Preview Semi Final - Collingwood vs WCE - Team post 352

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm praying that Didak starts. I don't buy this impact garbage. If a player can have impact why the hell would you leave him sitting on the pine until the game's over FFS? I've watched his skills wasted there for the last couple of weeks and it really irks me when we are in desperate need of players who can deliver inside 50 to advantage. If there is one criticism I can think of then unless he's injured then that's it but then if he's injured why would you play him at all? No more bombing to Cloke and praying he takes a mark against 3 talls... Please!

Elliot would seem the likely sub with Krak and Dids both starting.

To be honest, the sub is overrated. The last sub I can think of that came on and made a big impact was Josh Green from Brisbane against West Coast, and that was in round 10.
Kieran Harper came on for the Roos a couple of weeks back and booted four goals in less than a quarter.

For his whole career he has been a backman and suddenly we are going to play him as a defensive forward?

Goldsack has played the role this year with success and will do it again this week.

I was actually talking about Tooves lining up on Darling.

Im concerned about taking Beames and Thomas in underdone.

I'd prefer not to play these guys if not fit.

The 2011 GF is the best example we have of carrying players. Can't afford to do it now.

Really like the side named this week....
Very pumped for the game, cant wait.

Glad to see Elliott in for Sinclair... Goldy is the obvious inclusion for Maxy.

You would think Elliott would be the sub, I think he is the kind of player that can come on and kick a couple of quick goals.

Line up:

B - Toovey Brown Tarrant
HB - Shaw Reid O'Brien
C - Wellingham Swan Sidebottom
HF - Thomas Dawes Didak
F - Krakouer Cloke Blair
R -Jolly Beams Pendlebury
INT - Goldsack Johnson Fasolo
SUB - Elliott

I like the idea of Blair up forward... Can add a bit of extra grunt in the forward line and when he was up there he kicked goals.
Having Thomas, Didak & Krakouer up forward adds a fair bit of X-Factor and some unpredictability.

We need Wellingham and Sidebottom to get back to their early season form and be damaging on the wings and put on some scoreboard pressure.

Our defence has a good balance of talls, runners and rebounders.

2 Genuine swing men in Goldy and Taz.

For some reason I have a feeling Swanny is going to have a big game.

Not a bad side.... on paper.

Im concerned about taking Beames and Thomas in underdone.

I'd prefer not to play these guys if not fit.

The 2011 GF is the best example we have of carrying players. Can't afford to do it now.

Surely an unfit Thomas or Beams is still better than whatever we have waiting in the wings?

We have to beat them to shove it up their arseh*le supporters.
That's not nice.

I think your mob will jump us this week and hold on for a 3-4 goal win. It seems to be our pattern in big games over there. Whoever wins I hope goes onto the GF as for some reason I think we are the only sides who could make it interesting against the Hawks.

I think if Beams and Thomas are under done then we need to play them but just maybe play them more forward. Either way something needs to change with Thomas bc it aint working. Beams hasnt been the same and nor has Pendles since the Swans.

I think we might be a better show than people think. We went ok for most of the game last week and North formline in last few weeks was very ordinary (particularly the GWS game up in Sydney) so whilst WCE went well I think North may have tapered pretty badly late.

If our players are galvonised post this week could win this.

That's not nice.

I think your mob will jump us this week and hold on for a 3-4 goal win. It seems to be our pattern in big games over there. Whoever wins I hope goes onto the GF as for some reason I think we are the only sides who could make it interesting against the Hawks.

My apologies on behalf of most people that post here. I can assure you we have no interest at all in putting anything up anyone's! :)

We're all pretty concerned about the physical (Daisy, Beams) and mental state (the passing of JMac) of some of our players. West Coast seems to be peaking just at the right time. It should be a very interesting contest, you will miss Waters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely an unfit Thomas or Beams is still better than whatever we have waiting in the wings?

If they can't move 100% as a midfielder against a team like WC who have the capability to tear us apart from the clearances, then no, i would prefer they sit.

