Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

How many years would Tigers pay for with 2 top 10 picks

It would have to be atleast a couple
Its an interesting one, I dont know. Its well overs so we would certainly need to pay a bit but it wouldnt be 2 years of full wage.

Its an interesting one, I dont know. Its well overs so we would certainly need to pay a bit but it wouldnt be 2 years of full wage.

Don't think they can't pay the full wage.

I'm not sure where I got this from (old memory?), but I think the AFL has a rule that you can't pay too much (half?) to ensure the salary cap isn't totally bypassed this way.

IIRC, they didn't want clubs losing players to be able to pay anything (integrity of the salary cap, etc etc), but it was forced on the by the AFLPA to make player movement easier.

Although maybe they changed that when they altered the rules to allow 'salary dump' trades a couple of years back....

As you can probably tell, I'm not sure about this, but I think I'm right.

Last edited:
I would assume it would be something like 200-300k for 4 years (end of current contract) or something. Basically what the Pies are still doing for Grundy. Significant, but we'd still be paying the bulk.
If it was 3-4 years. I would imagine we would front load the majority of the contribution into the first 2 years

I would assume it would be something like 200-300k for 4 years (end of current contract) or something. Basically what the Pies are still doing for Grundy. Significant, but we'd still be paying the bulk.
Yeah and we probably pay a decent chunk next year and majority of it in 2026 once Lynch contract expires and be done with our liability.

If it was 3-4 years. I would imagine we would front load the majority of the contribution into the first 2 years
seth meyers wtf GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Don't think they can't pay the full wage.

I'm not sure where I got this from (old memory?), but I think the AFL has a rule that you can't pay too much (half?) to ensure the salary cap isn't totally bypassed this way.

IIRC, they didn't want clubs losing players to be able to pay anything (integrity of the salary cap, etc etc), but it was forced on the by the AFLPA to make player movement easier.

Although maybe they changed that when they altered the rules to allow 'salary dump' trades a couple of years back....

As you can probably tell, I'm not sure about this, but I think I'm right.
Hannah Mccarthy GIF by Rooster Teeth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Freo small forwards lack class, pace and X factor

Mids are all the same as well, one paced.

Shai would walk into this team and be their most important player from day 1
Is Bolton classy?

Name one classy player that kicks as many goals as points?

Considering he takes a few shots from the square when he gets over the back, I would say he lacks class.

Something like 8/16/25 for Bolton and Baker with no salary paid.

Still overs for Shai but not a complete roasting

Couldn't see us even considering Shai for 8/25 (not saying its not the right value). We will get similar to that for Rioli. Then with Baker leaving as well, there surely isn't a need for more picks in that range unless way overs was offered. With the others all leaving, wed be better off holding for 12 months and trying to get picks in next seasons draft if he still wants out.

Couldn't see us even considering Shai for 8/25 (not saying its not the right value). We will get similar to that for Rioli. Then with Baker leaving as well, there surely isn't a need for more picks in that range unless way overs was offered. With the others all leaving, wed be better off holding for 12 months and trying to get picks in next seasons draft if he still wants out.
You won't simultaneously get maximum value for Bolton and get maximum value for Baker. Because if you leverage the contract on one, you lose it on the other.

So the 8+16 is for Bolton, the 25 is for Baker in that scenario.

Last edited:
8 + 16 + 25 for Bolton and Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back