Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Players in the league averaging 1.5 goals, 17.5 possessions, 3.5 clearances

Warner
Rankine
Bolton
Community notes: these stats are so selective that they are wrong as of this week. Shai Bolton scoring 1 goal against North dragged his goals/game below 1.5. He's 1 slightly off game away from failing all 3 metrics.

By this logic, Rory Lobb is a true 1 of 1 player as not many key defenders average 0.4 goals per game, 1.5 CMs per game, 5.9 CPs per game and 3.5 SIs per game. He's got 2 years left on his deal, so I reckon if a team wants him that's multiple first rounders.

No there isnt, there is 2 others.
General half forwards? Yes there are. The below have all kicked 20+ goals this season at an average of 1.5 a game like Bolton and that's in a position there's generally only 2-3 of in each side opposed to midfielders where you have 7+ to compare against:

Bayley Fritsch
Izak Rankine
Tyson Stengle
Toby Greene
Sam Sturt
Cody Weightman
Jack Higgins
Kysaiah Pickett
Willie Rioli
Tom Papley
Ben Long
Charlie Cameron
Jamie Elliot
Will Hayward
Oliver Henry
Matthew Owies
Ben Keays
Chad Warner

However, you missed the point that these comparisons are stupid and not actually reflective of what makes an individual player influential. Maybe the Charlie Cameron trade around the similar time as Neale is more accurate?

Shai should be averaging more goals per game....he has about 15 shots a game!
He's the hungriest tiger since that other hungry bloke.:D:D;)

Richmond reminds me of Collingwood end of 2021, when they traded Stephenson and treloar out and clubs could smell how desperate they were. Clubs aren't paying overs as they know Richmond want picks. Bolton and rioli might only get a pick in the teens.
Freo after the des headland, Jeff farmer debacles won't over pay not when they can bring in 3 great young players

General half forwards? Yes there are. The below have all kicked 20+ goals this season at an average of 1.5 a game like Bolton and that's in a position there's generally only 2-3 of in each side opposed to midfielders where you have 7+ to compare against:

Bayley Fritsch
Izak Rankine
Tyson Stengle
Toby Greene
Sam Sturt
Cody Weightman
Jack Higgins
Kysaiah Pickett
Willie Rioli
Tom Papley
Ben Long
Charlie Cameron
Jamie Elliot
Will Hayward
Oliver Henry
Matthew Owies
Ben Keays
Chad Warner

However, you missed the point that these comparisons are stupid and not actually reflective of what makes an individual player influential. Maybe the Charlie Cameron trade around the similar time as Neale is more accurate?
You have used one stat measurement for comparison 😂😂😂

Come on people, don't make me do a "we have Bolton at home" with Ben Long.

Good pick up for freo
Good destination for Bolton
Good outcome for Richmond to align a cohort of youth

This is a rare trade where everyone will be happy despite some fans who will inevitably lose their nana over irrelevant trade details
1723025657738.gif

Players as good as or better than Neale in playing his position

Brayshaw
Serong
Treloar
Daicos
Green
Sheezel
Anderson
Rowell
Cripps
Merrett
Butters
Laird
Bont
LDU
Dunkley
MCCluggage
Young
Heeney
Warner
Walsh

Most of them are better, the others around about as good

Don't get me wrong Neale is a gun, but he is alot more common than Shai, and Shai is contracted

Dear God this is stupid. Just no.

Richmond reminds me of Collingwood end of 2021, when they traded Stephenson and treloar out and clubs could smell how desperate they were. Clubs aren't paying overs as they know Richmond want picks. Bolton and rioli might only get a pick in the teens.
Freo after the des headland, Jeff farmer debacles won't over pay not when they can bring in 3 great young players

Richmond is not desperate for salary cap relief like collingwood

They could not be more unlike each other

Ridiculous comparison

This makes no sense, we want picks, not just any old picks haha

We are also not shopping players around.

This makes no sense, we want picks, not just any old picks haha

We are also not shopping players around.
Really? All Melbourne journos are leaking players out of Richmond for multiple first rounders. If I'm gold coast or freo I'm saying no you keep contracted players, you're in 18th with them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? All Melbourne journos are leaking players out of Richmond for multiple first rounders. If I'm gold coast or freo I'm saying no you keep contracted players, you're in 18th with them
Haha would ya mate haha

And how does that help Freo and GC that are chasing our players?

Keanu Reeves 80S GIF

simon cowell facepalm GIF

The two sceanrios couldn't actually be much more different....

We don't have cap issues.

You have one of the oldest lists and your bottom of the ladder, clubs aren't just going to give you a free ride out of this because the players that have some value are contracted
You're forgetting the part where we don't have to trade a bloke who is contracted until 2028.

It's not about getting a "free ride". It's about a club offering us enough to make us comfortable with letting Bolton go.

You have one of the oldest lists and your bottom of the ladder, clubs aren't just going to give you a free ride out of this because the players that have some value are contracted
I think Geelong has the oldest list

Are you having a fire sale ?

Take out Cameron Stewart danger you would be bottom 4.

Freo are coming to us, we are not asking them !! Both Baker & Bolton, guarantee all 3 pick will be the Tigers if we say yes.
Look what they got for Shulz and he is "D grade" !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back