Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

GC trade 6 and 20
Richmond trade 39, 47 (Lombard points) and Rioli (pay full salary in 2025 and half in 2026)

Freo trade 9, 10, 17, 27
Richmond trade 20 + Bolton (front-end his contract and Richmond pay his full salary in 2025 and half salary in 2026)

Freo get a key piece of their premiership puzzle, paying lower salary, while keeping a 1st round pick to enable possible 2025 trades for Warner
Richmond get 2 mid-1sts, an upgrade on a late 1st, and a 2nd rounder as compensation for losing a 4-year contracted dual premiership player who's a star in the right team

Leaves Richmond with 27, 29, 41, and 57 to trade to Brisbane for 14
Freo and GC being ripped off.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

GC trade 13 + 20 for Rioli + 29 (GC uses pick 6 themselves; Rioli valued at pick 9)

Freo trade 9, 17 + 27 for Bolton, 20 + 39 (Freo keeps one of 9 or 10 for Bo Allan; minor pick swap to facilitate the Brisbane trade; Bolton valued at pick 6)

West Coast trade 23 for Baker

Pick 22 received for Jack Graham (band 3)

Brisbane trade 14 + 52 for 23 + 27

Leaves Richmond with 1, 9, 13, 14, 17, 21, 22, 41, 47, 52 to use or swap. I don't see any other trade partners in the top 10. Maybe St Kilda if they receive band 1 compensation for Battle.
Overs for Bolton (would leave out 27) and Rioli, but one of the fairer proposals so far.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No excuses. He doesn’t want to be there anymore. Pretty much every sensible journalist including one eyed Caroline Wilson says he ain’t worth two firsts. At worst for us its 9 & 17, but could be 9,27 and Erasmus who is a solid young inside bull at 189cm.

Richmond wants to clear the air for Yze and the new administration. You will find there is no way the club has intentions to hold him, despite the rhetoric publicly.
It doesn't matter that he is under contract for four more years. Would your opinion be the same if Caleb Serong, with four years remaining on his contract, expressed a desire to leave?

Would you let him go cheap while being under contract?

It doesn't matter that he is under contract for four more years. Would your opinion be the same if Caleb Serong, with four years remaining on his contract, expressed a desire to leave?

Caleb Serong wants to be here and will be the next captain. It’s different.

If Caleb showed the same demeanour onfield and wanted out..I would trade.

I haven't seen someone suggest a cheap trade for a talented but inconsistent player.

They play different roles, but I think if you ran a poll on the main board about each players value, most people would vote that Serong is more valuable. He is younger and far more consistent.

I want Bolton, he can be brilliant, he also misses easy shots, sometimes burns team mates going for the ridiculous and has had an up and down year. He is no where close to AA consideration. In a year where WCE and North have players in contention, the argument can't be made that it is just because he is in a poor team.

But sure, 2 firsts is a cheap trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering 6 weeks ago Freo were a lock for finals I can find it understandable that this trade would want to be kept under wraps
Don't remind me of those 6 hours I wasted Sunday cheering against Carlton 😒

Considering 6 weeks ago Freo were a lock for finals I can find it understandable that this trade would want to be kept under wraps
Also probably would've been anticipating having a lot later first round picks, rather than another top 10. A lot more confidence a deal will get done all of a sudden.

Yes he reports what Freo tell him to and he stays in their good books
Mate, you've got Ralphy gaslighting the footy world into thinking Baker is worth pick 10 every time he speaks.

Don't get upset at Rhino (who's WAY more likable than pretty much every journo and especially Ralph).

Mate, you've got Ralphy gaslighting the footy world into thinking Baker is worth pick 10 every time he speaks.

Don't get upset at Rhino (who's WAY more likable than pretty much every journo and especially Ralph).
Ralphy is a ********er pretend Richmond fan when it suits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back