Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

why would brisbane do this?

How else do you think you will get enough points for Ashcroft and Marshall?

Ashcroft probably will be bid on at 2, Marshall somewhere around 25. Even with the discount you'll need 2500-2600 points for the 2 of them, and you currently have less than 1500 (and thats based on you finishing 5th, having a strong finals campaign and you'll need even more points)

How else do you think you will get enough points for Ashcroft and Marshall?

Ashcroft probably will be bid on at 2, Marshall somewhere around 25. Even with the discount you'll need 2500-2600 points for the 2 of them, and you currently have less than 1500 (and thats based on you finishing 5th, having a strong finals campaign and you'll need even more points)
getting points is the easiest thing ever. somebody will give up a bunch of junk picks for our current first. no need to involve our f1.

getting points is the easiest thing ever. somebody will give up a bunch of junk picks for our current first. no need to involve our f1.

Nowhere near enough to make up a 1,000 point deficit. You will almost certainly need to trade into this draft, either through trading players out (not sure what Robertson is worth being as he hasn't played a lot this year), or trading from next year into this one, or maybe a mix of the above.

Hahahaha came on here to see the Freo fans try to contort TPP to squeeze in $2.5m per year extra for Warner and Bolton and wasn’t disappointed.

Only way this makes any sense is for Richmond to take on >50% of Boltons wage and at that point you are looking at all 3 firsts….

If Freo get both Bolton and Baker, the Warner deal is dead, with rest of the TPP profile, that’s just not a reality.

If they only get one or use all their picks to make Richmond take $$$ it’s still up in the air.

I have a feeling Warner was the long term play and Bolton move has suprised them a bit with his availability after long contracts to key other plays.

Also if you do squeeze warner in next year it will be at cost of Brayshaw….. so everything has downside.

I have a feeling Warner was the long term play and Bolton move has surprised them a bit with his availability after long contracts to key other plays.
This is definitely what happened and I agree, if we get Bolton, to afford Warner in terms of capital, someone decent on decent coin will be going out. Doubt it's Brayshaw though given how much he loves the place

Bolton has nominated Freo.
Obviously the club has assured him they can get the deal done.

Interesting considering the coach has said he hasn’t even met him yet. Unless someone’s telling fibs?

This is definitely what happened and I agree, if we get Bolton, to afford Warner in terms of capital, someone decent on decent coin will be going out. Doubt it's Brayshaw though given how much he loves the place

Pity you didnt let darcy go this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need him

We've realised by now that we are boned without getting him fit
Yeah but is he going to get fit and stay fit? Thats a lot of cap spend on not much otherwise.

Yeah but is he going to get fit and stay fit? Thats a lot of cap spend on not much otherwise.
Well his extension starts from next year so we get to wait and see. Was never going to come into this year healthy after surgery, complications, surgery, no pre season. Still though, we were a much better team with him in it, and there’s no replacement for him yet.

Yeah Treacy and Darcy are both a good chance to play against the Cats...
1 week later
They didn't quite get up but they're both a good chance for this week against the Giants. Sean only just missed last week.
1 week later
Josh won't play. Sean has to get through training and we'll see. Nek minut -> In: Not Darcy

Yeah no, definitely take it on face value when JL tells you he hasn't met Shai.

We didn't take a R1 pick last year, we need to take one this year to stay within the rules for pick trading.

We could get away with it if one of the academy kids is a first rounder next year, but there's no guarantee of that.

The rule is drafting 2 firsts in the 4 years prior. For the 2024 trade period, that means 2020-21-22-23. Chapman-Erasmus-Amiss. For the 2025 trade period, we would still be within the rules with Erasmus-Amiss drafted in 2021.

Hahahaha came on here to see the Freo fans try to contort TPP to squeeze in $2.5m per year extra for Warner and Bolton and wasn’t disappointed.

Only way this makes any sense is for Richmond to take on >50% of Boltons wage and at that point you are looking at all 3 firsts….

If Freo get both Bolton and Baker, the Warner deal is dead, with rest of the TPP profile, that’s just not a reality.

If they only get one or use all their picks to make Richmond take $$$ it’s still up in the air.

I have a feeling Warner was the long term play and Bolton move has suprised them a bit with his availability after long contracts to key other plays.

Also if you do squeeze warner in next year it will be at cost of Brayshaw….. so everything has downside.
If Freo cant afford Warner next year theres another suitor that might be interested...

I very much doubt we're pricing ourselves out of a dude we've been chasing since like 2021.

Walls gets a bee in his bonnet about certain players (Clarke, Jackson) and doesn't let it go.
Bolton is available, do you pay for him, the guy you know you can get right now, or do you wait and potentially miss out on Warner leaving you with neither Bolton or Warner?

Im sure Bolton asking for a trade means Freo have agreed to make a play anyway, but its still something to think about

Bolton is available, do you pay for him, the guy you know you can get right now, or do you wait and potentially miss out on Warner leaving you with neither Bolton or Warner?

Im sure Bolton asking for a trade means Freo have agreed to make a play anyway, but its still something to think about
I've thought about it plenty.

I don't believe for a second that we'd just abandon Chad after putting that much work in because something shiny came up. I thought that before all the recent media talk about the level of power agents have. No chance they risk an agent relationship by backing out on something like that.

So either Chad to us isn't happening regardless of what happens with Bolton, or its still on (as in we are capable of facilitating it).

And I do agree that if it has gotten this far, we've agreed in principle to try and get Bolton.

Yes you are. The jump from 9th to top 4 or even premier is very feasible.

Also, Bolton is still 25 for a few months, 26 all next season, he's got a long while left that even if you challenge in 3-4 years he'll still be capable of elite footy, it's not like he's currently 29.
Do we get our money back if he doesn’t win us a flag next year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back