SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of attracting and securing ex-AFL players to the SFL, however there may be the legacy of what happened at Robinvale. Young fellas should get excited by playing against guys like Motlop, Lovett, Eaton, Alvey, etc. The cash is the concern of the club and it's president, I'm sure he won't want to walk away in a few years time with the club on the financial brink of extinction. All teams go through it, Merbein in the early 2000's, Robinvale, South do a lesser degree. If it's managed and advertised in the right manner, it could also be a boom for opposition clubs. Hit the media outlets (radio, papers, tv) and advertise to the masses that their clubs are playing against these guys. They might get a few more through the gates. Can't speak for Faulkhead, etc. about how they fell, I woulda thought they could have left prior to the recent signing if they weren't happy....

Hey Schnail some of the figures being touted by some of the bloggers suggest the tigers maybe getting close to the cap. Always gunna happen with the cowards computer providing sanctuary, but What is concerning is the apathy of the league, its an important issue and all clubs, supporters and sponsors need to know if the Tigers are complying or if they are not. If the points are no longer relevant and no scrutiny is attracted then the VCFL need to act and deregulate all clubs that fall under the banner of VCFL. let me be clear, I. Am not saying red cliffs have breached any rule whatsoever but lack of comment on oversight by the league and the VCFL creates a vacuum of suspicision which needs to be addressed.

He played in the North Central league after Robinvale, 2nd year with RC.

Would have come to Rc from north Central a major league. He would of been a 4 pointer then, I reckon he is now a three pointer.
according to the Sunny daily Rc points with Murray are 21 does that mean that when the two Motlops played they were over their points allocation at 25???
Who did they play that day??

Would have come to Rc from north Central a major league. He would of been a 4 pointer then, I reckon he is now a three pointer.
according to the Sunny daily Rc points with Murray are 21 does that mean that when the two Motlops played they were over their points allocation at 25???
Who did they play that day??

Don't think it matters Hilly, the league wont enforce it anyway, leaves the door ajar for other clubs to recruit from opposition clubs and put whatever point they want, bring in permit players to "promote SFL footy" and all the while breaking the rules. The league wont do anything, too hard basket.

Here's an idea.
Not enough points to pick up that uncontracted player you need.
A local club has one and he's prepared to come to you for a considerable fee. Simple send him out to the Millewa for a couple of games and then get him as a player from a minor league for one point.
It would work.
All hypothetical of course.

There will always be a smarter guy/group in the room that can circumvent a system or process. RC have simply put themselves in a position where they will be super competitive at the end of the year. It's true the league won't step in and smack a club that has used the media to perfection this year for something like overstepping the points allocation. They are the good news story this year, much like Imps last year. If they have the cash, they'll get the players. It doesn't grow on vines and it will run out. Mildura proved that even the best players won't beat a committed team, now that was a good news story.

There will always be a smarter guy/group in the room that can circumvent a system or process. RC have simply put themselves in a position where they will be super competitive at the end of the year. It's true the league won't step in and smack a club that has used the media to perfection this year for something like overstepping the points allocation. They are the good news story this year, much like Imps last year. If they have the cash, they'll get the players. It doesn't grow on vines and it will run out. Mildura proved that even the best players won't beat a committed team, now that was a good news story.
Love ya work schnail, Must have really hurt the purse when the tigers got rolled by the cash strapped demons. Good for sunraysia footy

Checked out Imps v Irymple today in the freezing cold, great game from Imps, the Swallows have some work to do. The only one that coulda held his head high was Hodson from Irymple, some soul searching required from the rest. Gonna be hard to stop Imps once Sicker, Rhodes & O'Doherty return. Good to see Irymple players in the Imps clubrooms after the game for a beer or cool drink......hang on...not one in there. Poor form....

