SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

So Gough just fell short finishing with 98 goals... That's a fair effort and probably deserved the 100 for the year he has had.

And then there were 5...

Obviously Black Rock resting players the last 2 weeks, had about 8 or so against us today... Mount Waverley again proved they are the team to beat...

Not too sure they have rested the last 2 weeks, knowing they were still a chance for 3rd when playing against Lyndale. Injury's maybe?

Very interested to know peoples thoughts on Endeavour Hills. Their thirds winning 14 games so far and have some guy Lee Grand who apparently would play ones in any div 3 side, while their reserves have won once and their seniors won three or four. We smashed them by 16 goals, reserves by 12 goals and they smashed our thirds by about 20 goals. Also, word is Hallam vs CPL was only 20 minutes with no time on for four quarters. 26 goals from 38 scoring shots in a rumoured 80 minutes is quite amazing......

Very interested to know peoples thoughts on Endeavour Hills. Their thirds winning 14 games so far and have some guy Lee Grand who apparently would play ones in any div 3 side, while their reserves have won once and their seniors won three or four. We smashed them by 16 goals, reserves by 12 goals and they smashed our thirds by about 20 goals. Also, word is Hallam vs CPL was only 20 minutes with no time on for four quarters. 26 goals from 38 scoring shots in a rumoured 80 minutes is quite amazing......

I coach the Mount Waverley 3's and play in Mount Waverley 1's, I can quite confidently say that E Hills 3's would give both there 1's and 2's a touch up. I could have picked out 6-7 blokes from E Hills 3's who would slot into our 1's without any trouble. Dissapointing for E Hills that those blokes won't play Senior footy.

If I was Sandown I would be quite upset about that news about CPL Friday night, 4x 20 min quarters and and extra day off coming into the QFinal this week. That's a stuff up by the SFL in my opinion, not fair at all.

Last edited:
If I was Sandown I would be quite upset about that news about CPL Friday night, 4x 20 min quarters and and extra day off coming into the QFinal this week. That's a stuff up by the SFL in my opinion, not fair at all.

It is what it is mate, we are stoked we have hit a bit of form and for the first time this year have a full list available!
We didn't sustain any injuries at all yesterday and if we don't get over the line next week, I'm sure we are not going to be complaining because they had 18hrs more rest then us.
CPL gave us a touch up in the first game at their ground and we managed to bridge that gap and got a hell of alot closer the second time round... Hopefully we can continue that trend...

On another note, anyone know if Black Rock have genuine injuries or have decided to rest blokes???

Last edited:
Went down to watch black rock Sandown yesterday, saw Durie, Williams and spratt all standing on the bench so obviously being rested.

Three Sandown players sent off yesterday, problems with discipline at Edinburgh reserve?

Went down to watch black rock Sandown yesterday, saw Durie, Williams and spratt all standing on the bench so obviously being rested.

Three Sandown players sent off yesterday, problems with discipline at Edinburgh reserve?
Nope, umpires were fantastic yesterday in taking control of the game and sending the boys off too calm down a little. Cal (head umpire) came to me at 3 gtr time and explained why they were sent off and his reasoning's. He told me they were very light and to take control of the situation he sent them off. We gathered at 3 qtr time and kicked another 7 in the final term.

We (like all clubs) are very proud of our team and our team mates. Their was nothing other then a little pushing and shoving and some banter...

Why does them standing on the bench mean they are obviously being rested? Haha you can have a torn hamstring and stand on the bench.

Why are people still acting like Black Rock were gonna be any type of threat come finals? I think i made the call that they were the worst side in the top 5 at the time they were sitting 3rd. Im happy to stand incorrect in time, but until that happens....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people still acting like Black Rock were gonna be any type of threat come finals? I think i made the call that they were the worst side in the top 5 at the time they were sitting 3rd. Im happy to stand incorrect in time, but until that happens....
Just ask Mount Waverley or CPL if they think BR are the worst side in the top 5. Pushed both of those teams till the very end. Dont' know what games your watching pal, last month or so injuries and players on holidays have hampered the side. Having to call on reserves players to step up and good on them for doing so. So they got flogged by Sandown and Lyndale, not a massive issue as we know as a club we had far from our best side in the last few games.

Another season come and gone and another finals season upon us. It still feels like CPL was only formed a couple weeks ago and its wierd to know that we will be going into our 2nd final series this week, how time flies.

Tips for this week

Seniors
Carrum vs Sandown - Carrum by 25pts
Lyndale vs Black Rock - Lyndale by 34pts

Reserves
Carrum vs Hallam - Carrum by 14pts
Dandenong vs South Yarra - Dandenong by 18pts

Just ask Mount Waverley or CPL if they think BR are the worst side in the top 5. Pushed both of those teams till the very end. Dont' know what games your watching pal, last month or so injuries and players on holidays have hampered the side. Having to call on reserves players to step up and good on them for doing so. So they got flogged by Sandown and Lyndale, not a massive issue as we know as a club we had far from our best side in the last few games.
Well how many of those players are due to come back in... And even then, are they gonna be fully match fit and gelling well with the rest of the side???

