Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha Ha Yeah yeah ok You Still Should of Played at your home Ground anyway then there wouldnt of been any Confusion lol.
Avenel (3) vs Alaxandra (0) so far this year and 2 of those games 1 including the 1-day Final Alexandra Should of Saved there Petrol waste of a drive for them i reckon. You guys better win the toss and bat because i reckon you will see the Higgest score of the season if Avenel bat 1st, ever seen a side score 6 an Over in a 100 over Game work that out and it might be better if you guys save yourself the trip and just concentrate on next year.

Or maybe the Truth is you guys still thought you were playing on a hard Wicket thats why you didnt cover It you Forgot lol :)

Ha Ha its all Good Fun hey might see you Saturday...! :D

AND GUYS THE TOP 2 SIDES ALWAYS PLAY OFF IN THE GRAND FINAL,

AVENEL vs ALEXANDRA A-Grade

NAGAMBIE vs TALLAROOK B-Grade

Finals is a different game to home & away so if your not good Enough you dont make its simple as that. So well done to the other sides during the year but you wernt good enough so better luck next year .

Good Luck to all the sides in the Finals and lets hope we get some good weather and GOOD Umpires PLEASE.....! :)

Shit. I might not play in the B's on the weekend and go and watch the stouch at Avenel. Sounds like it could be lively.:eek:

No doubt you guys had some good performances but the ladder at the end of the home and away rounds is generally a pretty good indication of how sides have performed over the course of a season and not just in selective games. Broadford done enough over the season to finish in second position and so can rightly claim to have been the second best side over that period. Finals however are a different story and it comes down to who is in better form on that particular weekend, and if weather intervenes the higher finishing side has things stacked in their favour. Kilmore obviously turned out a good performance in their semi final and had Nagambie on the ropes but at the end of the day couldn't get the job done. Things may well of been different if play had not been affected by weather or indeed if you guys had made a bolder decleration at around 150 and allowed yourself more time to take the 10 wickets you needed to win. You can speculate all you like on what might have been but the fact is Kilmore finished fourth, both at the end of the season and after the finals and therefore have no claims on being the second best side.

Hey LEGO whatever the conditions bloody bat first hey!!! From memory after fielding first in 3 grand finals the old 'Rook bodies were too weary to get the job done on the 2nd day ;)

I do hope the Rook wins coz it's my 2nd favourite team - but if a premiership guarantee's that Nagambie stop being B-grade bullies then i wont complain either . . . . . . may the best team over two full days of cricket prevail :thumbsu:

Ha Ha Yeah yeah ok You Still Should of Played at your home Ground anyway then there wouldnt of been any Confusion lol.
Avenel (3) vs Alaxandra (0) so far this year and 2 of those games 1 including the 1-day Final Alexandra Should of Saved there Petrol waste of a drive for them i reckon. You guys better win the toss and bat because i reckon you will see the Higgest score of the season if Avenel bat 1st, ever seen a side score 6 an Over in a 100 over Game work that out and it might be better if you guys save yourself the trip and just concentrate on next year.

Or maybe the Truth is you guys still thought you were playing on a hard Wicket thats why you didnt cover It you Forgot lol :)

Ha Ha its all Good Fun hey might see you Saturday...! :D
pfffft wank wank wank wank wank winky if you pull any harder it might fall off, obvious attempt to stir the pot, you boys are very beatable i wouldnt be so sure of yourself... p.s homeground destroyed, it had 9 helicopters on it for a month

Re: !

