Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Would of taken care of your mob in Launceston, so yeah, finals for sure
Maybe. Personally I don’t think this guy will be the difference between making or not making a GF, I think guys like Pearce, Darcy and Treacy all fit will be the difference. Bolton would be a nice piece for you guys but I would be pissed if I was a supporter and you gave any more than one of your top 10 picks!

Maybe. Personally I don’t think this guy will be the difference between making or not making a GF, I think guys like Pearce, Darcy and Treacy all fit will be the difference. Bolton would be a nice piece for you guys but I would be pissed if I was a supporter and you gave any more than one of your top 10 picks!
Obviously by adding Bolton to their best squad which includes Pearce, Darcy and JT Freo become a contender. If Bolton played for freo for the last 6 weeks of the year, i think the would of won half the games they lost and been in it up to their eye balls right now.

If Bolton and Baker play for Freo yesterday, Freo win that game.
I have never seen a team fumble more than what they did yesterday.

Highest I've seen from an actual media outlet/person is the 2 firsts

A few of them say less than that

Only Richmond fans I've seen ask for 3 firsts or more than 2 firsts

Makes me feel pretty comfortable that 2 firsts will get it done in the end, obviously Freo fans want lower but I think 2 firsts is fine, will be interesting to see what comes back for those 2 firsts, would depend on which firsts they are, obviously 9 is a lock

Going to be people unhappy on both sides, means it will fall about right, just annoying we are out of finals, means this 6 weeks is going to feel longer, this thread gonna crack a shittonne of pages

I think it makes a difference. Our scoring is almost entirely on taking marks thanks to quick movement from the half back line. We have zero class at ground level, I think it's a not small reason why we can't actually score from stoppage. Bolton means we have an another actual goal threat which is what we need.

Having said that, Robbos reasoning above isn't all drunk ramblings. Tigers want what we have, picks, this isn't going to be a one way street thing and Bolton has his imperfections. If it's the best two picks I expect something decent to come back with him and I can see a world where 9 and 17 get it done (though I think unlikely)

Highest I've seen from an actual media outlet/person is the 2 firsts

A few of them say less than that

Only Richmond fans I've seen ask for 3 firsts or more than 2 firsts

Makes me feel pretty comfortable that 2 firsts will get it done in the end, obviously Freo fans want lower but I think 2 firsts is fine, will be interesting to see what comes back for those 2 firsts, would depend on which firsts they are, obviously 9 is a lock

Going to be people unhappy on both sides, means it will fall about right, just annoying we are out of finals, means this 6 weeks is going to feel longer, this thread gonna crack a shittonne of pages
Bang on.

From Robbo at the HS.

3. MUCH OF A MUCHNESS

Jake Stringer has kicked 42.25 from 23 games this year and Mick Malthouse believes the Bombers should flick him. Too inconsistent, Malthouse said. Shai Bolton has kicked 34.26 this year from 22 games and if he officially asks for a trade to Fremantle, Richmond will ask for two first-rounders. It’s out of whack for two players who play forward-mid.
Stringer has had a pretty good year, but his impact overall is a lot less than Bolton's, exactly Bolton has still kicked 34 goals & people have said he has had terrible year which he probably has by his standards.
It just shows how much talented he has with our team having some of the worst skills & entries in the league.

Last edited:
I am not saying Bolton was better, Neale was very good as an accumulator that lacked hurt factor, this was the same knock on him early at the lions, he then found another level and added goal kicking to his resume a bit more frequently.

That said, they are different players but add similar levels of importance.

Neale is the cake, you build around him, then when you are ready to challenge, you add the cherry on the top that you need to take the next step. You dont win flags without either type.

I hate sidetracking threads but misinformation I hate even more.

Neale averaged more goals per game for Freo than he does for Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still means he didn't add it to his resume though

What Neale did was go to a finals team and get some spotlight over East

Straight away he is a big recruit and has media attention, us Freo fans knew what we had
He won both his Brownlow's at the Lions though so it's fair to say he is a better player now.

He won both his Brownlow's at the Lions though so it's fair to say he is a better player now.
No its not. Its a lazy thing to say. Check the stats. I put them all some pages back.

And given he got 20 votes for Freo in a 4 win team (2016), he well and truly had is Brownlow ability long before he left.

No its not. Its a lazy thing to say. Check the stats. I put them all some pages back.

And given he got 20 votes for Freo in a 4 win team (2016), he well and truly had is Brownlow ability long before he left.
If don't think he has been a better player at the Lions you are just being hell biased.
It's freaking obvious to tell he has gone to another level since crossing.

Its not obvious otherwise there would be a large statistical discrepancy and there isn't.
Stats aren't everything, Shai Bolton's 2023 stats were better in a lot of areas than his AA 2022 for example. most people would say his 2022 year was a lot better.

I hate sidetracking threads but misinformation I hate even more.

Neale averaged more goals per game for Freo than he does for Brisbane.
Morro wouldn't have intentionally spread misinformation. He's just a stupid campaigner

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back