State of Origin Series XIX Round 1: Western Australia v Vic Country at Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting fact about the state we are playing

In 1933 Western Australia held a state referendum to secede from Australia. Western Australians voted yes and a petition of secession was sent to the British Parliament. The British Parliament decided it did not have the power to grant secession. As a result, Western Australia remained part of Australia.

Just for that alone Vic Country need to smash these splitters
IMG_0974.gif

I look forward to it, let me warm up

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Like everyone at Optus at our home games you were clearly saying Booooo-urns ;)

You're being a touch modest methinks having ran riot in last year's matchup by leading allcomers with 34 possies! Quelling your influence is going to be crucial to a VICtory but I think Special Bruce is up to the challenge.

On the ruck rover matchup - Seeing TiF's outstanding shooping firsthand makes me extremely nervous tbh (E.g. his custom Darcy Moore avatar for an unlucky Carlton qooty tipper once upon a time). If he wanted to my beloved Crackerjack could be tarnished to such a degree that he'd suddenly become suitable to run for President.

He also had 26, 3 goals and 2 votes last time around so is no slouch onfield against the Counts either.
Oh we and I certainly started our campaign strongly against you guys last SoO series. Sadly it ended up being our only win for the entire series. On paper it means we match up well against you guys but in reality it has been so long since the last game that both teams look quite different to last time and a lot has changed.

I knew I couldn’t rely on form from a year ago especially since I have played FP for the two seasons since that carnival so have been working hard to get back into that shape.

Anyway it’s now our turn to go Flag2Spoon2Flag - just ask your teammates Robertio and Tigerturbulance

nSSz6xw.png

90095fbe444ba076edfc77ecf40af374.jpg

In 1933 Western Australia held a state referendum to secede from Australia. Western Australians voted yes and a petition of secession was sent to the British Parliament. The British Parliament decided it did not have the power to grant secession. As a result, Western Australia remained part of Australia.

Only to stop us from having to be legally tied to South Australia…
Just ew…

Only to stop us from having to be legally tied to South Australia…
Just ew…
If anything SA and Tas were on our side as they considered secession too . Horrifying.

In any case WAxit was a thing long before Brexit was, just ask Chipmunk

Australia without WA? 🤭

Screenshot_20240629-094602.png

The exceptionalism of WA has always been at issue for the rest of Australia.
Coming from being so isolated that disappearing into your own belly button via contemplation between two brands of spearmint flavoured milk, causing an existential crisis of identity causing mass xenophobia to anything or anyone who isn't a quokka or an exploitable mineral. The rest of Australia already knows how dangerous flavoured lactose can be and just gets on with being rational.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming from being so isolated that disappearing into your own belly button via contemplation between two brands of spearmint flavoured milk, causing an existential crisis of identity causing mass xenophobia to anything or anyone who isn't a quokka or an exploitable mineral. The rest of Australia already knows how dangerous flavoured lactose can be and just gets on with being rational.
giphy.gif

Some of the other Victorian inventions.
The Black Box Flight Recorder
Penicilian
Rain Sensing Windscreen Wipers
Cochlear Implants
The Electric Drill
WiFi
The Ute
Refridgeration
Vegemite

I could go on and on. A lot of the inventors came from country Victoria...Hicks indeed!
You know what else came out of Country Victoria?

Woodside Energy.

Jokes on you… there’s only one brand

nSSz6xw.png

I'm happy to travel to Perth as an Emergency just in case anyone gets mod-banned before before/during the game.
As long as the Borders are open.
I'll try and catch the same flight over as the triumphant returning Dockers.
Possibly in Fyfe's suitcase.

Love it brother, got a back pocket spot with your name on it next round. 👍

Happy to play anywhere.

But have you had a look at my performances playing further forward for the latter part of the season?
As I switched from the backline to much more forward.

Who else went to see this exciting match at Subiaco Oval in 1983, 41 years ago?

Lots of people took the day off work or studies to watch this.
I think this was the one me and mates skipped uni lectures to go and see. (if it wasn't in the winter holidays).

Played on Tuesday July 12, Western Australia got up by 3 points in a close encounter 16.22.118 to 16.19.115.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back