Boys it has been so long!!!!! I will only clarify 1 point John Jackson is three points in 2014. Although he played for ouyen in 2012. He is classified as an intra club recruit as his last sfl registed club was r vale.
The sfl should have adopted game down counting....as most other leagues do. They have not!!! Now the issues will follow.
The point of the system was to stop intra club recruiting Red cliffs have 4 of those. Then it was to stop clubs buying a flag..... If the points are over which I'm 100% certain they are. The sfl will have some massive issues to address 1.) how did they allow red cliffs the additional clearances in???? There fundamental roll is to govern the rules & 2.) What's going to happen with the games that have been decided whilst there points are over????? Good luck to sfl a massive can of worms is about to be opened!!!!!!

Boys it has been so long!!!!! I will only clarify 1 point John Jackson is three points in 2014. Although he played for ouyen in 2012. He is classified as an intra club recruit as his last sfl registed club was r vale.
The sfl should have adopted game down counting....as most other leagues do. They have not!!! Now the issues will follow.
The point of the system was to stop intra club recruiting Red cliffs have 4 of those. Then it was to stop clubs buying a flag..... If the points are over which I'm 100% certain they are. The sfl will have some massive issues to address 1.) how did they allow red cliffs the additional clearances in???? There fundamental roll is to govern the rules & 2.) What's going to happen with the games that have been decided whilst there points are over????? Good luck to sfl a massive can of worms is about to be opened!!!!!!

Hey Delray, If you are on the money. (Pardon the pun). This is massive issue for the SFL and by default the VCFL If they don't interrogate the books regardless of where the cards fall, then they are failing the governance required of a ruling body. If the tigers have done no wrong then that needs to be in the public arena to ensure the books are clean. Perception is everything until the facts trump. The league must take an active role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its gonna be a sh#t sandwich without the bread for the SFNL to work through and get a result that calms the masses. Even with the star recruits they lost to Mildura, so they are not unbeatable.... I just dunno how much traction this issue is going to get in the long run.

Hells Bells..... Mildura knock off Irymple and South get rolled at home by Wentworth. The ladder just took a shake up with Red Cliffs going to second, and the Swallows are being hunted by the significantly improved Demons and a hungry Bulldogs outfit.
Who woulda thought, after all the negativity in the press this week that we get results like that. The other two games weren't pushovers either...

I come from Nigeria and I am selling 4 points every Saturday. All you need to do is send me your account details and your PIN number. Red Cliffs can't apply, you have already filled your quota.

Here's an idea.
Not enough points to pick up that uncontracted player you need.
A local club has one and he's prepared to come to you for a considerable fee. Simple send him out to the Millewa for a couple of games and then get him as a player from a minor league for one point.
It would work.
All hypothetical of course.
Good thinking Hillite but the rules don't allow for that.

I would suggest thats pretty big news!!!! The issues that will now follow are when all the other clubs request a points count for there own games! With the major problem being that because the sfl has not adopted game day counting every game red cliffs entire list is over 22 points the same outcome will follow.

I'd be almost positive that game day counting will be the outcome of this.

D & M motlop will come off the sunny d article = 18 points

However Lovett 4 Fejo 2 Mott 3 will be added - See the problems brewing!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest thats pretty big news!!!! The issues that will now follow are when all the other clubs request a points count for there own games! With the major problem being that because the sfl has not adopted game day counting every game red cliffs entire list is over 22 points the same outcome will follow.

I'd be almost positive that game day counting will be the outcome of this.

D & M motlop will come off the sunny d article = 18 points

However Lovett 4 Fejo 2 Mott 3 will be added - See the problems brewing!!!!!!!!!

I reckon the league would have already looked at all their games since then. It would be odd to strip red cliffs of their points in episodes. But you never know.
I reckon a few clubs will be going over the team sheets with a calculator.

Each club has to call there own sfl investigation if they want there games reviewed....the sfl will hand down there rulings on an individual club basis. As mentioned before the s hit fight is just starting........watch this space!!!!

I reckon the league would have already looked at all their games since then. It would be odd to strip red cliffs of their points in episodes. But you never know.
I reckon a few clubs will be going over the team sheets with a calculator.

Team sheets are not the issue.... Sfl don't game day count... Once a club is over 22 points period Issues arise....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back