Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hilarious reply - you have argued with another poster that you didn't say he was elite. Just elite on his day. You then questioned me on who had called him elite - I provided evidence.

I am asking if you think the price you think is fair rates him as elite - simple yes or no.

And of course the club will only pay what they think is fair. Value society wide is determined by what someone is willing to pay. That is not a groundbreaking thought or something that should enter this discussion. It is like looking at an ocean and saying people will only go for a swim if they want to.
I know you struggle with basic comprehension, but I argued with a poster who said Bolton was a "decent player" when he's on. I said "when he's on, he's elite".

Can you see the difference?

Again, it doesn't matter whether I think pick 7 and 16 rates him as elite.
It's what I think he's worth FFS.

It's like debating with Rainman.

I know you struggle with basic comprehension, but I argued with a poster who said Bolton was a "decent player" when he's on. I said "when he's on, he's elite".

Can you see the difference?

Again, it doesn't matter whether I think pick 7 and 16 rates him as elite.
It's what I think he's worth FFS.

It's like debating with Rainman.

You are not reading my question - you are saying he isn't elite, but can be on his day.

Yet you are pricing him as elite. Or do you think that price isn't that high?

Look at you with the personal attacks... The resort of those with nothing left to their argument.

You can say he is elite when on, which would mean he isn't always elite. You can say no-one called him elite or question if they did. But if you are pricing him as elite what you are saying is he is worth the price of an elite player.

I realise you think he is worth that - which is why I haven't questioned that.

I am asking if you think that price places him in the elite bracket.

The purpose for me is trying to ascertain what an 'elite' player is or isn't worth in people's opinion. It used to be a high first and maybe a second. Or for a top shelf elite two firsts.

There are picks thrown around here and by you which suggest he is elite at least and or a level above. Or I could be out on how players are valued.

Weather he's elite or not depends on what he can offer to a new team?

Firstly a team should only go for him if they are a chance to contend and requring a class small forward.

He seems to be a very small forward, crumber and dockers seem to be the best club to land him.

frementle want to take the next step, then they better cough up 2 firsts for him as he is contracted at tigs and richmond should play the hard ball to hold him to contract and ask for a king's ransom.

You are not reading my question - you are saying he isn't elite, but can be on his day.

Yet you are pricing him as elite. Or do you think that price isn't that high?

Look at you with the personal attacks... The resort of those with nothing left to their argument.

You can say he is elite when on, which would mean he isn't always elite. You can say no-one called him elite or question if they did. But if you are pricing him as elite what you are saying is he is worth the price of an elite player.

I realise you think he is worth that - which is why I haven't questioned that.

I am asking if you think that price places him in the elite bracket.

The purpose for me is trying to ascertain what an 'elite' player is or isn't worth in people's opinion. It used to be a high first and maybe a second. Or for a top shelf elite two firsts.

There are picks thrown around here and by you which suggest he is elite at least and or a level above. Or I could be out on how players are valued.
4 year contract mate

You pay a premium

So if he is elite sometimes then he has the possibility to be elite most of the time in a good team, then add a 4 year contract to the situation

I wouldn't be offering our 2 firsts if he was uncontracted, as it stands I know thats what it will take

This thread has exposed a lot of peeps that are clearly uneducated about shai Bolton

Players in 2024 who average 17.5 possession 1.5 goals and 3.5 clearances

Warner
Rankine
Bolton

This is the list

Difference is shai Bolton basically averages this for his whole career .

He is also the only one of this list that has 4, top 4 finishes in the best and fairest

He is also the only one of these players with a key role in 2 flags .

And I have to read through trolls telling me he is a small fwd that is worth what Shultz is worth

Blasphemy

This thread has exposed a lot of peeps that are clearly uneducated about shai Bolton

Warner
Rankine
Bolton

This is the list

He is also the only one of this list that has 4, top 4 finishes in the best and fairest

And I have to read through trolls telling me he is a small fwd that is worth what Shultz is worth

Blasphemy
DXKfoLeVoAAp3mD.jpeg

Also, nobody's arguing that he's worth what Schultz is (and fwiw I disagree with some of the posters that have underestimated what an in-contract Shai can fetch: the failed Dunkley Essendon trade vs what Bulldogs actually got from Brisbane demonstrates that factor). But it turns out sometimes teams trade future picks presuming they'll be quite late, and underestimating their value. Having seen the Jacob Hopper trade, Richmond fans of all people should understand that concept. As do Freo fans having seen the Jackson trade.

