Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

You are getting confused with what he is valued in bottom of the ladder team. Not many players make AA in 18th team. His peak top 5 and he has shown that. Only 25 years old too.

Do you mean at Richmond?

Or do you mean in his position? Small forward - I think he would be about the 3-5th best in the league. Which is still great.

If you say so. I wasn't the one comparing them. I don't think we will trade Bolton for something acceptable to Freo fans. It's not like he's going to sook it up for 4 years if we hold him 😂😂

If he is serious about leaving for personal reasons then it will be hard to keep him all four years. You won't get better picks than this year from us. Wce should be better next season as well. Interesting call either way.

If he is serious about leaving for personal reasons then it will be hard to keep him all four years. You won't get better picks than this year from us. Wce should be better next season as well. Interesting call either way.
I'm sure we would let him go for the first 2 but this 1 first and a 2nd stuff is fanciful.

The "personal reasons" came 2 months after talks of Freo hitting him up. He can afford an au pair, Gillon has the contacts. 😁

I'm sure we would let him go for the first 2 but this 1 first and a 2nd stuff is fanciful.

The "personal reasons" came 2 months after talks of Freo hitting him up. He can afford an au pair, Gillon has the contacts. 😁

The reporting is that he initiated, not that we hit him up.

Either way - it looks like it will be something with two first which is a massive price. I would want to keep the middle one, and would still feel that it is a huge price and that we have overpaid.

I think those saying the top two or nothing and the top two and two seconds are fanciful.

A 1st a 2nd and will Brodie should do the trick

Christ on a bike.
I tried to very generous and only do very obvious ones that I think you'd have to be very one-eyed to disagree with
Heeney
Warner
Gulden
Neale
Andrews
Serong (few more I'd include from Freo but trying to be unbias)
Cripps
Weitering
Curnow
McKay
Bont
Libba
Greene
Kelly
Taylor
Cameron
Stewart
Butters
Rozee
Day
Sicily
Merrett
Daicos
Trac
Gawn
May
Sheezel
LDU

I think those names are pretty clear cut and you can debate a whole bunch of others. Somewhere between 30 and 50 IMO.

If I'm Freo I'm absolutely prepared to pay what Richmond want (so as long as it isn't something stupid like 3 first rounders + a good player). Looking at their list their biggest weaknesses are a lack of strikepower in their mozzie fleet and perhaps a bit of X-factor in the midfield. Bolton fixes both with a click of the fingers. With him on the list it'd be a genuine failure if they didn't win a flag...maybe even multiple flags. They have everything else all under control.

If I'm Freo I'm absolutely prepared to pay what Richmond want (so as long as it isn't something stupid like 3 first rounders + a good player). Looking at their list their biggest weaknesses are a lack of strikepower in their mozzie fleet and perhaps a bit of X-factor in the midfield. Bolton fixes both with a click of the fingers. With him on the list it'd be a genuine failure if they didn't win a flag...maybe even multiple flags. They have everything else all under control.

I agree - except you should have said something stupid like 2 first rounders without Richmond paying a chunk of his salary.

Anything more than two first rounders would be madness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK. Fox are reporting from 24 hours ago that your info is most likely misinformed.

Here

Fox Footy from Fox Sports
August 2nd, 2024 9:10 am
A Richmond star appears set to request a trade back to Western Australia.
Yes but a month ago it was Freo tapping him up. I'm saying the personal reasons and Freo don't really want him from Ryan Daniels is very funny 😆

There's no link but yes I've read most of the articles including the ones from a month ago.
Oh sorry, I thought it was a cut link.

Here:

Plus another Tiger appears to be heading west, an Eagle is drawing rival interest and a Port gun is eyeing a return to Victoria.
Catch up on all the latest player movement news in Trade Whispers

BOLTON TO REQUEST WA MOVE, GRAHAM TO JOIN EAGLES
Tigers star Shai Bolton is keen to pursue a return to Western Australia for family reasons, according to multiple reports.
Despite being contracted until 2028 on a deal signed late in 2022, Bolton wants to move back to WA to be with family, with the 25-year old and his partner expecting their second child.
Perth journalist Ryan Daniels reports Bolton has made his intentions clear in recent weeks, however Fremantle and West Coast haven’t yet made meaningful advancements on a trade.
Given Bolton is contracted for four more seasons, how the Tigers approach the situation will be a
A two-time premiership player, Bolton has played 125 games for Richmond since making his debut in 2017.
“Bolton is keen on a move to Fremantle and, like the Suns, the Dockers have lots of draft picks to offer him,” Nine’s Tom Morris reported earlier this week.

Oh sorry, I thought it was a cut link.

Here:

Plus another Tiger appears to be heading west, an Eagle is drawing rival interest and a Port gun is eyeing a return to Victoria.
Catch up on all the latest player movement news in Trade Whispers

BOLTON TO REQUEST WA MOVE, GRAHAM TO JOIN EAGLES
Tigers star Shai Bolton is keen to pursue a return to Western Australia for family reasons, according to multiple reports.
Despite being contracted until 2028 on a deal signed late in 2022, Bolton wants to move back to WA to be with family, with the 25-year old and his partner expecting their second child.
Perth journalist Ryan Daniels reports Bolton has made his intentions clear in recent weeks, however Fremantle and West Coast haven’t yet made meaningful advancements on a trade.
Given Bolton is contracted for four more seasons, how the Tigers approach the situation will be a
A two-time premiership player, Bolton has played 125 games for Richmond since making his debut in 2017.
“Bolton is keen on a move to Fremantle and, like the Suns, the Dockers have lots of draft picks to offer him,” Nine’s Tom Morris reported earlier this week.
Yes I know. But why are you ignoring the initial report of Freo tapping him up which was a month ago?

There is nothing unusual about this.

Club taps up interstate player. Player says I want to go home for personal reasons. Daniels has put a nice Freo spin on it and Freo fans have lapped it up.

We won't be trading him cheaply because he has a kid.

I'm not disagreeing the reporting is saying that now. I'm saying no one is surely that gullible to believe Freo didn't initiate it unless you just want to ignore the initial reports.
It’s been my understanding, from first hearing about this, that it was, indeed, Bolton that started discussions.

Freo had enough they were working on, even Bolton didn’t expect anything to be a chance this year.

Things have obviously changed, but the initial request was He’d like to look at heading home, at some stage.

Really think this was no chance, until a) Warner committed to seeing out his contract and b) the pies crashed down the ladder giving us a top 10 pick.

The shadow boxing from all three sides, and their mouthpieces, is going to be very fun to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back