Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

The trade for Schultz included an F1

Where Collingwood ended up had nothing to do with the trade at the time it was made. I really hope up can see that. If not, I think we can leave it here.

And, to put it in to your perspective, name for me 3 small forwards who have been traded for 2 1st rounders.

Rankin - no
Cameron - no
Bolton - ?
Regardless

Still think you're underselling him.

You're looking at Rankine's worth now.
When he was at GC, he was average.

He was at the GC between 2020 and 2022 and had 1 top ten finish in the F&B when he came 10th.
He was also out of contract.

Bolton on the other hand had 3 top 4 finishes.

It's the market we're in.
Tom Barrass will more than likely get WC a top 10 and a future second and he's nearly 29.

If you think Richmond will accept 1 top 10 pick for a contracted Bolton, you're in Laa Laa land.

Regardless

Still think you're underselling him.

You're looking at Rankine's worth now.
When he was at GC, he was average.

He was at the GC between 2020 and 2022 and had 1 top ten finish in the F&B when he came 10th.
He was also out of contract.

Bolton on the other hand had 3 top 4 finishes.

It's the market we're in.
Tom Barrass will more than likely get WC a top 10 and a future second and he's nearly 29.

If you think Richmond will accept 1 top 10 pick for a contracted Bolton, you're in Laa Laa land.
I think you're right. I don't know where you are getting me evaluation from though. I was just looking at past trades. He could very well end up 2 late firsts (Freo and Pt) with something coming back. If it's more than that, it would be the highest any club has paid for a small forward in the history on AFL.

Makes it interesting.

I think you're right. I don't know where you are getting me evaluation from though. I was just looking at past trades. He could very well end up 2 late firsts (Freo and Pt) with something coming back. If it's more than that, it would be the highest any club has paid for a small forward in the history on AFL.

Makes it interesting.
Mate there is absolutely zero chance it is 2 late firsts with a second back, that's just theft. That's just as bad a suggestion as some of Blaisees work in here.

There is also massive difference in the value of the firsts being discussed

Makes it interesting.
I think Freo will offer 7 and 16 and Richmond will ask for 7 and 12.

Mate there is absolutely zero chance it is 2 late firsts with a second back, that's just theft. That's just as bad a suggestion as some of Blaisees work in here.

There is also massive difference in the value of the firsts being discussed
So, you're in the camp who reckons Freo will pay the biggest price for a small forward in the history of the AFL.

Wouldn't surprise me given it's Freo.

FMD. We're are hard club to support sometimes, but I guess we'll see before we jump out of windows.

So, you're in the camp who reckons Freo will pay the biggest price for a small forward in the history of the AFL.

Wouldn't surprise me given it's Freo.

FMD. We're are hard club to support sometimes, but I guess we'll see before we jump out of windows.
I think he's not a pure small forward and I don't like just bandying about two firsts when there is exponential difference in the value of firsts. Pick 5 is worth a lot more than the trade you suggested.

If we had a top 5 pick, I wouldn't expect an extra first to be included. I expect the trade to be similar in value to Neale

I wonder if Richmond would be interested in Erasmus as a part of this trade. Can’t break into midfield past Fyfe, Young and Brayshaw, but racks it up in the WAFL.

Massive tank, very competitive, former high draft pick and a big body, good overhead, runs both ways says, but kicking can be a bit hit and miss. Also very professional and a solid citizen.

Would be young enough to be part of the next push, but developed enough to carry the load inside the centre whilst the Tigers top up on young top end talent.

Wouldn’t want to lose him, clear Fyfe successor for Freo, but can see him requesting a trade for more opportunities.

I won’t speculate around what else that trade would look like. Freo supporters will say massive unders, Tigers fans massive overs. Also not sure how Erasmus would be valued by either side.

Doesn't look to have it. I'd prefer picks.

Um.. discussing?

View attachment 2067149

I had no idea Tigers fans were like this. I kind of expected it from Carlton, but it's a bit surprising.
To be fair he was responding to you calling a factual post 'fantasy'.
4th in the B&F in a premiership year, aged 21
4th in 2021
4th in 2022
3rd in 2023

Will probably be top 4 again this year. But he's inconsistent.

I hope we keep him.

He's a mid-forward. And a match-winner.

7 and 12. Wowzers. That more than we got for a 2 times Brownlow medalist.
How many of those had he won when you traded him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton was a pure small forward in the 2019 finals, as a 20-year-old:
  • 13 disposals, 4 tackles, 3 goal assists (that's a lot) and goal in interstate qualifying final win. Was one of the sparks in the second quarter after the Lions jumped us
  • 10 disposals, 2 goal assists in super-hot prelim against the second-best team in the comp
  • 11 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal in grand final.

They were the 26th, 27th and 28th games of his career.

In 2020 he was spending time in the midfield as well as forward. We had shortened games, which skews your averages:
  • 17 disposals, 4 clearances and a goal in interstate qualifying final loss. One of our best.
  • 11 disposals, 3 goals in semi. Again in our best.
  • 15 disposals, 3 clearances, 1 goal assist in unbelievably tight, wet, interstate prelim. Another excellent performance.
  • 16 disposals, 7 tackles, 4 clearances, 2 goal assists in one of the hottest grand finals. Was one of the best handful of players on the ground.

These were games 44-47 of his career, aged 21.

10 disposals and 2 goals in interstate 2022 elimination final robbery. Probably his worst final.

Rankine went for pick 5 and was uncontracted. At the time he was nowhere near the player Bolton is.
I appreciate the effort here - thank you.

He spent time mid and as a forward - are you agreeing that he has pretty much small forward numbers? He is impactful, and in his last finals appearance he had very much small forward numbers. I am not trying to criticise here, it is just an observation.

There are some here claiming he is a top 20 player league wide - those numbers don't back that up. Do I want him and would he be valuable? Yes and very! His numbers are small forward like and he should still get better.

I can see both sets of fans being a little unhappy with what the final deal is to be honest.

I think he's not a pure small forward and I don't like just bandying about two firsts when there is exponential difference in the value of firsts. Pick 5 is worth a lot more than the trade you suggested.

If we had a top 5 pick, I wouldn't expect an extra first to be included. I expect the trade to be similar in value to Neale
Neale was 5, 19 with 30 coming back. If Freo pay similar boy oh boy the kid must be special.

I guess we will find out soon enough.

I can see both sets of fans being a little unhappy with what the final deal is to be honest.

Totally - and that will probably be a decent indication the deal landed somewhere about right. Freo will need to pay slightly overs, and Richmond fans will fairly be upset about losing arguably their best player.

But at the same time - it will probably work out the best for both clubs, Freo fill the only glaring hole in their list and Tigers get a full deck to play with come draft time.

Totally - and that will probably be a decent indication the deal landed somewhere about right. Freo will need to pay slightly overs, and Richmond fans will fairly be upset about losing arguably their best player.

But at the same time - it will probably work out the best for both clubs, Freo fill the only glaring hole in their list and Tigers get a full deck to play with come draft time.
Bad news for you

He is staying

Neale was 5, 19 with 30 coming back. If Freo pay similar boy oh boy the kid must be special.

I guess we will find out soon enough.
I mean yes? We know Bolton is pretty good and he's contracted for 3 years. I think there is no scenario you're going to be happy with this trade.

I mean yes? We know Bolton is pretty good and he's contracted for 3 years. I think there is no scenario you're going to be happy with this trade.
Neale is a much much better player than bolton.

When we traded him I'd have them comparable.

Really? Bolton to me is a decent player (when hes on) but hes nowhere near at the level neale was when he was traded. To me theres a decent gap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back