View attachment 2067589

Also, nobody's arguing that he's worth what Schultz is (and fwiw I disagree with some of the posters that have underestimated what an in-contract Shai can fetch: the failed Dunkley Essendon trade vs what Bulldogs actually got from Brisbane demonstrates that factor). But it turns out sometimes teams trade future picks presuming they'll be quite late, and underestimating their value. Having seen the Jacob Hopper trade, Richmond fans of all people should understand that concept. As do Freo fans having seen the Jackson trade.

Have you actually read this thread

Apparently shai is just a small forward and worth about what Shultz is worth .

I am convinced that 90 % of the big footy community don’t actually watch football .

Picks 7, 12 & 16 have turned into 9, 14 & 17 with tonight’s results… you’d think they get pushed out at least once with the bid for Ashcroft and potentially twice with Lombard.

Picks 7, 12 & 16 have turned into 9, 14 & 17 with tonight’s results… you’d think they get pushed out at least once with the bid for Ashcroft and potentially twice with Lombard.
Plus Kako before 14 and 17 you’d think if teams are pissed the Dons got a leg up.

I reckon Freo are all over Warner for next year and would be trying to work out how it could all work $$ and pick wise.

Bolton is an elite and real needle mover for Freo. Really does make so much sense for that to be the move.

Hard to judge with this being Pykes and Clarkes first year and how they plan to work the list over the next few years but dont rule out the Eagles to make a play depending how they rank the draft board and TB decides he is happy to go.

Richmond, Eagles, Freo and Suns could hold a lot of power over this draft and picks could be flying everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to judge with this being Pykes and Clarkes first year and how they plan to work the list over the next few years but dont rule out the Eagles to make a play depending how they rank the draft board and TB decides he is happy to go.
Just about the only reason Richmond won't fully price Freo out of a move is because they're a rebuilding team with an age profile closer to a contending team, so getting the picks in is a net good to fast track a rebuild hampered by win-now moves that looked ok at the time but now look terrible. I cannot overstate how hilariously silly it'd be if West Coast (the other team in that predicament) decide trading for Shai is the move.

Maybe because he's a highlights package he gets judged more harshly.

Top 4 finishes in the last 4 years tells me you're getting a pretty consistent player.

I think 7 and 16 is pretty much spot on.
If 24 yr old Bolton is 7 & 16 then 29yr old Tom Barrass should be valued at Pick 16 or below.

Warner
Rankine
Bolton

This is the list

Blasphemy
He doesnt average 15d or a goal a game in finals
After browsing dusty goat threads finals performance is the btm line according to tiges fans that separates good from great
Why the change of heart?

After browsing dusty goat threads finals performance is the btm line according to tiges fans that separates good from great
Why the change of heart?

wrong again unfortunately

Shai Bolton was one of our best players in the 2020 finals series , the one that ended up with Richmond winning the flag, he got coaches votes in the 2020 Prelim final.

You are not very good at this

wrong again unfortunately

Shai Bolton was one of our best players in the 2020 finals series , the one that ended up with Richmond winning the flag, he got coaches votes in the 2020 Prelim final.

You are not very good at this
Which part of doesn’t average 15d or a goal a game in finals is wrong?

Why the change of heart?
Wont matter for freo you’re never in finals

IMG_7424.jpeg
2024 stats
Ones worth half a packet of chips ones worth 2 top 10 picks
Banfield averaging 3 less disposals but he doesn’t get midfield minutes.
Bolton had 12 cbas against north
12d @ 54% and a goal.
Banfield in rd 2 against north
18d @ 78% 2 goals
I’m not saying banfield is better than Bolton only that there is not 2x top 10 picks/ three first rders between them

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back