Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumors are a wonderful thing Lego ,choose your words wisely

No dont LEGO this thread need some spice it has gone to $hit lately :D

Now is this correct guys - Alex, Bford and the Rook equal on points, with the Hill and Tiges 6 points in arrears???

Whats the difference in % wise - can the loser of the Rook v B'ford clash still hold onto 4th and an almost certain defeat at the hands of the odds on Swans in the semi's????

Rumors are a wonderful thing Lego ,choose your words wisely

You seem a little touchy about this Jobby, any particular reason? How was the function Saturday night? The weather was a bit cool at Tallarook but i heard it was pretty warm up Avenel way.:D;)
Is it true that Chris Jones has resigned as president?
By the way feel free to reply with whatever words you like, be they carefully chosen or selected at random from your undoubtedly enormous vocabulary.:):p

Has anyone heard if there have been any reports arising from the weekends games?

For F*#K sake Lego come clean with your mail . . . . . why are you trying to bait Jobby What's the go?????

Anyone??????

For F*#K sake Lego come clean with your mail . . . . . why are you trying to bait Jobby What's the go?????

Anyone??????

I'm not trying to bait anyone Doona. I'd heard that there may be a few reports arising from last weekends games,thats all. Also heard that Chris Jones had resigned as President at Avenel CC. If true a big loss for their club I'd suspect as from all reports he does more than his share of work around the place.
In future I'll expect that you come clean with all your mail Doona.;) By the way did you sign Rupert??

I'm not trying to bait anyone Doona. I'd heard that there may be a few reports arising from last weekends games,thats all. Also heard that Chris Jones had resigned as President at Avenel CC. If true a big loss for their club I'd suspect as from all reports he does more than his share of work around the place.
In future I'll expect that you come clean with all your mail Doona.;) By the way did you sign Rupert??

I dont get any SDCA related mail anymore LEGO :( oh & the Rupe thing was just to see how quickly inaccurate info can circualte thru the bush . . . . . pretty quickly ;)

Any scores from today in all grades? In the A grade game between Kilmore and Avenel Avenel where bowled out for 310 M Donavan posting a very nice 84 and Kilmore are 0/1 overnight. Kilmore v Broadford B grade game was washed out on day one but should play a one dayer tomorrow and Kilmore v Alexandra in c grade Alex forfeited to Kilmore

Any scores from today in all grades? In the A grade game between Kilmore and Avenel Avenel where bowled out for 310 M Donavan posting a very nice 84 and Kilmore are 0/1 overnight. Kilmore v Broadford B grade game was washed out on day one but should play a one dayer tomorrow and Kilmore v Alexandra in c grade Alex forfeited to Kilmore

Tallarook v B'ford in the A's - B'ford won the toss and were bundled out for 88, in reply the Rookers are 7/50 I believe. Interesting first hour coming up tomorrow Id suggest.

Just heard that Avenel b grade were bowled out for 121 and Tallarook are 2 for 87 overnight. Anything other score filtering through? would be good to know whos likely to win and have a decent idea of the final four in all grades

Thornton 263 have Eastern Hill 2/40, Thornton still a big chance to play finals.

Thornton 263 have Eastern Hill 2/40, Thornton still a big chance to play finals.

Might struggle if Tallarook get up which there should if the following ladder is correct coming into this round

B Grade
Nagambie 69
Kilmore 52
Avenel 51
Royals 48
Broadford 46
Tallarook 46
Thornton 42
Yea 42
Alexandra 40
E Hill 30
Seymour 15
Puckapunyal 9

Nag 2/243 v Sey 59
Pucka 57 v Yea 131
Royals 79? v Alex ???
Thor 263 v E Hill 2/40
Rook 2/87 v Avenel 121
Kilmore v Broadford washed out day 1

Will be very interesting to see what the wrap up of B grade games is this weekend as i think 3 games all had important results riding on them...i know Kilmore went down in the last over to Broadford at Broadford with Kilmore posting a very poultry 118 on a deck that was a bit up and down early but to Broadford's bowlers they did bowl beautifully early. Kilmore's innings was saved by the capt. L Brennan and regular c grade bat J Boag both making low 30s. In reply Kilmore had Broadie at about 3 for 40 odd at drinks. It went right down to the wire with Robbie Hanson bowling beautifully to pick up 4-11 i think off his 9 overs but Broadford just struggled over the line at 9 for in the 45th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 points, which would put Kilmore, Tallarook, Broadford and if Thornton scored an outright win, all equal on 52 points... I think.

We only managed first unnings points so were stuffed for the finals, but good luck to everyone that are playing finals and hopefully some team in B grade can knock of Nagambie.

So...

are the A-grade finals going to be;

Avenel v Tallarook (at Avenel)

&

Alexandra v Broadford (Alex)

I think this is the way they will shape up as yea had another solid win over eastern hill (pity we couldnt get another win somewhere along the line during the season) and alex outrighted a terrible seymour side.

Avenel should have the rook's measure, with tallarook relying heavily upon sub, wattsy and joey. Avenel have too much depth and should cruise into the final...

The other final should be very interesting. Broadford have been in great touch since xmas, making runs and taking wickets. I think alex are a bit too one-dimensional and have a sub-standard bowling attack. They rely on their bats to win their games (hilly, whitehead, traynor and nicholls). So im tipping broadford in a close one...

