Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Player managers always approach other clubs to see what offers are around. That isn't new. It's that, supposedly, Freo were willing to go fairly hard that turned this one up.

But I thought it was dead a few weeks ago.

Next thing the rumours are back on. At this time of year there are so many rumours about the better players that are basically crap. I suspect that this time it is just that Shai to Freo makes so much sense that journos and people repeat the rumour, not that he is going.

Unless of course Freo is willing to pay overs. Then it might be back on. Don't hear any Freo supporters saying that they have heard that, which makes me doubt it.
Wouldn't need to hear it from us, we know Freo have no problem paying whatever to get things done. The definition of overs would be very different between supporters though. Case and point, from what I can tell, both sides being disgusted at Twomeys proposal from Gettable this week

Twomey on gettable

"Shai Bolton, Freo are still chasing him, he wants to get back to Western Australia, He will pursue this"

Player managers always approach other clubs to see what offers are around. That isn't new. It's that, supposedly, Freo were willing to go fairly hard that turned this one up.

But I thought it was dead a few weeks ago.

Next thing the rumours are back on. At this time of year there are so many rumours about the better players that are basically crap. I suspect that this time it is just that Shai to Freo makes so much sense that journos and people repeat the rumour, not that he is going.

Unless of course Freo is willing to pay overs. Then it might be back on. Don't hear any Freo supporters saying that they have heard that, which makes me doubt it.
I think this is the case. No matter if it's on or not, it just makes too much sense for Journo's to drop it. They will go to the well with this potential story for the next three months till the trade period is done regardless if it is true. This isn't just the lazy linking of player to their home state, both parties have exactly what the other party needs.

This is one whereby I dont know who to believe :(
If he wants to go then you should let him, you're gonna get paid a shitonne for it.

Gotta be brave enough to gut your list though.

You could realistically have like 5 inside 20 in this draft if Bolton and Rioli go.

If you back your recruiting team in, it could be the makings of another dynasty

If he wants to go then you should let him, you're gonna get paid a shitonne for it.

You could realistically have like 5 inside 20 in this draft if Bolton and Rioli go.

Oh I agree mate, if he wants out, then you let him for sure.

I just keep hearing there is no chance he is leaving, but then I have heard of late and now this, that he wants out.

Oh I agree mate, if he wants out, then you let him for sure.

I just keep hearing there is no chance he is leaving, but then I have heard of late and now this, that he wants out.
Maybe I'm gullible but I'll trust Twomey more than most and he was as adamant as you'll see him. Seems like the ball is genuinely in Richmonds court.

Last edited:
If I'm Richmond this is the year to hit the draft hard, it's so even in the first round.

You can trade Bolton for picks 7 and 12 currently from Freo.

Trade Rioli for picks 11 and 20 to the Suns

End up with 6 picks in the top 21, that will kick start the rebuild beautifully before Tasmania come in.

If I'm Richmond this is the year to hit the draft hard, it's so even in the first round.

End up with 6 picks in the top 21, that will kick start the rebuild beautifully before Tasmania come in.
Yeah it could genuinely be the draft haul of a life time

How is the leadership of TT and Hopper? Can they guide through the next generation?

Thank god the Eagles poached the potato running our recruitment into the ground and we might actually pick decent players with the picks 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so freo is been linked with bolton and warner. just have a feeling they use the treasure cove of picks on a ready made player than hitting draft consiering they are in contending mode.
If Freo succeed in bringing in Bolton and Baker, I'd just about have them as premiership favourites given the amount of talented players they have entering their prime.

Maybe I'm gullible but I'll trust Twomey more than most and he was as adamant as you'll see him. Seems like the ball is genuinely in Rochmonds court.

Its alot of smoke isnt it, too much to ignore.

I would keep Rioli, but in essence I agree with you. Could fast track the rebuild by years.

IF Bolton leaves, could Baker be convinced to stay with some of the Bolton salary to provide that leadership and experience?

Doesnt sound likely, is the most committed to leaving at this stage.

If Freo succeed in bringing in Bolton and Baker, I'd just about have them as premiership favourites given the amount of talented players they have entering their prime.
I honestly don't know what the plan is if we get both. I don't know where they plan on playing Baker. Not that he's not best 22 but the upgrade he gives becomes even smaller if Bolton is pushing out Banfield from the best 22

I was just talking to captain blood 17 about Freo.

I cant remember a team positioning themselves this well in a very long time. They have played their situation beautifully.

I honestly don't know what the plan is if we get both. I don't know where they plan on playing Baker. Not that he's not best 22 but the upgrade he gives becomes even smaller if Bolton is pushing out Banfield from the best 22
Potentially not too dissimilar to Caddy joining Prestia with us, makes it an easier sell that's for sure.

Maybe they intended to put Baker in the backline all along given Wagner is now best 22 and Aish on the outer
I believe its his best position. The way he plays makes him the best disruptor in the game IMO.

Last edited:
Freo fans would you be happy giving up picks 7 and 12 for Bolton?

It's a big price. I would prefer ~12 & ~15 tbh. If we did the above trade i'd want their 2nd rounder coming back

This season's form worries me. I know he's in a tough squad at the moment and maybe he's got one foot out the door but it's just a little concerning... Don't get me wrong though, i'd love him

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back