• Dogs in a close one

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Dogs by 3 or 4 goals

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Dogs to win big

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is a great game - the other SF should now be a walkover with Greene out, but GWS have shown an ability to grind out a win so who knows.

But our game is a great contest. I can see a big Brisbane win, a close game or a big Dogs win - none of those results would surprise me. I think both teams will believe they are genuine chances, and if they win then the PF wouldn’t hold many fears - while Port are obviously good and will be deserved favourites at home after a rest, both teams have beaten Port already this year. In our case at AO, and in Brisbane’s case at home but comprehensively.

Brisbane should rightly be favourites, at home with a crowd and they’ve been very good there this year. But the dogs are a live chance if our stars can perform and our role players do their job.
Brisbane are going nowhere regardless of what happens, at best they are flat track bullies they are not beating Port in Adelaide

Or don't fill the threads with toxic negativity? Do we really want Big Footy to be a forum of toxic negativity and those that don't want that stay away?
Yeah I'm with you there, well said. Sure people react differently when things aren't going well [and even sometimes when they are going well!] and it doesn't mean they are not good supporters - but sometimes the negativity and pessimism is just too extreme for mine, like when players and coaches are abused. Just a matter of where you draw the line.

Don't let it upset you. They are only genuine fans displaying their passion. Calling them "fair weather" does them a disservice. Most of them are here right through the bad years as much as the good years.

There is no moral obligation to post only positive comments when your team has lost three on the trot. It seems perfectly reasonable that there should be a fair bit teeth-gnashing and hair-tearing.

One of the benefits of this forum is it allows us to air our anguish when we are playing badly, just as much as it allows us to share our joy when we're going well.
I get the disappointment but I can’t help feeling some posters enjoy the pain a little too much

My chief objection is when posters complain about things that haven’t actually happened yet. Last week I had many a Twitter blue with Tweets about how we were going to lose. That’s not criticism in my book as it hadn’t actually happened and didn’t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The three loses effected all of us. I rated this years drop off to third most disappointing behind 1997, and the 2009 Prelim.

I was convinced we would make a GF, wasn’t sure if we could win it but I thought we were good enough to get there. With COVID, repressing normal life, the Bulldogs were an incredible pick me up.

I watched the three losses and felt gutted, I stopped watching any Footy shows, or listen to radio or even read the newspapers or AFL webpage, it was a media block out for me, just a quick browse on here. I am glad I did because the crap they spout would have got me down even more.

However, my job is to support the team and the club, and I feel uncomfortable kicking them when they are down I leave that to the opposition.

I think Bont is injured, and losing Bruce has really knocked them, not just their structure but more because he is a loved team mate. Bevo is a very empathic man, and he brings this out in the players. I remember losing to St Kilda when Wally broke his leg, these things effect the players they are not robots. I think the Bulldogs more than most.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post DW. You always offer a fair and balanced perspective.

My main gripe is that when things aren't going that great, there are a few of us who like to point out the positives and get labelled as apologists ("Oh look, the Bevo brigade is out in force"), etc.

This place should be somewhere to vent frustrations, after all we all want the same thing, loads and loads of premierships. But it also needs to be a place where a bit of perspective during these "difficult" times are also respected and appreciated.
I think this is a legitimate view and I support it.

Everyone who posts on here needs to respect the right of everyone else on here to post alternative views (provided it's within the BigFooty rules) without them trying to silence dissenting voices. Shouting down others with whom you don't agree by exaggerating and misquoting what they say, or by labelling and belittling them is not fair play.

Many of us on here, myself included, should be more mindful of the subtle bullying we engage in when we label and put down those with opposing views.

I think this is a legitimate view and I support it.

Everyone who posts on here needs to respect the right of everyone else on here to post alternative views (provided it's within the BigFooty rules) without them trying to silence dissenting voices. Shouting down others with whom you don't agree by exaggerating and misquoting what they say, or by labelling and belittling them is not fair play.

Many of us on here, myself included, should be more mindful of the subtle bullying we engage in when we label and put down those with opposing views.
We live in a democracy, everyone has the right to their own views and free speech

I get the disappointment but I can’t help feeling some posters enjoy the pain a little too much

My chief objection is when posters complain about things that haven’t actually happened yet. Last week I had many a Twitter blue with Tweets about how we were going to lose. That’s not criticism in my book as it hadn’t actually happened and didn’t
There’s no doubt some Bulldogs fans weirdly liked being a bit crap and off the radar. Not on here but the social club is full of people moaning about too many members, and being so busy they can’t sit on the same specific plastic chair and table at quarter time. Incredible really as it’s really never full.

Bloody hell, last week has me believing again. And with the Lions having 3 first choice forwards out and 2 key backs under injury clouds, simply we should be winning this game.

But I also recall some dire finals at the gabba. Doubt we’ve won any up there…

Bloody hell, last week has me believing again. And with the Lions having 3 first choice forwards out and 2 key backs under injury clouds, simply we should be winning this game.

But I also recall some dire finals at the gabba. Doubt we’ve won any up there…
I was at all of those in the 2000's

Not fun experiences

I remember losing to St Kilda when Wally broke his leg, these things effect the players they are not robots. I think the Bulldogs more than most.

I flew the kids to Melbourne to watch that game 😭. Redpath also did his knee. Was a somber train ride back to Footscray...

Back