We could move them forward, but then guy slike Bliar, Krak & Elliot need to play more minutes in the midfield.

This could well be the most important match up of the night. I am very comfortable with Tooves getting the job done.

Toovey is one of our best 10-12 players in the club UNTIL he gets the ball in his hands (and then he becomes a liability). Let's keep him to a role that can maximise his value to the team by focussing on shutting a player down and not needing to get the ball.

Seriously, the moment he gets the ball, his value to the club is considerably lessened.

Toovey is one of our best 10-12 players in the club UNTIL he gets the ball in his hands (and then he becomes a liability). Let's keep him to a role that can maximise his value to the team by focussing on shutting a player down and not needing to get the ball.

Seriously, the moment he gets the ball, his value to the club is considerably lessened.

Couldn't agree more.

His ball use is not good, as seen last week with that cross goal kick.

His defense, hustle and speed however are very good.

Both the player himself and his teammates need to understand their limitations.

Just heard don't know how true it is that beacuse Daisy and Beams were running laps both are carrying injuries so either one or both may miss.Yikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss.

So who are the emergencies,we are finished for sure if we lose both.

Shite i hope we don't lose both probably marty clarke to come in for one of the them forget Sincalir and Seedsman not up to it

Couldn't agree more.

His ball use is not good, as seen last week with that cross goal kick.

His defense, hustle and speed however are very good.

Both the player himself and his teammates need to understand their limitations.

He usually knows his limitations, yet he was horrible disposal wise last week.

I have no problems with him going for the safer option as long it doesn't put teammates under pressure, he is good enough defensively to stay in the 22 and offer limited run out of defense.

Beams went for precautionary scans this week and Thomas has been playing injured for a while.

Scans on what exactly? Was there an incident against the Hawks? I only saw the first half of that game but I don't recall seeing anything. Did he run out the game okay? The stats say he wasn't subbed off.

Just heard don't know how true it is that beacuse Daisy and Beams were running laps both are carrying injuries so either one or both may miss.Yikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss.

So who are the emergencies,we are finished for sure if we lose both.

I asked Luke whether they were just running laps and he suggested they were both "in the thick of it".

Shite i hope we don't lose both probably marty clarke to come in for one of the them forget Sincalir and Seedsman not up to it

Rubbish, I'll back them both in to play their part if they're late inclusions. I would back Seedsman to do a job on Gaff, actually, and Sinclair was outstanding on Birchall last week (as well as slotting that goal from the pocket at a crucial time in the game).

I'm confident we will at least break even around the stoppages with Jolly back in the side (Wood got destroyed in the west). But we really need to tighten up on the likes of Priddis and Kerr. I'm simply tired of seeing opposition midfielders stroll out of stoppages and stream inside 50 in numbers, whilst our midfielders blindly kick forward because they're under the pump (also partially because all bar Pendlebury seem to be fumbling first touch at the moment). Sewell and Mitchell did it to us last week and it really cost us in the end. Stoppages win matches. It's strange, because our midfielders rack up the numbers in general play, but they're not overly damaging breaking from stoppages, and at the same time, they're crap defensively around stoppages. So what exactly is our focus at stoppages?

I think our defenders can do the job. Toovey to Darling, Harry to Hill, Reid to Kennedy, Brown to Cox, Tarrant to Lynch. We just need to limit their supply in the midfield, and make sure that we make the most of our opportunities going forward. Our forward pressure needs to be manic, we can't afford to allow them easy rebounds.

I think the passing of Jmac will galvanize the group. We're out of form, we're carrying injuries... but I just think the boys will come out with that extra 1% that only emotion can bring out. Such a tragedy has put the sport into perspective, but these guys were team mates and great friends in general, they will want to honour him in the only way they know how, and through a medium that was an enormous part of his life. I'm not cocky, I'm not even all that confident, but I just know that we won't go down without putting in a spirited performance... if we go down, it will only be from inferior skills or execution, not heart.

Go the Pies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Semi Final - Collingwood vs WCE - Team post 352

Remove this Banner Ad

Back