Any official word on the B grade final ladder positions? From what I hear Nagambie first Broadford second and then either Tallarook then Kilmore or Kilmore Tallarook rounding out the four?

Interesting season in the 2s for a long way out looked as though Nagas and Royals had the top 2 and then an combination of Kilmore Tallarook yea e hill and Alex rounding out the top 4 but royals stumbled and gave way for Kilmore to claim the second position for them to also fall at the last hurdle and let Broadford in who certainly came home with a wet sail. E hill defiantly lost their way in the second half and finished low on the table. Thornton also just kept winning in the second leg of the season and could have been a surprise packed come finals but it wasn’t to be and finally Tallarook faired well from and outright win that put their season back on track and certainly have the experience and batting power to cause problems

Any official word on the B grade final ladder positions? From what I hear Nagambie first Broadford second and then either Tallarook then Kilmore or Kilmore Tallarook rounding out the four?

Interesting season in the 2s for a long way out looked as though Nagas and Royals had the top 2 and then an combination of Kilmore Tallarook yea e hill and Alex rounding out the top 4 but royals stumbled and gave way for Kilmore to claim the second position for them to also fall at the last hurdle and let Broadford in who certainly came home with a wet sail. E hill defiantly lost their way in the second half and finished low on the table. Thornton also just kept winning in the second leg of the season and could have been a surprise packed come finals but it wasn’t to be and finally Tallarook faired well from and outright win that put their season back on track and certainly have the experience and batting power to cause problems

Dont forget Avenel who were 2nd going into the last round and missed the finals

Dont forget Avenel who were 2nd going into the last round and missed the finals

I think Avenel would have been very disappointed seeing as i was talking to one of their bowlers who was very confident of getting over the line fairly comfortably but they were clearly beaten by the team who wanted it more in Tallarook...i think Kilmore were actually second coming into the last round on 52 pts and Avenel were third on 51 pts...both sides had costly losses by the looks of it

You seem a little touchy about this Jobby, any particular reason? How was the function Saturday night? The weather was a bit cool at Tallarook but i heard it was pretty warm up Avenel way.:D;)

Sorry to hear the little big (birdie) got in strife for telling us how good the Rook's function was on Sunday night whilst he was sorting out his Broadford FC membership stuff yesterday :( Doesn't change things in my mind one bit I still love the joint, you have the best beer and set-up in the comp and sounds like this cash draw night will be a cracker :thumbsu:

Exciting finish to the regular season for A and B grades with the run to the finals very close. Should be a good finals series and will be interesting to see if anyone can knock off the big guns in Avenel and Nagambie.
B Grade was particularly close with I believe Avenel, Thornton and Royals all within 1 game of 2nd spot. Royals and Avenel would be dissapointed not to make it after being in there for majority of season and I think Thornton did a good job to finish well after some poor performances early in the season and would be happy with their 1st season. Just a quick one on B Grade if Nagambie go on to win the flag this year surely their must be a push for them to go up. It seems looking at the scores that they haven't really been chalenged at all this season and thats not good for B Grade, with the side they have at the moment would they be competitive in A Grade ?? What does every body else think ??

[
Alexandra v Broadford (Alex)

I think this is the way they will shape up as yea had another solid win over eastern hill (pity we couldnt get another win somewhere along the line during the season) and alex outrighted a terrible seymour side.

The other final should be very interesting. Broadford have been in great touch since xmas, making runs and taking wickets. I think alex are a bit too one-dimensional and have a sub-standard bowling attack. They rely on their bats to win their games (hilly, whitehead, traynor and nicholls). So im tipping broadford in a close one...[/quote]

I think you are a little misguided on the assessment of the Alex attack. The Yea game and many others this year our bowling attack has been depleted. I think you will find a full strength attack which includes a good mix of pace, swing, seam, off and leg spin will be a handful. This is the first time all year we have had a full list to choose from. I am confident the boys will perform well.

[quote=LordMayorJohnSo; NAGAMBIE:
mate it just goes to show you the diffrence between A-Grade & B-Grade, Nagambie arnt that good remember 3 years ago they lost severel games outright and could only beat an undermaned Royals when they went up to A-Grade, half there players are old blokes who havnt got much Cricket left in them no offence Guys, so what they go up 1 year and finish mid Ladder then Crack the Shits Again and drop back down because there young blokes dont like getting Floged every 2nd Week Nah .
I know what you Mean though they are to good for B-Grade but what do ya do ....??

I think you are a little misguided on the assessment of the Alex attack. The Yea game and many others this year our bowling attack has been depleted. I think you will find a full strength attack which includes a good mix of pace, swing, seam, off and leg spin will be a handful. This is the first time all year we have had a full list to choose from. I am confident the boys will perform well.[/quote]
:thumbsdown:
Sorry Mate id have to disagree with you, ive play agaisnt Alexandra 3
times this year got to Say wasnt real imprested with the Bowling was more worried about the batting when theres Hillly, Corey Jack who is very underated i think when he comes in at 6 or 7, Whitehead & Nicolls, Good Luck this Week against a very inform Broadford who i think might be a bit to Strong for you they are a great All-Round team Cheers

Just Herd a Rumour, that there was a bloke Spinning the Ball a long way in Kilmore Sunday Troubling alot of Batsman :eek: could be a big Help for the Avenel Boys coming into the finals look out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back