Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

If be happy if both sides just told each other to go **** themselves tbh
Should embrace the rebuild like other Tiger Bros. Getting a shedload of top 20 talent across two drafts is the quickest way to be genuinely contending again

You said the last thing we need is more 1st round kids

Tell me a big time trade for Freo that has been amazing

The LAST thing we need is to get all jizzy after a bit of success and blow our nut on another shit trade because your mistaking form for quality

Get him in I’m fine with it but we should be just as happy to take the picks and if Tigers think it’s XMAS tell ‘em to go **** themselves

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So because previous administrations have messed up on trades we should never trade for a big time player again? That's the sort of recipe that leads you to constantly rebuild.

So because previous administrations have messed up on trades we should never trade for a big time player again? That's the sort of recipe that leads you to constantly rebuild.
Is he THAT big time? Flakey. I could see two firsts with some salary cap relief. If there is a pick around 6 or so that´s a decent deal, will only be pushed back by Ashcroft.

Is he THAT big time? Flakey. I could see two firsts with some salary cap relief. If there is a pick around 6 or so that´s a decent deal, will only be pushed back by Ashcroft.
In a contending team I think he is. Regardless of the where we see Bolton is at, we actually have the same opinion as to his trade value haha.

Tell me one club that have fell off a cliff because they drafted too much

Anyways I don’t mind getting Bolton but at a reasonable price picks and salary wise otherwise just keep chugging along drafting the best players we can I say

Last edited:
More and more media head's reporting Bolton wants to go.
What's interesting to me is that it seems like since The Nepo Prince broke the story, Bolton has been keen on leaving. If it's being confirmed more and more, then
1) They are trying to put more pressure on Richmond to do the trade: and/or
2) Richmond are just preparing the faithful for the inevitable.

If Bolton wants to go, I think it would be list management malpractice to keep him when the team he wants has the hand it does.

Anyways I don’t mind getting Bolton but at a reasonable price picks and salary wise otherwise just keep chugging along drafting the best players we can I say

No one falls of a cliff, some clubs never get going eg. GC & North lately. Clubs never get near the top and just draft so I don’t think it’s been tried.

I feel like we have created this currency with our good drafting, development and list strategy. Blowing it on a big name isn’t going to be the end of the team if it doesn’t work out but it’s worth the risk to get us over the line.

No one falls of a cliff, some clubs never get going eg. GC & North lately. Clubs never get near the top and just draft so I don’t think it’s been tried.

I feel like we have created this currency with our good drafting, development and list strategy. Blowing it on a big name isn’t going to be the end of the team if it doesn’t work out but it’s worth the risk to get us over the line.
Yeah, I was pretty excited for a Lalor and Berry but I do think we need to fill that 25-28 y.o. gap in our playing list.

The Cameron trade worked out to be Pick 6: 3 late first rounders plus a fourth rounder for Cameron and two picks in the mid 20s.

Cameron is a better player than Bolton, but Bolton is contracted, so let's say that roughly evens out in terms of trade.

If Collingwood finish around where they are now, Freo will have Pick 7. Surely Richmond would prefer something like that than a rag-bag of late first rounders and second rounder swaps??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll tell you a club that kept investing in youth and competed but is still yet to win a GF (Hint, that youth kept turning over and leaving them because you simply can't pay all that talent to stay)

GWS

If we think Bolton is the missing piece then we move heaven and earth to get him, quite frankly, I think theres a decent chance hes the missing piece.

Guess it's a counter to Jay Clark suggesting WCE's current pick 3 for Baker the other week on Midweek Tackle 'might' be too high.
It's only a couple of spots out I reckon, couple late swaps and you'll have a deal

The way our team play on the rebound he'd be an A+ superstar. You couldn't double up on him, and he's lethal in space. Phenomenal forward, who's very handy around stoppages - imagine him i50 with Darcy tapping it down...

Plus he can be put into the middle for some burst a la Switta. Biggest issue is wages, I've no doubt Richmond would be happy to cover some for an improved deal as you've suggested.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The way our team play on the rebound he'd be an A+ superstar. You couldn't double up on him, and he's lethal in space. Phenomenal forward, who's very handy around stoppages - imagine him i50 with Darcy tapping it down...

Plus he can be put into the middle for some burst a la Switta. Biggest issue is wages, I've no doubt Richmond would be happy to cover some for an improved deal as you've suggested.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Stop it. I don't want to think about losing his talent :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back