Media Serial Stats: The Wonders & Demons, and a Failed Attempt At Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

You need no life spammers like the OP to set that kind of record.

Try playing a game where you tag and harass the entire league 200 times a day next time.

That was the single greatest highlight of the SFA though.

#grandfinalrematch was unprecedented, incredible and unstoppable. Two great clubs bought the SFA to a whole new level.

Imagine being that fragile that the third biggest thread has you scrambling to discredit it.

Actually you don't have to imagine, thanks serial_thrilla

Imagine being that fragile that the third biggest thread has you scrambling to discredit it.

Actually you don't have to imagine, thanks serial_thrilla
You attempted to break the record, yes?

You put a lot of time and effort into doing so, yes?

And you failed dismally, yes?

That's what I'm mocking. 🎉

I'm glad you've got a good supply.

Happy Ryan Gosling GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Keep some for Sunday though

Rookies these days...
punk.gif

Thats a rookie!? 60k posts and a BigFooty mod, I just assumed they were another one of these seasoned geek nerd type veterans.

View attachment 1787880

Do you remember #grandfinalrematch?

Of course you do. But for those that have joined since Season 33, I'll summarise: - it was the peak of match thread posting in the history of this league. The Dragons and Furies - two clubs with next to no common ground - coming together for a rematch of the Season 32 Grand Final. But instead of the usual slew of basic qooty banter, beer chat and faux outrage, the two clubs combined to create something special as they bounced off each other during a journey to what became the longest match thread on this forum. For almost all involved (U2tigers the exception) it was one of their fondest memories in this league.

They say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery. But what does it mean if the imitation is merely a pale shadow of the inspiration?

Many of you know ClarkeM, yes?

ClarkeM didn't like #grandfinalrematch.

Which is makes it all the more curious as to why he wanted to replicate it last week during the Round 4 match thread between the Wonders and Demons.

A little hypocrisy goes a long way, but never the less - off went the Wonders and Demons on their quest to climb the mountain.

I tried to warn them of the enormity of the task, but to no avail:

Bluelegs identified early on that they faced an uphill battle, but others forged on.

So how did our Foundation Cup friends fare in their quest? Surely the might of the Wonders and Demons - two self-proclaimed heavyweights of the league - could take down a record produced by the lowly Dragons and Furies?

View attachment 1788239

Oh dear.

Sadly they were never in with a chance. They kept within striking distance for the first 24 hours, but by the time Thursday rolled around they were flatlining more than the current global economy. The eventual differential of 3394 match thread posts was more than the top three contributors for #grandfinalrematch combined.

And with only 98 contributors, compared to the 123 seen in #grandfinalrematch, they couldn't even get the engagement from the wider Sweet FA community in their scheme.

Perhaps the Wonders and Demons should focus on trying to keep the "Foundation Cup" relevant, and add a bit of spark to their rivalry, instead of going on hopeless crusades whilst trying to add an element of friendship to their "fued".

But do you want to know what actually is the saddest thing about this attempt?

They didn't even beat the second longest match thread in Sweet FA history...

View attachment 1788242
I briefly considered the option of posting the sim line by line - thus smashing the record by several thousand posts, while at the same time writing myself into SFA folklore by slaughtering Pickitt's individual record. However real life/family took hold, and it never happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I briefly considered the option of posting the sim line by line - thus smashing the record by several thousand posts, while at the same time writing myself into SFA folklore by slaughtering Pickitt's individual record. However real life/family took hold, and it never happened.
would have only been funny for about the first three lines anyway

The Die Hard villains countdown was my greatest moment in the Sweet FA. Narrowly, very narrowly, shading the Big M flavours countdown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Serial Stats: The Wonders & Demons, and a Failed Attempt At Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back