Portfolio SFL- It's Back!

Remove this Banner Ad

banner.png
It's back!

FJGD's favourite league is back! (Minus the hand drawns, sorry guys. Well, maybe a stadium or two if you're lucky.)

Just to fill in the gaps for the newbies-
-This is my original dice football league. Obviously I've changed some things to make it more appealing.
-The 2014 Grand Final was won by the West City Tigers. It was played at Spensar's (The fictional country in which this league is based.) Largest stadium, Swan Stadium in Stanly.
- Some more history of the league
-Original thread is here

(Underlined is capital of each state)
[SPOILER/]

Enjoy! First team up soon.

I am looking forward to this,you should start from the ones that were not done on the handrawn thread

Just like in the original thread, Ridale will be first up.
ridaleallin1.png
Ridale, nicknamed the Kangaroos after the bounding creatures that bound around the River Vale, the same river that separates Ridale from Northvale.

Ridale were essentially saved by private ownership. Real estate entrepreneur R.J Smith bought the struggling club and made it successful and profitable once more, after the club went through an immense dark age. The Roos played finals only once in the 2000s, and up until there 2011 premiership win, they had only won 2 SSFL/ SFL Grand Finals. The gold in there colour scheme comes from the logo of RJ's business, RJ Homes.

The home jumper acknowledges the clubs original candy striped jumper ( Which is worn as a "Heritage" kit in the SFL's Retro round) and the "V for victory."

After RJ's purchasing of the club, a "Futuristic Friday Night" Game was added in to gather larger attendances.It was a success, and Is now the team's third kit. The Roos will move back to Ridale in 2016, as the club played it's home matches across the River in Northvale for the last 15 seasons.

Is the map around the wrong way?

West is East.
You have a good eye.;)

Yes, I know West from East. I've just always had it that way though, so I can't be bothered changing it.

The story goes though that when Pajerian explorers first discovered Spensar, one of the Governors at the time, (Governor Roberts, one of the 12 founding fathers of Spensar.) had aspergers syndrome and struggled to control compasses and had a poor sense of direction. He arrived on the West coast ( So where Castleton is.) and despite desperate intervention from his crew-mates with better sense of West and East, Roberts insisted the area be called the province of Eastern. And so the names stuck.

Any more C&C before I move on??

I think maybe the kits are all too similar- the alternates wouldn't prevent a clash.

Also with the watermark you should also make it greyscale by just taking outlines and making an all white version. Then use that to make the watermarks. (Use my Ochre wing watermark as an example)

I think maybe the kits are all too similar- the alternates wouldn't prevent a clash.

Also with the watermark you should also make it greyscale by just taking outlines and making an all white version. Then use that to make the watermarks. (Use my Ochre wing watermark as an example)
Friday alternate is worn at home- so no real issue. The home kit is predominately white and could be worn with white shorts, so it shouldn't be too bad.

You appear to have the logos above the shadow layer, so it looks like they're just floating on top. Drop them beneath.
Noticed that. Will fix.

You have a good eye.;)

Yes, I know West from East. I've just always had it that way though, so I can't be bothered changing it.

The story goes though that when Pajerian explorers first discovered Spensar, one of the Governors at the time, (Governor Roberts, one of the 12 founding fathers of Spensar.) had aspergers syndrome and struggled to control compasses and had a poor sense of direction. He arrived on the West coast ( So where Castleton is.) and despite desperate intervention from his crew-mates with better sense of West and East, Roberts insisted the area be called the province of Eastern. And so the names stuck.

Seems fair, did the Governor's also wear onion belts?

I don't like the first two sets being so close in colour, either have one light and one dark or just go with adding black to the second.
The third i'd take the vee thing off the shorts as you wouldn't be able to get it this smooth IRL. Also why wouldn't the club use their third set in the colours of their owner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems fair, did the Governor's also wear onion belts?

I don't like the first two sets being so close in colour, either have one light and one dark or just go with adding black to the second.
The third i'd take the vee thing off the shorts as you wouldn't be able to get it this smooth IRL. Also why wouldn't the club use their third set in the colours of their owner?
Good point. Might add that.

Will be good to see more just a few things that need a touch up.
View attachment 191602
The collar bib part doesn't look right, nor do the sleeves.
Clipping mask issue for the design??
And there isn't any shorts??
It's not a clipping mask issue, that's just the side panels. And there's no shorts because its meant to be a full body suit.

Hereeee's Stanly. (One of the teams I did before adjusting some things)

Stanly (Nicknamed the Sea Eagles,) are the SFL's most successful club, winning 7 SSFL/SFL premierships, including a 4 peat from 2007-10.
stanly all in 1.png
Stanly are the Collingwood of the SFL. You either love them or hate them.They have the league's largest fanbase and play at the 100,000 seat Swan Stadium. Recently the team has been struck down with a bad case of the choke- They've finished in the top two in the last three years and have bowed out in the Preliminary Final stage each time.

The home Jumper is inspired by the team's original design, a twist on the team's traditional gold sash and Eagle head. The third kit is worn in Retro round and acknowledges the Club's Hall Of Fame. Clash is a simple inverse of the home.

Major sponsor of the team is Stanly big bank, City Bank.

Is the logo on the guernsey the official logo or the alternate?
It's the team's Hall Of Fame logo. So yes, It's an alternate.

Moving on, to West Park.
allin1.png
West Park, nicknamed the Bloods, are the SFL's working clash side. Nicknamed " Men of the Mountain range" After the West Park Ranges, the Bloods have a significant history.

West Park began existence in the amateur NFL competition, and were known as the Bloods, and wore Red with a blue sash.The club entered the SFL in its inauguration in 1979, combined with nearby city Westingham, and were known as the West Park/Westingham Jets. They adopted the colours of the Jets and played home games at the West Park Oval.

In 2011, after a major reshuffle of the SFL, (Teams were cut down to 9, a tiered competition was added. see history for more.) the Bloods returned, splitting from the Westingham Football Club, to become known as just the West Park Football Club for the first time in 32 years. The Bloods have been semi successful since returning in there original form, coming runner up in 2013 and Prelim. Finalist in 2012 and 2014.

Home Jumper depicts a stylised version of the team's traditional sash, into three "gash" marks. Clash is a simple inverse. West Park play in an annual indigenous appreciation game in Multicultural Round against the West City Tigers. There one off design is worn on that occasion annually. (BTW- The artwork is from my NAFL entry.) West Park are sponsored by a franchise of the National Antley Bank ( A traditional backer,) AIF, an Insurance company.

Feedback is appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio SFL- It's Back!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back