he gets to say “I told you so!”.
So round 1 his odds of being correct are 94.5%. Finals starts he at 87.5%.
Prelim Final weekend he’s still at 75% chance of being correct.
Only if we go all the way is he wrong… and if that happens, next year he goes at Hinkley. If it doesn’t happen we get another season of his shit.

Media like King get off on being the driver of coaches being put under the pump and ultimately sacked. It’s like a notch on their belt.

For instance Cornes (and I like Cornes) who continually pushes the narrative that the bulldogs have the best list in the league, just so he can tee off when they lose.

The media collectively are running the narrative that Brisbane have the best list and therefore must win the GF or it’s a failed season. David King therefore takes the line that if we don’t win it’s Chris Fagan’s failure, and he’s playing the odds that if Brisbane don’t win the GF, he gets to say “I told you so!”.
So round 1 his odds of being correct are 94.5%. Finals starts he at 87.5%.
Prelim Final weekend he’s still at 75% chance of being correct.
Only if we go all the way is he wrong… and if that happens, next year he goes at Hinkley. If it doesn’t happen we get another season of his shit.
I know Kane Cornes has the opinion that the Bulldogs have the best list.

David King is a vacuous muttonhead.

I know Kane Cornes has the opinion that the Bulldogs have the best list.

David King is a vacuous muttonhead.
We could win the GF by 6 goals and King would still teckon that Fagan is a dud.

"Clearly outcoached by xxxxx but had the cattle anyway. They would have won by a lot more if Fagan had pulled a few in game levers"

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Back