mate you are so far off the bloody mark its not funny, seriously people like you who throw around these wild and unfounded accusations do no good for anyone and give me the shits, what evidence supports your bullshit theory that we cheated? heres what happened; yea watered the ground on wednesday night in accordance to their general pitch preparation, the curator who works in melbourne genereally follows this with rolling on thursday friday and saturday however on thursday over an inch of rain was received, this made rolling on the thursday impossible and the pitch after two days of water was required to dry out before it could be prepared, the yea groundsman elected to leave the covers off on friday as it was not due to rain AND IT DID NOT RAIN FRIDAY NIGHT. he then managed to get the roller on on saturday morning and stated that the pitch was just playable, we arrived at the ground with a light spit of rain falling and asked the yea groundsman if we should put the covers on, he told us not to but not being cheats or wanting to seem as such we went and put in place the covers, unfortunately the access gate to the ground was locked and we then had to carry the covers over the fence and onto the wicket a process which took about 10-15 minutes and in this time the rain became heavier and approx 2mm fell on the wicket, due to the wicket being so wet underneath it was not able to take any more water as it was already on the brink and this shower had nowhere to drain to, it did not rain friday and we did not cheat, we did everything within our powers to ensure play was undertaken. IF THE COVERS WERE LAID ON THE FRIDAY NIGHT IN ACCORDANCE THEN NO PLAY WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE AS IT WOULDNT HAVE DRIED SUFFICIENTLY FOR ANY ROLLING. the handbook states the covers are to be removed by 830 am and had this been the case the wicket still would have copped the extra rain and hence NO PLAY AT ALL OVER THE TWO DAYS WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE!!! for all you people calling us cheats take a bloody good hard look at yourselves as we to the contrary of your bullshit did everything we could to ensure play, p.s we know you avenel pr*cks hate alex and i assume your using this as a forum to rub our name in the dirt, shame on you winky and all of you other "experts" calling for our heads, get your facts straight

I must say when I first heard that the covers hadn't been put on at Yea I thought it was fairly cut and dry and thought that Broadford should have been awarded the match as the rules are clear, and being Alexandra's home game I would of thought it was their responsibilty to make sure they were adhered to. Having read your post however I see it's not quite as simple as has been suggested and hence I've changed my view. It's amazing what a difference the facts can make. Whatever the case it's obviously an unfortunate set of circumstances and one side or the other will understandably be disapointed with whatever decision the SDCA make. I'm just glad I'm not the one that has to make it.

mate you are so far off the bloody mark its not funny, seriously people like you who throw around these wild and unfounded accusations do no good for anyone and give me the shits, what evidence supports your bullshit theory that we cheated? heres what happened; yea watered the ground on wednesday night in accordance to their general pitch preparation, the curator who works in melbourne genereally follows this with rolling on thursday friday and saturday however on thursday over an inch of rain was received, this made rolling on the thursday impossible and the pitch after two days of water was required to dry out before it could be prepared, the yea groundsman elected to leave the covers off on friday as it was not due to rain AND IT DID NOT RAIN FRIDAY NIGHT. he then managed to get the roller on on saturday morning and stated that the pitch was just playable, we arrived at the ground with a light spit of rain falling and asked the yea groundsman if we should put the covers on, he told us not to but not being cheats or wanting to seem as such we went and put in place the covers, unfortunately the access gate to the ground was locked and we then had to carry the covers over the fence and onto the wicket a process which took about 10-15 minutes and in this time the rain became heavier and approx 2mm fell on the wicket, due to the wicket being so wet underneath it was not able to take any more water as it was already on the brink and this shower had nowhere to drain to, it did not rain friday and we did not cheat, we did everything within our powers to ensure play was undertaken. IF THE COVERS WERE LAID ON THE FRIDAY NIGHT IN ACCORDANCE THEN NO PLAY WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE AS IT WOULDNT HAVE DRIED SUFFICIENTLY FOR ANY ROLLING. the handbook states the covers are to be removed by 830 am and had this been the case the wicket still would have copped the extra rain and hence NO PLAY AT ALL OVER THE TWO DAYS WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE!!! for all you people calling us cheats take a bloody good hard look at yourselves as we to the contrary of your bullshit did everything we could to ensure play, p.s we know you avenel pr*cks hate alex and i assume your using this as a forum to rub our name in the dirt, shame on you winky and all of you other "experts" calling for our heads, get your facts straight

As long as all parties stick to this story there aint much the tribunal can do and you's will be right to play

