Tiger G 12 174
Lovesthefp 12 175
Pinky951 11 150
Smy1305 9 180
paddlepop33 9 182
2010premier 8 268
shiny_on_top 6 207

A public service announcement:

If you would like to catch a local game of football this evening, there is a Triple Header at Yeronga:

* Div 2 Seniors - Yeronga V Caboolture - Downs Oval (Field 1), 7:45pm
* Div 2 Reserves - Yeronga V Caboolture - Stevenson Oval (Field 2), 7:00pm
* Div 4 Central - Yeronga V UQ - Downs Oval (Field 1), 6:00pm

We're looking forward to a top night of community football. Hopefully, we may see some of you there.

Hot Tip - Mayne to beat Grange on Saturday. If I was setting the odds I'd say Grange $1.42 - Mayne $3.00

Would take the $3.00 any day of the week.

You've heard it here first...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you say that? Hope you are right, I know Mayne have big names coming back from injury this week. Going to be tough as Grange are in top form! Go Tigers

enjoy while you can, you blokes will go broke again once hooper,furfaroe,proud etc leave back to the bottom for 5 years.
Or add alot of experience for the puma young brigade for the future, you sound a little peeved that they got these players. Any other clubs would of grabbed them if given the opportunity!

Pretty sure its been a worth while investment thus far! The pumas have been the whipping boys for the past 10 years, if they finally have the funds to get these fellas then good luck to them. It's sad to see tall poppy syndrome before they have even had a chance to grow! Great to see them up and about.

Pretty sure its been a worth while investment thus far! The pumas have been the whipping boys for the past 10 years, if they finally have the funds to get these fellas then good luck to them. It's sad to see tall poppy syndrome before they have even had a chance to grow! Great to see them up and about.
it is good to see the pumas going well, i just hope history doesnt repeat itself....

it was only 06 from memory when springwood were extremely strong and got rolled in the gf by the magpies - from memory the loss of a cpl of there onballers who were teachers o/s i think really hurt them - sure they have struggled the last couple of years but all clubs go through it.

PBC would like to forget 2006 im sure! The cycle doesnt go full circle for all inside 5 or 10 years - good luck to them for attracting blokes who want to have a kick is my 2 cents!

Smy - kinda like what Matthews did to maroochy? ;)
Yep - great bloke, but unnecessary bucks paid. You are correct (maybe unknowingly!:cool:). Is the Maroochy footy club a better place bc Ben Matthews played there?? Not sure anyone could say yes. (nor is it worse mind you, just a lot poorer). And the people who made the decisions then moved on and left others to pick up the pieces (as usually happens).

Not a crack at Springwood at all (and btw BOC, think Noosa ppl might have a bit of a say in your memory of history - the Pumas were carved up in the prelim by the Tigers in 2006) but just a response to Tigers claim that anyone would take those blokes if they became available to their club - well thats just the sort of attitude that some club administrators have and to the absolute detriment of their footy club. There is a cost/benefit attached to every player you recruit. If Proud and Hooper are there is 4 years time coaching junior sides (ala Corrie) or cooking BBQ's or raising funds or playing for nicks then i am happy to say i was wrong.

SMY - call it an educated guess :) any club flying a player in and out at this level is going to have a massive challenge controlling the culture of the club around it - lets just say as a betting man i thought it might have put a cat amongst a few sunny coast pigeons!

I think Noosa will be ok with the 06 reference - sure they are still enjoying the fact the gave us a beating so bad that year up there that we started shaking hands at 3 quarter time as we thought it was over!!

Dont know Proud but think Hooper might be similar to Corrie tbh - before getting drafted they almost had to drag him to Mt Gravatt as he wanted to play at Ippy with his mates.

Sure there was a knock on his work ethic at the Hawks, but surely he could get more coin in the SANFL or VFA if he was after cash and grab exercise.

Smy thats not my personal attitude just reckon some clubs would go for it given the chance. I'm more in favour of Mayne's Henry Leong type of player coming up through the local ranks such as Everton junoirs playing senior footy.
In saying that if the likes of Hooper, Proud and co are putting in a big effort for the clubs future in return for the coin spent on them eg. such helping juniors etc i'm not against it.

BOC - not sure where you heard Matthews was "flown in" - Mooloolaba is pretty close to Fish Rd! Owns 2 newsagencies there and always has from when he moved here. Now looking to offload mind you with his new gig at the Suns this year so if you have some spare coin around and love reading newspapers feel free to purchase and we will welcome you with open arms to the Fish Rd experience as well! :)

Re 06 - was sitting in the coaches box at the time and we felt it a good idea to ensure our guns, Langan, L.Matthews, Isles were given a good last qrt rest and spared the chance of injury. The Pumas came pretty hard in the final qrt and I still remember Matthews turning around to us and saying "get me back on the f..n ground"!!:D Little to say but I let him know post match that it was always under control!!

Remove this Banner Ad

SEQAFL Division 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back