Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have the results from the weekend's Twenty20 games?

We were smashed by Yea at Yea in the 20/20 game. We could only muster up 9 players - 3 b grades 4 c graders and 2 guys we managed to con into a game. Yea made 9/167 I think before skittling Thornton for 37 in about 12 or 13 overs. Game was played in very good spirit and thanks to the Yea guys for a good day.
Seen on the big cricket forum that Nagambie knocked off Avenel by about 40 runs in their game with Avenel apparently fielding a pretty strong side so an upset there.
One other note from the weekend for us was the great condition that firstly the Kilmore ground was on Saturday in great nick and the outfield was like a bowling green thought it couldn't be matched but Yea on Sunday was right there with it a good pitch and an excellent outfield well done to those 2 clubs :thumbsu:

Some big games this weekend:
Kilmore V Avenel
Avenel to get over the line just. Still the benchmark of the competition in my opinion.
Seymour V Alexandra
Seymour looking for their first win may surprise at home.
Broadford V Yea Tigers
Must win for both clubs to get season going. Yea must bring some runs.
Eastern Hill V Tallarook
Tallarook the sleeping Giant. To strong at King's Park.

We were smashed by Yea at Yea in the 20/20 game. We could only muster up 9 players - 3 b grades 4 c graders and 2 guys we managed to con into a game. Yea made 9/167 I think before skittling Thornton for 37 in about 12 or 13 overs. Game was played in very good spirit and thanks to the Yea guys for a good day.
Seen on the big cricket forum that Nagambie knocked off Avenel by about 40 runs in their game with Avenel apparently fielding a pretty strong side so an upset there.
One other note from the weekend for us was the great condition that firstly the Kilmore ground was on Saturday in great nick and the outfield was like a bowling green thought it couldn't be matched but Yea on Sunday was right there with it a good pitch and an excellent outfield well done to those 2 clubs :thumbsu:

Thanks mate...we re definatley very proud of the nick that our ground is in atm...unfortunatley played at Kings Park on Saturday and its a real shame what the footy season has done to the ground...wicket played alright but crumbled after the first 3 overs, with the ball absolutley stuffed by 8-10 overs...hopefully they ground will be up to scratch after xmas :thumbsu:

Gunna be very hard shortly to get anything over $2.00 for a Kilmore CC flag
Not knocking kilmore they are a fair side, but E/hill lost the game more than kilmore winning it (good sides do win games they shouldn;t) E/hill had a very young side 7 players under 20 and only 1 over 30.
Very happy to see all the sadca junior Mcpherson shield teams had victorys over the strong Shepparton association on sunday, well done boys, Hinncy and Tim Muir doing a great job.

Not knocking kilmore they are a fair side, but E/hill lost the game more than kilmore winning it (good sides do win games they shouldn;t) E/hill had a very young side 7 players under 20 and only 1 over 30.
Very happy to see all the sadca junior Mcpherson shield teams had victorys over the strong Shepparton association on sunday, well done boys, Hinncy and Tim Muir doing a great job.

What about the seniors? Whats the go this year? I hear that the seinor competiton isnt running, which is a pity given the Seymour Boys were pretty strong last year able to match it with the other comps.

Some big games this weekend:
Kilmore V Avenel
Avenel to get over the line just. Still the benchmark of the competition in my opinion.
Seymour V Alexandra
Seymour looking for their first win may surprise at home.
Broadford V Yea Tigers
Must win for both clubs to get season going. Yea must bring some runs.
Eastern Hill V Tallarook
Tallarook the sleeping Giant. To strong at King's Park.

Kilmore V Avenel
Agree with you here, still not sure if Kilmore will bat the 80overs. Won 2 of their 1day games being 9-down.
Seymour V Alexandra
Hill to make a ton (if he plays). Seymour's batting relies too much on Brown and Gordon.
Broadford V Yea Tigers
Ryan Akers, Lachie Atkins & Pup Evans to make plenty.
Eastern Hill V Tallarook
Subba & Lachie Watts to make a few, but the Hill will be competitive

Kilmore V Avenel
Agree with you here, still not sure if Kilmore will bat the 80overs. Won 2 of their 1day games being 9-down.
Seymour V Alexandra
Hill to make a ton (if he plays). Seymour's batting relies too much on Brown and Gordon.
Broadford V Yea Tigers
Eastern Hill V Tallarook
I agree with the tips; Avenel, Alexandra, Yea and Tallarook to win.

