State of Origin Series XV Round 1 - Western Australia v Allies @ Perth Stadium

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

0Xv237A.png

State of Origin is back!

What better way to kick off Series XV than with the most tantalising of match ups, a clash between the two sides equal in all time State of Origin series wins, WA and the Allies.​

WA had a series they would rather forget in Series XIV, and despite being the leading scoring team in the competition, they went through the carnival winless and firmly fixed at the bottom of the table. It wasn’t for a lack of talent, and returning skipper Tarkyn_24 would be bullish about WA’s chances of a form reversal with a star studded WA outfit at his disposal. Can WA make the most unlikely of role reversals and lift the cup for their fourth series win and go to outright supremacy?

While Dingster’s Allies are another squad filled to overflowing with talent, and like WA, they would be the first to admit Series XIV didn’t quite go to plan. Finishing 2-2, the Allies slumped to second last in the final round of the competition, and out of a berth in the Grand Final at the expense of Vic Country after they dismantled the combined side. But like WA, the Allies have 3 series wins under their belt, and historically have performed strongly in State of Origin so could they beat WA to the punch to become #firsttofour?

Players to watch

BcKCu8b.png

Ljp86

Fresh from a premiership with his beloved Dragons, WA legend Ljp would be looking to carry his scintillating form into Series XV for his state, after arguably a best on ground performance in the S28 Sweet FA decider. Resuming vice captaincy duties with old mate Tarkyn_24, a fit and firing Ljp will go a long way to deciding WA’s fortunes in Series XV in their quest to be #firsttofour

S28 All-SFA captain Barrybran enjoyed a strong Series XIV for his state fresh from his barnstorming rookie season that saw him not only take out the EKA, but also an All-SFA berth, and he carried that form on for his state, and despite a poor outing by WA, he was one of few who could hold his head high. Will he regain the sort of form that saw him vie for a Wally Medal in his first series and lift his WA side’s chances of reversing their fortunes in Series XV?

After starting Series XIV off strongly, Hawks skipper Agent93 would be looking to make his presence felt in Series XV, as one of the more well credentialed members of the squad. Selected as All-SFA captain in S27, and having led a star studded East Side Hawks outfit to two finals series from his three seasons at the helm, WA will be looking for the S28 All-SFA rep to provide some experience and leadership both on and off field as they seek to make a much improved effort in Series XV.

S28 Premiership co-captain Hatchy is another who’ll be looking to translate his strong Sweet FA form and fortunes into State of Origin success. The last time these two sides met, he dominated the contest, kicking a bag of 7 majors and proving himself to be the difference as the Allies prevailed by a single kick back in Series XIV.

Few players would be burning to make their mark on this series more than Bono, after he was sensationally overlooked for an All-SFA berth in S28 after a ripping season in the ruck for his Wonders. Another who enjoyed the last clash between these two sides, Bono would be absolutely champing at the bit to strap on the boots again and take out some aggression on an unlucky WA likely to face his wrath.

Stiff to miss out on the TFLUA-Tiger Award, S28 All-SFA rover Loons enjoyed an individual season of brilliance at the Hawks this season. He would be hoping to recover from his severe leather poisoning in time to take up a position in the middle for the Allies to continue on with his rich vein of form and drive the Allies engine room in Series XV.

Last Time

Series XIV Round 4

Western Australia
6.2​
10.5​
13.8​
13.13​
Allies
3.2​
6.3​
11.5​
15.7​

Goals

Western Australia: Blacky 4; CakeEater, gym4life 2; Allikat, JoshWoodenSpoon, MWPP, Noobz0r, xenxen

Allies: Hatchy1992 7; ShaunDuggan, Yakker 2; Cloud_, Dingster, The Filth Wizard, U2tigers

Best

Western Australia:
Noobz0r, Biggie, Barrybran, Allikat, xenxen, Tarkyn_24

Allies: Hatchy1992, Cloud_, The Filth Wizard, Dingster, grumbleguts, U2tigers

Prediction

Western Australia to open their account with a 23 point win.

Captains, please have your teamsheets submitted in the teamsheet thread by midnight AWST on day 1 of each match thread.

Last edited:

Solid move leaving Ant Bear out of the side, Dingster. I don't see BRAB or U2tigers passing him the ball all tournament. May as well put him in a back pocket when he plays.

Solid move leaving Ant Bear out of the side, Dingster. I don't see BRAB or U2tigers passing him the ball all tournament. May as well put him in a back pocket when he plays.

Team is too strong, this week will be a training run for us ;)

Don't worry Ant Bear will still make the Series XV team of the series - mind you most of the Allies will be in it :thumbsu:

Team is too strong, this week will be a training run for us ;)

Don't worry Ant Bear will still make the Series XV team of the series - mind you most of the Allies will be in it :thumbsu:
Just remember you're the one wearing orange

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a dash of orange whereas you lot resemble the Furies. Do you Tittybong?
I can't say I've ever tried to put a garden hose in someone's breast, so no.

Yep

I have made a season long pledge. Every time I directly give Ant Bear the Qooty I will whip myself in Self-flagellation. I need to be punished if I give him the Qootball.

1578261173107.png

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin Series XV Round 1 - Western Australia v Allies @ Perth Stadium

Back