Resource SFA Season 36 Fixture, Ladder and Statistics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mount Buller Demons v West Coast Wonders @ Snow Dome
Gumbies FFC v Ophidian Old Boys @ House of Gumby [MOTR]
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

You're not familiar with the MASSIVE RIVALRY of the, er, Gumbies, and the, er, Ophidians?
Huge rivalry, really contested on the ladder - set to be an absolute blockbuster of the two most misbehaved clubs this past decade…

Can't believe I'm having to explain this, but here we are.

As it has been explained to me, match of the round is given to the contest between two teams with close win-loss records ideally closer to the top of the ladder. I reiterate it's match of the round and NOT rivalry of the round. If it was based on rivalry, then of course as the only Foundation clash in this league, the only choice would be Demons v Wonders.

Is a Carlton v Collingwood/South Fremantle vs East Fremantle/Eastern Suburbs v South Sydney automatically the match of the round just by basis of a rivalry? No, of course not.

To the choice of Gumbies versus Old Boys- both teams are 2-1 and if there were no penalty points, it would be 5th vs 6th. Hence it is match of the round.

Mount Buller Demons versus West Coast Wonders is the rivalry of the round.

As it has been explained to me, match of the round is given to the contest between two teams with close win-loss records ideally closer to the top of the ladder. I reiterate it's match of the round and NOT rivalry of the round. If it was, then of course as the only Foundation clash in this league, the only choice would be Demons v Wonders.

Is a Carlton v Collingwood/South Fremantle vs East Fremantle/Eastern Suburbs v South Sydney automatically the match of the round just by basis of a rivalry? No, of course not.

To the choice of Gumbies versus Old Boys- both teams are 2-1 and if there were no penalty points, it would be 5th vs 6th. Hence it is match of the round.

You’re so ****ing lame that you have a formula to determine a MOTR hahahaha

As it has been explained to me, match of the round is given to the contest between two teams with close win-loss records ideally closer to the top of the ladder. I reiterate it's match of the round and NOT rivalry of the round. If it was based on rivalry, then of course as the only Foundation clash in this league, the only choice would be Demons v Wonders.

Sorry Falc, I can’t agree with this.

Nobody outside of the Wonders and Demons gives a shit about the Foundation Cup.

You’re so ******* lame that you have a formula to determine a MOTR hahahaha
It doesn't take a formula to see that two 2-1 teams is a more appropriate MOTR than a 1-2, 0-2 or 0-3 team

Some people will find fault with anything that you do, just keep doing what you do Falconista, the vast majority of us appreciate your efforts. They help to make the league better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you please add ROTR next to Demons vs Wonders?

Sorry Falc, I can’t agree with this.

Nobody outside of the Wonders and Demons gives a s**t about the Foundation Cup.
Wrong!
Some inside don’t give a shit either.

You're not familiar with the MASSIVE RIVALRY of the, er, Gumbies, and the, er, Ophidians?
I'm familiar with the rivalry between your face and your butt....

Wrong!
Some inside don’t give a s**t either.
It's Schrodinger's Cup currently
If we win it it was always massively important, season defining, a spectacle like no other.
If we lose it was always a sad attempt by the Wonders for relevance in a dying league too focused on the past to thrive in a modern world.

It's Schrodinger's Cup currently
If we win it it was always massively important, season defining, a spectacle like no other.
If we lose it was always a sad attempt by the Wonders for relevance in a dying league too focused on the past to thrive in a modern world.
I can’t believe how quickly you got this place 🤙🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource SFA Season 36 Fixture, Ladder and Statistics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back