Well how many of those players are due to come back in... And even then, are they gonna be fully match fit and gelling well with the rest of the side???

Even if they do get most of these blokes back, they won't be match fit. No chance. Factor in a bigger ground and finals footy at a higher intencity and speed, I'm tipping Lyndale by 10+ goals.

Out of all the guys who have been away rested injured etc only Williams would be the only one who has missed the majority. But he should be fine. One of the Dewar brothers will also be tested with fitness. The rest of the blokes will be in good nick. There are at least 5 to come back in off the top my head maybe another 2 more.

Obviously the committee and coaches approved the situation it's there chance for a very minor glory for the club,otherwise the coaches obviously have no clout at the club as a beleaguered club would need all hands on deck it's not like they are a successful club and you would think getting there Seniors/reserves would and should be a major priority,anyone from EH care to comment on the situation.

Headed down to mount waverley on Saturday to see how that game panned out and to see if lyndale are the real deal..for a quarter I could say yes but for the remaining 3 I'd say their discipline and their focus waned and they put to much emphasis on the man and not the ball which was disappointing to see as they showed early that they have the ability to compete with mount and obviously cpl.. it's just a question as to whether they can remain focussed for all 4 quarters.. meanwhile mount looked vulnerable and flat early and I couldn't see them getting back in it at all but to their credit they did on the back of gough,wilkin and stacey again proving their class.
Cpl the pick for me for the flag and should easily account for sandown this week

Headed down to mount waverley on Saturday to see how that game panned out and to see if lyndale are the real deal..for a quarter I could say yes but for the remaining 3 I'd say their discipline and their focus waned and they put to much emphasis on the man and not the ball which was disappointing to see as they showed early that they have the ability to compete with mount and obviously cpl.. it's just a question as to whether they can remain focussed for all 4 quarters.. meanwhile mount looked vulnerable and flat early and I couldn't see them getting back in it at all but to their credit they did on the back of gough,wilkin and stacey again proving their class.
Cpl the pick for me for the flag and should easily account for sandown this week

Spot on Parsnip however I think the main two that got us up in that 2nd quarter were Taylor and Mathers. #14 for us is my roughy for the league B&F, can play the boy.

Mathers can't put his head over the ball. Love a cheap kick across half back and rarely man's up. Don't even know of he'll get a look in come finals.

Had a look at the teams in the finals, and the amount of players they had that had played every game this year,

Mt Waverley: B.Stacey, C.Jefferies, J.Gough, J.Wilkin, J.Rickard, L.Morrey, R.Mathers, S.Taunt, S.Rickard - 9
CPL: D.Graves - 1
Sandown: B.Reiner, J.Chapman, J.Hewitt, J.Toan, M.Davis, N.Morrish, S.Jackman - 7
Lyndale: D.Tormey, J.Malek, T.Isbister - 3
Black Rock: A.Shulman - 1

Noticed a massive difference, between the likes of Mt Waverley and Sandown, compared to CPL, Black Rock and Lyndale. Black Rock and CPL had only 1 player that had been involved in every game this year, Lyndale weren't much better with 3. This shows how much they have chopped and changed there team this year. In my experiences it is a team such as Mt Waverley and Sandown that have had many players playing together consistently throughout the whole season which perform the best come finals time.

Had a look at the teams in the finals, and the amount of players they had that had played every game this year,

Mt Waverley: B.Stacey, C.Jefferies, J.Gough, J.Wilkin, J.Rickard, L.Morrey, R.Mathers, S.Taunt, S.Rickard - 9
CPL: D.Graves - 1
Sandown: B.Reiner, J.Chapman, J.Hewitt, J.Toan, M.Davis, N.Morrish, S.Jackman - 7
Lyndale: D.Tormey, J.Malek, T.Isbister - 3
Black Rock: A.Shulman - 1

Noticed a massive difference, between the likes of Mt Waverley and Sandown, compared to CPL, Black Rock and Lyndale. Black Rock and CPL had only 1 player that had been involved in every game this year, Lyndale weren't much better with 3. This shows how much they have chopped and changed there team this year. In my experiences it is a team such as Mt Waverley and Sandown that have had many players playing together consistently throughout the whole season which perform the best come finals time.

Seems as though there are Teams- Mt Waverley, Sandown and to a lesser extent Black Rock.

And then you've got your teams of individuals on a paycheck at CPL and Lyndale, when they play it just seems like they are all out for themselves.

You would hope a team that would stay together into division 2 will take out the flag, I've heard a few rumors that some quality players at both CPL & Lyndale have already made plans for next year. At other clubs and other Leagues.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back