Settle down

Remove this Banner Ad

We let a club with no coach, a 0-9 record and a team depleated with injuries boss us around tonight. Why should Josh Carr have the last laugh tonight? Why all of a sudden do the Power rock up after 9 weeks of embarrassing themselves? Why don't we show some fricken passion and win this game to keep our finals chances alive? Why can't we send Josh Carr away on a miserable note instead of giving him the perfect send-off? Why why why?

Not good enough. unaccepatable.

Half the crowd was Crows tonight. We rocked up in our numbers and got a soft, gutless, pathetic performance. They should not have come within 6-7 goals.

So upset. A huge let-down

2 words mental toughness

We showed up thinking here comes a walk in the park port have lost last 9 coming back from a sauna bath Easy

Oooooops

Abso****inglutely.

No where near mentally hard enough. Young players up and DOWN this week in that regard. Hendo/Walker/Mackay in front of goal.. all have great legs.. all had massive issues with WILLING it to happen for them. The senior players we had in the side have always been a little weak and inconsistent with mental toughness and none of them had a great game either.

Too much squibbing tonight as well. Hendo still has along way to go with his hardness at the contest. Jaensch/Armstrong also had terrible moments tonight.

None of our potential captains willed themselves to have an impact on the game either. Rory/Danger tried but also shows they are a few years off it as well. VB/Truck - you are not captians material based on tonights game.

I think the supporters have every right to be angry. Port are an average side, we should have belted them but they outplayed us and played with passion and spirit, our blokes didn't. We let the opposition players get loose far too often, we didn't go for the contested ball and made horrible skill errors when we did actually get the ball.

What I don't agree with is sticking the sword into every player that played a bad game tonight. You can't say Danger/VB will be a bad captain choice in the future on the sample space of 1 game! I admit, some of our players played some stinkers (Bock, Symes, VB etc.) but I don't believe in calling for their heads after tonight's performance. We'll see how they go over the rest of the season before making hefty calls such as this.

Great post. Exactly my thoughts. I'm just furious that they played with far more passion and spirit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Settle down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back