As long as all parties stick to this story there aint much the tribunal can do and you's will be right to play
thats a bit of a low blow doona i assure you that it is exactly what happened and if we were in your position we would be upset to but we did no wrong, i dont see how you can still imply we are cheats especially someone usually as reasonable as yourself... disapointing :thumbsdown:

Hey LEGO whatever the conditions bloody bat first hey!!! From memory after fielding first in 3 grand finals the old 'Rook bodies were too weary to get the job done on the 2nd day ;)

Shit is it a Two Dayer?:eek: I knew we should have voted with Stu's push for all One Day games.;)
Thanks for the good wishes though Doona.:thumbsu:

I must say when I first heard that the covers hadn't been put on at Yea I thought it was fairly cut and dry and thought that Broadford should have been awarded the match as the rules are clear, and being Alexandra's home game I would of thought it was their responsibilty to make sure they were adhered to. Having read your post however I see it's not quite as simple as has been suggested and hence I've changed my view. It's amazing what a difference the facts can make. Whatever the case it's obviously an unfortunate set of circumstances and one side or the other will understandably be disapointed with whatever decision the SDCA make. I'm just glad I'm not the one that has to make it.
it was unfortunate nobody likes to go to a grand final like that and we would have loved to prove ourselves and beaten them but the conditions didnt allow, we did everything we could to ensure a game and it didnt eventuate but we staunchly defend and reject the tag of cheat

thats a bit of a low blow doona i assure you that it is exactly what happened and if we were in your position we would be upset to but we did no wrong, i dont see how you can still imply we are cheats especially someone usually as reasonable as yourself... disapointing :thumbsdown:

No low blow intended mate, for your information I have actually said to many people the past few days that this tribunal thing is a waste of time. I never mentioned anything about being cheats and am offended you'd suggest I would so please stop jumping at shadows.

Weather and the fact your ground was unavailable put a lot of people in unfortunate positions. Lets all just learn from this and next time any club needs to use neutral venues the hosting club must take full repsonsibility of ground preparation - I know back when I was playing we helped prepare and cover wickets at Pucka, Tallarook, Kilmore over the years as it eliminates such things like this happening.

No low blow intended mate, for your information I have actually said to many people the past few days that this tribunal thing is a waste of time. I never mentioned anything about being cheats and am offended you'd suggest I would so please stop jumping at shadows.

Weather and the fact your ground was unavailable put a lot of people in unfortunate positions. Lets all just learn from this and next time any club needs to use neutral venues the hosting club must take full repsonsibility of ground preparation - I know back when I was playing we helped prepare and cover wickets at Pucka, Tallarook, Kilmore over the years as it eliminates such things like this happening.
after re reading the comment i see i may have misinterpreted, my bad, just frustrated at carrying a "dirty" name at the moment, why not pick the best grounds to host finals and have neutral venues all the time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after re reading the comment i see i may have misinterpreted, my bad, just frustrated at carrying a "dirty" name at the moment, why not pick the best grounds to host finals and have neutral venues all the time?

Dont apologise, no need . . . . obvioulsy like you I hate my credibility questioned also.

Always loved Kings Park as a venue to play, although the wicket at times not near the best we have. If this rule was in place I still reckon ya's would be at Avenel as the ground and track are generally the pick - as far as cold beer goes watching a final at Tallarook has always been good over the years :thumbsu:

it was unfortunate nobody likes to go to a grand final like that and we would have loved to prove ourselves and beaten them but the conditions didnt allow, we did everything we could to ensure a game and it didnt eventuate but we staunchly defend and reject the tag of cheat

I never thought for a minute that you guys had cheated. My initial thoughts were that there had been some lack of communication or misunderstanding as to who was to prepare the wicket, Alex or Yea. Either way I considered that it was Alexandra's home game and therefore their responsibility to ensure that the rules were adhered to. However, as I said before, having read your explaination I have changed my view. I now sympathize with the tribunal members that will have to make a decision which is bound to disapoint one club or another.

