State of Origin Series XIX Round 3 - Allies vs Western Australia at the Sydney Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Allies v WA.png

wa v all lttm.png

The last time these two teams met, it was the Allies who won by 13 points. It could have been more if not for the Allies' inaccuracy and the Western Australians' amazing accuracy, which they have continued into this series.

Western Australia are 2 from 2 so far and are sitting on top of the ladder. They have impressively kicked 37.9 in their 2 games, and in both matches, they have had fewer shots than their opponents, but their accuracy has helped them win both games. If they win here, they will go 2 wins ahead on the ladder and will most likely book themselves a spot in the Grand Final. In Round 1, they started slowly against Vic Country, trailing by 33 points at quarter time, but won the last 3 quarters to take the win by 29 points. In Round 2, again they trailed at quarter time, but this time it was only 6 points due to South Australia's inaccuracy. An 8 goal 2nd quarter blew the game apart, and they never gave up the lead to win by 18 points after a late scare with the SA full forward kicking 5 goals in the last quarter.

Tonga Bob (8 goals), MWPP (7 goals), and Falconista (5 goals) have been the main goal kickers so far for the Western Australians. Possession wise, WA have really shared the load, but MWPP (49), BLUEALLTHRU (44), and Falconista (44) have been the best of the bunch.

The reigning premiers, the Allies, are refreshed and ready to take on the top of the ladder Western Australians after having the bye in Round 2. In Round 1, the Allies snuck home in a nail biter with the siren sounding just in time before Vic Metro could get their kick away at goal. Trailing by 15 points at three quarter time, it was 2 goals to T2B_, a goal by GWS Goose, and 3 points from ShaunDuggan that got them over the line by a solitary point. They will be hoping for less of a heart stopper this game.

BRAB kicked 5 goals, while ShaunDuggan and T2B_ each contributed 3 goals. Only 4 players didn't reach double figures in possessions, with Irish BlueBagger leading the way with 27, followed by Grav with 24, and crazywildhorse and HARPSichord each with 21.

Captains, please submit your teamsheets by Friday 5th July 6pm AEST

Thanks for the detailed OP tony

I’m not used to getting mentions in the OP due to my stats but I’ll take it. It also means that I have no excuse for not knowing that the thread has started.

Bring on the unofficial MOTR - league ladders v reigning premiers

And it’s no wonder that you Allies would rather not admit to being from NSW, QLD, ACT, NT or Tas…

As for the SCG, it feels like it’s back in the 80s from a spectator / stand quality perspective and not even in a good way

At least with such a small expected crowd for your home game, it won’t really matter

Waiting for the complaints from the WA folk about flying economy over to Sydney.
No complaints from us. Economy is for teams like SA and the Counts who aren’t rolling in royalties

Given the travel burden we get a quota of business class flights for our away games anyway but rather than be forced to fly separately or consign most of the team to economy (given a shortage of business class seats on the flight) we charter a flight instead

Thanks for the detailed OP tony

I’m not used to getting mentions in the OP due to my stats but I’ll take it. It also means that I have no excuse for not knowing that the thread has started.

Bring on the unofficial MOTR - league ladders v reigning premiers
You would hope this game would be MOTR, with the other game being between last and 2nd last and without a win between them.

Imagine living in a state so irrelevant that you don't get your own SoO team.

I'm looking forward to living in a state where you get your own AFL team.

Powermove.

Good morning fellow Black Ducks, and good morning superfriends.

Hey you know what I love about State of Origin? You can see where everyone comes from. I mean it's great to see people represent Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, and miscellaneous.

Good morning fellow Black Ducks, and good morning superfriends.

Hey you know what I love about State of Origin? You can see where everyone comes from. I mean it's great to see people represent Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, and miscellaneous.
Like that container that sits at the end of the bench that everyone’s pocket lint gets dumped in, only to be emptied into the bin at the end of the month.

Sure, you might find 20c every now and then, buts it’s mostly useless store cards, pen lids and hair ties

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like that container that sits at the end of the bench that everyone’s pocket lint gets dumped in, only to be emptied into the bin at the end of the month.

Sure, you might find 20c every now and then, buts it’s mostly useless store cards, pen lids and hair ties
I was thinking that they're more like the car key filled fruit bowl of SoO. So desperate for attention that they'll sign up to anything, hook up with a random person who answered an advertisement and they get to take home a little something that itches like crazy.

While it is slightly tiresome for representatives of a side who genuinely welcomes those from all states and countries far and wide to be scoffed at, sneered at and scorned, we do in fact see ourselves as visionaries. Those who have fought the good fight for the glorious game of Australian Rules football and by extension, qooty.

And to be sneered at by representatives of a state who only pause momentarily from digging all of it up to incarcerate the local population is sadly short sighted.

While it is slightly tiresome for representatives of a side who genuinely welcomes those from all states and countries far and wide to be scoffed at, sneered at and scorned, we do in fact see ourselves as visionaries. Those who have fought the good fight for the glorious game of Australian Rules football and by extension, qooty.

And to be sneered at by representatives of a state who only pause momentarily from digging all of it up to incarcerate the local population is sadly short sighted.
1720052242901.png

Isn't there a small patch of ground somewhere you should be exporting?
No there isn't.

Large chunks of mineral goodness on the other hand, absolutely!

superfriends
I read this as super funds, which makes sense considering you virtually need one with a healthy balance to be able to afford to live in Sydney these days. I did see some bums lying at the entrance to the SCG on my way into the ground this morning though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back