Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

If we do miss finals then both top 10s is pretty unpalatable IMO. It would need something significant coming back and not just salary IMO
Too early at this stage to worry about that. We have many options available from different picks to potentially trading out players for more picks to get the trade done. Two top ten picks would probably get you Baker + Bolton with some salary covered for both. It's a very high price for a club to pay so doubt it would happen.

You won't simultaneously get maximum value for Bolton and get maximum value for Baker. Because if you leverage the contract on one, you lose it on the other.

So the 8+16 is for Bolton, the 25 is for Baker in that scenario.

Baker will be about pick 16. He will get to Freo if he wants to go there and it will be done early. I doubt we will trade Bolton unless its for crazy overs. It would be stupid for us to do that in this years draft assuming Rioli leaves.

We have Graham going as well, we also should be able to trade up to Brisbanes first with what we already have.

Bolton will still have 3 years to run at the end of next year and plenty of teams will be trying to get him knowing he wants out. We would be better off accepting slightly less into next years draft.

Baker will be about pick 16. He will get to Freo if he wants to go there and it will be done early. I doubt we will trade Bolton unless its for crazy overs. It would be stupid for us to do that in this years draft assuming Rioli leaves.

We have Graham going as well, we also should be able to trade up to Brisbanes first with what we already have.

Bolton will still have 3 years to run at the end of next year and plenty of teams will be trying to get him knowing he wants out. We would be better off accepting slightly less into next years draft.
Agree to disagree.

Still lots of ifs, but if we miss finals and if we get both, Freo will want to keep one of the first round picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, we're mad into Chad and have 2 good NGA prospects. Whatever we do, I am confident the bulk comes from 2024 assets.

They could go the other way then.

3 1sts for Bolton/Baker, with a F2 or F3 (still a decent pick given Richmond's likely position next year) coming back.

no way

2 different deals

Just like taranto and hopper where 2 different deals

2 top 10 picks for Bolton 1 top 12 pick for Baker
The question was, would we give back pick 21 on the below scenario,

8 & 10 for Bolton & pick 21

Its a firm yes for me as we should

They wouldn't get both without a significant salary contribution or returning 1st.
We'll have a lot of kids next year and bigger contracts off the books, would happily pay a portion of Bolton's deal over the next 2 years, if it meant a better pick. Freo could heavily front-load his contract.

We don't need cap room in the next 2 years, we'll have a ton of cheap kids on the list.

We'll have a lot of kids next year and bigger contracts off the books, would happily pay a portion of Bolton's deal over the next 2 years, if it meant a better pick. Freo could heavily front-load his contract.

We don't need cap room in the next 2 years, we'll have a ton of cheap kids on the list.
Makes sense to me.

The question was, would we give back pick 21 on the below scenario,

8 & 10 for Bolton & pick 21

Its a firm yes for me as we should
No because he is contracted and required.

If they want him they will have to bend over and even then my answer would be no

Players like Bolton are very very rare .

Prefer to keep him.

We have enough draft currency as it is

We don’t really need more draft picks

With baker and graham going and what we have already we have enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back