Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna (sub)

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never understood the joe doesn't care narrative. Just watch his reactions, he is so emotional..

I reckon if Joe was watching he would be just like matho.

Or been hiding in the bedroom, fingers in his ears, watching the worm and trying not to die of a heart attack during the last quarter of that game.
His efforts show how much he cares. He shows it all the time. But the casual demeanor is IMO what helps him to not get into slumps after making mistakes or lose confidence. He kicks it out on the full from 15 out straight in front? Well shit happens I'll still try it next time.

Circling back to the Ah Chee chat, to me he is a bit of an enigma. Often gets very low touches.

He does do little things that might not pick up a stat. Puts a body on, taps it to a teammate etc. Has a good tank too on the wing.

He also has a habit of being good in big moments. Off the top of my head - kicked the goal from a set shot to put us ahead v the giants in 2021 semi final from a tricky angle. Tackled a Collingwood player at the end of our 2022 game when it looked like they might go forward and level scores - just got him after a huge chase. Kicked brilliantly vs Adelaide this year to help us draw including a very late set shot.

He was obviously exceptional on Saturday night. Would be great if he could be that more often but it's clear he won't be having a big game every week.

Given his selfless attitude, and extreme versatility, he should be in the side every week.

It's all set up for him this week. I think he could be really good on Stewart. Only question is does he follow Stewart in to the midfield or not? Not for centre bounces but general play...

Circling back to the Ah Chee chat, to me he is a bit of an enigma. Often gets very low touches.

He does do little things that might not pick up a stat. Puts a body on, taps it to a teammate etc. Has a good tank too on the wing.

He also has a habit of being good in big moments. Off the top of my head - kicked the goal from a set shot to put us ahead v the giants in 2021 semi final from a tricky angle. Tackled a Collingwood player at the end of our 2022 game when it looked like they might go forward and level scores - just got him after a huge chase. Kicked brilliantly vs Adelaide this year to help us draw including a very late set shot.

He was obviously exceptional on Saturday night. Would be great if he could be that more often but it's clear he won't be having a big game every week.

Given his selfless attitude, and extreme versatility, he should be in the side every week.

It's all set up for him this week. I think he could be really good on Stewart. Only question is does he follow Stewart in to the midfield or not? Not for centre bounces but general play...
It's taken Cal a long time to get over that Cripps knock and he had another head knock in training that set him back a while. It was my impression that his kicking and awareness wasn't what it was for some time after that.

He's been slowly regaining his best. What's forgotten a bit this year is who he's been playing on. He's managed to shut down a few big names through our run of wins and recently.

We didn’t play the giants in 2021 finals, you might be thinking of 2019 when we played them at the GABBA. Cal didn’t kick that goal though - it was Allen Christensen who did weirdly enough. Cal did kick the goal against the swans a few weeks back to put us in front though

I wish they uploaded it somewhere but the 3 minute montage they did on 360 on Monday about our win was awesome but of course it’s nowhere to be found just like when Dunks was mic’d up for that Collingwood game and aside from 2 minutes being shown one time it’s nowhere to be seen either.
Try this

Apologies for the large file size... Couldn't work out how to get this down.

We didn’t play the giants in 2021 finals, you might be thinking of 2019 when we played them at the GABBA. Cal didn’t kick that goal though - it was Allen Christensen who did weirdly enough. Cal did kick the goal against the swans a few weeks back to put us in front though
Good point! Serves me right for going a capella

Yep that goal v swans was awesome although missed the sitter soon after.

Try this

Apologies for the large file size... Couldn't work out how to get this down.

Thanks. I've downloaded it and watched it multiple times already.

There's a bunch of great players at the Lions, but the team is far greater than the sum of those players.

This team believes, and that might be all that's needed. We've got this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Back