I never thought for a minute that you guys had cheated. My initial thoughts were that there had been some lack of communication or misunderstanding as to who was to prepare the wicket, Alex or Yea. Either way I considered that it was Alexandra's home game and therefore their responsibility to ensure that the rules were adhered to. However, as I said before, having read your explaination I have changed my view. I now sympathize with the tribunal members that will have to make a decision which is bound to disapoint one club or another.

"Re-match" cha cha cha "Re-match" cha cha cha "Re-match" cha cha cha

just cranking boys!!!

I reckon neutral venues would lead to more problems like this. There's not too many clubs in the SDCA that I would rely on to prepare a proper wicket for a game they weren't involved in. Some can't even do a decent job for their own games.

"Re-match" cha cha cha "Re-match" cha cha cha "Re-match" cha cha cha

just cranking boys!!!

Haha thats funny.:thumbsu::)
It would however seem a resonable solution but unfortunately time wouldn't allow.
I reckon if Alex get through they should play modified rules though. It should be a CAGE MATCH where if Wink gets out first Avenel win and if Hados gets out first Alex get the points.:thumbsu::D:D

Haha thats funny.:thumbsu::)
It would however seem a resonable solution but unfortunately time wouldn't allow.
I reckon if Alex get through they should play modified rules though. It should be a CAGE MATCH where if Wink gets out first Avenel win and if Hados gets out first Alex get the points.:thumbsu::D:D
shouldnt be too hard seeing how old mate winkster has porked up over the three games we played during the year, he sure enjoys his arvo tea :D

ha ha Porked up hey lol Afternoon tea is the only reason i play Cricket, Nah its all good should be a good game this weekend i hope the WEATHER, PETER BAKER & JIMMY HATFIELD stay away and it should be a good contest, didnt know about helicopters landing on your ground.

it probly deserves to be Avenel vs Alexandra but a lot of the old heads are behind Broadford thats the word going around.

how About Alexandra vs Broadford Saturday in a 1 Day game at Avenel.
The Winner Plays Avenel Sunday in a 1 Dayer sounds Fair whats does every1 think. Its guna be a hard Decision tomorrow nite :eek:

Adam Mumford, Hendo should umpire or DOONA :)

I do hope the Rook wins coz it's my 2nd favourite team - but if a premiership guarantee's that Nagambie stop being B-grade bullies then i wont complain either . . . . . . may the best team over two full days of cricket prevail :thumbsu:

wow doon might have objected to ya umpiring our last game between us and the rook if we hadda known this lil piece of info :eek: haha surely theres a soft spot for Kilmore in there somewhere seeing as it is ur town of residency?? :thumbsu:

wow doon might have objected to ya umpiring our last game between us and the rook if we hadda known this lil piece of info :eek: haha surely theres a soft spot for Kilmore in there somewhere seeing as it is ur town of residency?? :thumbsu:

Ha ha think you'll find that's a little ongoing thing with LEGO and the Jazman, more due to the lovely beer at the Rook not the actual cricket side of things.

Good to see a reply from someone from Alexandra so now we know the full story of what happened. Will be an interesting night for those involved and a tough decision. Initially I was for Broadford going through but after getting the other side I think Alex will play Avenel although I think there were areas where it went wrong but it will be a learning curve to make sure if your not at home you have someone helping out with pitch and overlooking. Just one question for Winky did avenel have the covers on thursday when the rain fell ??

Were they ment to be ???????? Not sure i dont think we did, maybe Yea got a bit more Rain than Us its guna be interesting anyway what happens tonight ! What would happen if Alexandra lost would they Stay in our Comp anymore ??

ANYBODY READ TODAYS LOCAL PAPER THE UMPIRES FOR A-GRADE ARE PETER BAKER & ALLAN SOMEONE WHY DO WE BOTHER PUTTING UMPIRE REPORTS EVERY WEEK , adam mumford is doing B-Grade and Hendo is doing C-Grade what a JOKE.............! :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back