Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

He's also a very good player, but that doesn't mean Fremantle has to wear the price of decisions that didn't involve them until the time came to pay a bill to facilitate what others wanted.

I think Fremantle is quite a way down the road with Chad Warner and Bolton would need to fit around that, but it would be stupid for Fremantle to not try and get a win for everyone here.

What about all our firsts and our second for Bolton and your future first?
We already have your second

No Treacy or Darcy for the Dockers this week. Dockers prioritizing early picks for Shai over scraping into finals this year.

Happy If You Say So GIF

No Treacy or Darcy for the Dockers this week. Dockers prioritizing early picks for Shai over scraping into finals this year.

Happy If You Say So GIF
Well we canā€™t rely on port for anything. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Pretty sure clubs aren't required to pay players who don't meet their obligations (like turning up to 'work'/training).

The clubs aren't able to declare a medical condition is a breach of contract. This is why mental health reasons saw Dayne Beams paid to not show up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The clubs aren't able to declare a medical condition is a breach of contract. This is why mental health reasons saw Dayne Beams paid to not show up

So he'll have a 'medical condition', that is so serious it means he's unable to play or contribute in any way for Richmond, but so easily resolved that he would be able to play for Freo with it?

I'd love to see that one argued in court.

Also, just imagine the precedent that would set.

So he'll have a 'medical condition', that is so serious it means he's unable to play or contribute in any way for Richmond, but so easily resolved that he would be able to play for Freo with it?

I'd love to see that one argued in court.

Also, just imagine the precedent that would set.

It's not a negotiating tactic, it's just what player managers have at their disposal to get what they want because clubs can't do a thing about "mental health issues" when it's dropped on the table as seen many times previously

It's not a negotiating tactic, it's just what player managers have at their disposal to get what they want because clubs can't do a thing about "mental health issues" when it's dropped on the table as seen many times previously

"It's not a negotiating tactic."

"it's just what player managers have at their disposal"

How did you get this contradiction to work in your head?

"It's not a negotiating tactic."

"it's just what player managers have at their disposal"

How did you get this contradiction to work in your head?

Because Fremantle aren't going to be using that in negotiation. It's a complication from the Richmond end of the table. It only benefits Freo at all because it makes it more appealing to move him on and brings a cost to retaining him.

He signed the contract with Richmond, he is the one who needs to get the deal done.

Maybe it means he takes a whopping pay cut and Richmond pay some salary so Freo pay more in picks and don't have to pay a player for a couple of years.

Because Fremantle aren't going to be using that in negotiation. It's a complication from the Richmond end of the table. It only benefits Freo at all because it makes it more appealing to move him on and brings a cost to retaining him.

He signed the contract with Richmond, he is the one who needs to get the deal done.

Maybe it means he takes a whopping pay cut and Richmond pay some salary so Freo pay more in picks and don't have to pay a player for a couple of years.

So the club wont use it as a negotiating tactic, they'll just get the player's manager to use it as a negotiating tactic.

Yeah, that's totally different.

So the club wont use it as a negotiating tactic, they'll just get the player's manager to use it as a negotiating tactic.

Yeah, that's totally different.
Depends if they're in cahoots, which I'd like to think they aren't. I'd also like to think no club would be so obtuse to use mental health as leverage, but there's no denying that Richmond will have to consider it if Bolton brings it up. It may make them amenable to a trade, doesn't necessarily mean they have to take unders though.

Honestly, both teams have good reputations for trading fairly, doubt anyone gets ****ed over here, whatever happens.

Depends if they're in cahoots, which I'd like to think they aren't. I'd also like to think no club would be so obtuse to use mental health as leverage, but there's no denying that Richmond will have to consider it if Bolton brings it up. It may make them amenable to a trade, doesn't necessarily mean they have to take unders though.

Honestly, both teams have good reputations for trading fairly, doubt anyone gets ****ed over here, whatever happens.
I don't understand how Richmond can be so bad with so many players that have a trade value of 2 first round picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back