Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

That sounds more likely to me also.

I don't personally think he's worth that much but Hardwick seems keen and they are also in the position of needing to bring in more mature players for a finals push and they're getting Lombard this year anyway so they can afford to pay a bit more.
I think Hardwick´s just trying to push through some favours for his old club.

I think 7 and 16 is overs but you still should pay it IMO.
It makes you instantly better.

You still have your pick 12 in the draft.
We won't let them keep 12. It will be 7 & 12. If they only had 7 & 16 sure but they have 12 and we will take it.

Could be the other way around.

There's a cap floor and if a number of Richmond's better players leave, then they're going to struggle to pay it.

Paying players to leave and get good picks in return helps prevent renegotiating current contracts and paying more to players who don't deserve it.

See Jack Bowes at GC and how that ended, for instance.

Cap floor is not a problem. You dont overpay anyone, you just front load.

Probably around the 40-55 mark. All Australian 2022, not in the squad for 2021 and 2023.
Won´t be in the squad this year.
You are getting confused with what he is valued in bottom of the ladder team. Not many players make AA in 18th team. His peak top 5 and he has shown that. Only 25 years old too.

You are getting confused with what he is valued in bottom of the ladder team. Not many players make AA in 18th team. His peak top 5 and he has shown that. Only 25 years old too.
In his peak you think he is a top 5 player? Surely having a laugh. Or maybe you mean top 5 player within a round.

In his peak you think he is a top 5 player? Surely having a laugh. Or maybe you mean top 5 player within a round.
Yes at peak easily. And he has been independently rated that many times. I get youre trying to drive his price low but you aren’t convincing anyone by say hes “40-55”. Lol.

I was worried for a second that we wouldn't get 80 pages of debate around what he's worth, coz at first when the added news came out this week it was basically everyone saying "Collingwood's pick and some other first is probably the base of the deal, and then whatever steak knives either way". Glad to see we're back, mainly debating where the steak knives go.

Do you understand how contracts works? They cant run off what are you on about. Every club front loads when youre creating future cap space. Its list mangement 101.
Well when you get yourself up to List Management 102 you will learn that you cant anchor yourself to the past. PLayers will be offered highly improved Terms from other sides in those later years and many will suddenly suffer from home sickness or have new family issues ala Brad Hill and Rory Lobb.

No BNFs no runners up no leading goal kicking no league awards 1x AA is worth 2x top 10 picks?
Tig fans have replaced blues fans in the trade threads.
Plenty of time to practice the hot trumpet
I don't think anyone thinks he's a 2 x top 10 pick.
Most think picks 7 and 12 or 7 and 16 or thereabouts.

He's not an accumulator, he's a burst/impact player.
He can kill you with 12 possessions.

You're getting a genuine match winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think anyone thinks he's a 2 x top 10 pick.
Most think picks 7 and 12 or 7 and 16 or thereabouts.

He's not an accumulator, he's a burst/impact player.
He can kill you with 12 possessions.

You're getting a genuine match winner.
Hes averaged 13d 2mk 2t and less than a goal in 8 finals
The viccentric media have pulled the wool over your eyes

Yes at peak easily. And he has been independently rated that many times. I get youre trying to drive his price low but you aren’t convincing anyone by say hes “40-55”. Lol.

40 to 55 means the top 2-3 players from each club. Easy to build a list out to 50 and plenty of awesome players will still miss.

We've all agreed he's a top 5 player, would bench Bont, and he's worth 3 firsts this year and 1 in 2025.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Cameron was three 1st rnders I don’t think Bolton is worth that.
But he may be more valuable to Freo than he is to all other clubs.

He is a special player.

Cameron didn't get a top ten pick. I would take the top ten pick and another over 3 late firsts.

TBH, I've always thought it's a bit pointless trying to compare previous trades.

Especially ones years ago.
There's just too many variables and in most cases the players are different.

You just have to look at the when and now, not what's happened in the past.

Fact is, you're in the premiership window.
You have heaps of draft capitol thanks to some shrewd trading last year.

If you can get a match winner for 7 and 16, and still have pick 12 left, it's a no brainer.

Surely that's better than 2 unproven kids who, TBH, you don't really need.

You won't complain about the trade if you win the GF next year and Bolton kicks 4.

That is a big 'if'.

I am not saying I will complain at 7 and 16, just that it would make me a little sick as that is a very high price for a player who has had fluctuating form.

I also don't think it is wise to be silly with draft capital just because we were wise previously. I am not saying trading Bolton in is sily, I am referring to the principle.

You are talking about it like they were a decade ago or more. It is relevant because there are people here throwing numbers around that are heavily inflated. If you look at comps, which is all we have to go on, then they are asking more than Neale or Cameron and that should mean something.

As I said, I will feel a little sick if we get him for 7 and 16. I also would not want to trade any other picks out unless it was for Worner (which I can't see happening).

He was also a far superior player, so perhaps we shouldn't compare.
If you say so. I wasn't the one comparing them. I don't think we will trade Bolton for something acceptable to Freo fans. It's not like he's going to sook it up for 4 years if we hold him 😂😂

Do any Tiger supporters have any insight into how Bolton's contract is structured i.e. front/back loaded?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back