Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, we're mad into Chad and have 2 good NGA prospects. Whatever we do, I am confident the bulk comes from 2024 assets.
Chad , Bolton and Baker in the space of a season to a nuffy club like Freo is La La Land stuff surely ?
Big Vic club might be able to pull off a coup like that but not us .

What you smokin’ Joao ?

Chad , Bolton and Baker in the space of a season to a nuffy club like Freo is La La Land stuff surely ?
Big Vic club might be able to pull off a coup like that but not us .

What you smokin’ Joao ?
It's hard not to think that, but geez there is a lot of smoke on all 3.

It's definitely in the "believe when I see it" category though.

No because he is contracted and required.

If they want him they will have to bend over and even then my answer would be no

Players like Bolton are very very rare .

Prefer to keep him.

We have enough draft currency as it is

We don’t really need more draft picks

With baker and graham going and what we have already we have enough
LOL mate 2 times top 10 picks is already well overs.

Ninth best centre clearance player in the comp and the genius Yze plays him as 178cm centre-half-forward.
Even stranger when you consider he is our only mid option with serious pace.

Baker will be about pick 16. He will get to Freo if he wants to go there and it will be done early. I doubt we will trade Bolton unless its for crazy overs. It would be stupid for us to do that in this years draft assuming Rioli leaves.
I think it'd be a bad move not to trade him. By the time Richmond are competing for flags again, he'll be old and he'll have lost some pace, the weapon that sets him apart from similar players. He has a high trade value now, possibly the highest it'll ever be, and Richmond don't want to still be rebuilding come 2027 when Tasmania will be taking the top players.

And this years draft is full of good players, it's an excellent year to have lots of picks in the first round. It's only the very top of the draft (top 5 picks) where it's not as good as some other years.

Bolton will still have 3 years to run at the end of next year and plenty of teams will be trying to get him knowing he wants out. We would be better off accepting slightly less into next years draft.
Except, he only wants to go to WA as that's where his support network is. We've heard this a few times now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤔
Sounds like a coach “pushing” a player out if ever I’ve heard one .

This should no doubt be reflected in freos trade price you’d think
I can smell your desperation for that to be true from here

stinky simon rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

no way

2 different deals

Just like taranto and hopper where 2 different deals

2 top 10 picks for Bolton 1 top 12 pick for Baker

You can’t actually believe baker is worth a top 12 out of contract..

He’s going to WCE or Freo and itlll be for an early 20s pick. Worst case Freos last 1st rounder plus something back. If he chooses eagles, it’s their 2nd and that’s it.

2 top 10s for Bolton will only happen if you’re paying most his wage & we’re getting a good pick back. You’ll say “fine we keep him” don’t think that worry’s freo too much. They won’t badly over pay.

So he'll be in WA with his mind elsewhere?

Exactly. Doesn't have to be far removed for a father to be focused somewhere else instead of on his work, or then torn between his obligations to family and to work.

A real "mental health reasons" brew there.

I don't envy Richmond here at all. The AFL won't even let them pay for family to fly over and live to help out without including it in the salary cap.

Exactly. Doesn't have to be far removed for a father to be focused somewhere else instead of on his work, or then torn between his obligations to family and to work.

A real "mental health reasons" brew there.

I don't envy Richmond here at all. The AFL won't even let them pay for family to fly over and live to help out without including it in the salary cap.
I understand what you're saying, I also think his gone.

Doesn't mean the tiges should accept whatever freo offers. He's still a contracted player. Tiges are always pretty reasonable at the trade table

I understand what you're saying, I also think his gone.

Doesn't mean the tiges should accept whatever freo offers. He's still a contracted player. Tiges are always pretty reasonable at the trade table

He's also a very good player, but that doesn't mean Fremantle has to wear the price of decisions that didn't involve them until the time came to pay a bill to facilitate what others wanted.

I think Fremantle is quite a way down the road with Chad Warner and Bolton would need to fit around that, but it would be stupid for Fremantle to not try and get a win for everyone here.

What about all our firsts and our second for Bolton and your future first?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back