However, I think you're being a bit harsh on Seymour's batting line-up, they've got Lachie Peterson and Glen Dowling, who can both bat. It's just their bowling attack that lets them down...

Spot on there. Was a pleasure to play on a cricket ground. Played a lot in melb the last 2 years and yea and kilmore been by far the nicest grounds ive played on. Kilmore a good size to. smaller bounderies keep us crippled old men from running to much

What about the seniors? Whats the go this year? I hear that the seinor competiton isnt running, which is a pity given the Seymour Boys were pretty strong last year able to match it with the other comps.
No senior Mc shield this season Shepp and a couple of the other comps pulled out.
I hope Melbourne country week is a goer. Anyone know who's hands are up to play this year.

Kilmore V Avenel
Seymour V Alexandra
Broadford V Yea Tigers
Eastern Hill V Tallarook

i think E/hill and Broadford will notch victories this round, Dallas Bergowicz is back for the hillies and with a game under his belt last week i think he may be the difference.

I agree with the tips; Avenel, Alexandra, Yea and Tallarook to win.

However, I think you're being a bit harsh on Seymour's batting line-up, they've got Lachie Peterson and Glen Dowling, who can both bat. It's just their bowling attack that lets them down...

Oh. I didnt know they were back. Havent seen their names in the paper, i thought they were playing at North this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At stumps at Kilmore...Avenal were all out for 246...Hinss 37, Enrico 51 and Pearce 88 the main contributors, for Kilmore Mumford claimed 3, McLeod & Brennan 2 each and Wilkins, Barrow and Rogers grabbing one. Kilmore had to face out one over at the end of the day with Dale Tassone taking 14 off it after a few loose deliveries from the young guy who bowled it...being at the other end it was quite entertaining considering the goal was to just get thru the over : P Good test for Kilmore bats next week to show they can match it with the best.

the rook a grade will be chasing around 50 more than they should have seeing they had the hill 9 for 140 odd. rook b grade made a good tally of 241 after at one stage being 6/111.

Some scores from the Big Cricket forum

Round 5

A-Grade
Broadford 177 def. Yea Tigers 146 & 4/132
Avenel 246 & 3/9 def. Kilmore 185
Tallarook 241 def. Eastern Hill 196
Alexandra 295 vs Seymour ???

B-Grade
Avenel 8/245 def. Broadford 102 & 2/59
Thornton 246 def. Eastern Hill 77 & 107
Tallarook 241 def. Yea Tigers 8/99 & 7/147

C-Grade
Nagambie 111 def. Thornton 110
Broadford Red 2/57 def. Eastern Hill 54
Kilmore 6/286 def. Seymour 54
Avenel 2/169 def. Flowerdale 9/164
Puckapunyal 8/152 def. Royals 130

Also Kilmore defeated Nagambie comfortably in B Grade and Alex won outright over Seymour in B Grade.

Scores off the Big Cricket Forum

Results

Round 6 (Day One)

A-Grade

Eastern Hill 0/3 vs. Avenel 192
Broadford 101 vs. Tallarook 9/98

B-Grade

Tallarook 226 vs. Broadford
Kilmore 6/61 vs. Avenel 115
Eastern Hill 5/10 vs. Nagambie 308
Seymour 210 vs. Royals

C-Grade

Kilmore 0/74 def. Alexandra 72
Tallarook 6/220 def. Puckapunyal Nomads 89
Thornton 210 def. Broadford Black 85
Puckapunyal Wanderers 160 def. Eastern Hill 151

Add to that

Kilmore 142 v Alex 1/9 in the A Grade

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back