Remove this Banner Ad

Ninety4

Senior List
Mar 10, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
SOUTHAMPTONFC
I will be bold and say that Melbourne and West Coast will make the 8. But out of the 3rd to 8th teams which one/s will not make the Finals in 2 00 5
Discuss.
I think that the Kangaroos and Richmond will drop out. Fremantle if they can find 1 grain of consistency and Brisbane should both make it into the 8.

I think Sydney will miss out on the finals this year if they lose to Fremantle this week at home. Sydney have a solid team across the board but the old saying "defence wins games" doesn't apply when you face talented midfields and forwards. Every team still needs to find a way to get the points on the board. I thought they played well against Carlton but they need to back up.

Fremantle and Chris Connolly are walking on a tightrope. I think that they will win 11 games this year and that might be enough to get them through this year. If they don't make the finals, Connolly must go. He is a great marketer but needs to wear his heart a bit more on his sleeve instead of blaming different areas of the ground for defeats.

St Kilda will also struggle to get into the finals but I think Grant Thomas has a very talented squad with a lot of depth. If all players are healthy, they can still press for a home elimination final this year.

Geelong have been great most of the year however a couple of losses in a row will have cast some doubt into their minds about top 4. They shouldn't worry...if they can get back into top gear and get the midfield chugging again, they may even catch Melbourne and get 2nd. They are a confidence team

Adelaide will drop away a bit, but they will still feature in the top 8. Neil Craig is my tip for coach of the year considering pre-season expectations were extremely bleak for the Adelaide Football Club. His passion for the club has reignited the careers of Ricciuto and Mccloud and when they go...they go. Even an old champion is still a champion.

Richmond can't miss out this year. In the past they have choked (eg 6-2 to start the year in 2003 only to miss out on september) but it won't happen. Even with Brown out for the season I think they have too much firepower at their disposal to choke. If the defence stays firm, the lowest they would finish is 7th.

im tipping Kangas and Sydney to miss out.

I think Sydney may make it because it such a tight year and i think they will get a t least 10 or 11 wins but i don't think they are a better side than sides out of the 8 such as Freo, Port especially are too talented to miss out on the 8 this year. Yes Port is struggling but they are starting to get back on track and Freo however badly inconsistent are such a talented list that is they miss the finals i will lose my respect for them.

Collingwood are going to be up there especially if they beat Melbourne this week. The kangas are surviving off their great start and are just waiting to drop out of the 8 yet again after a great start.

Hoola Hoops said:
Without Ottens that is a given ;)
actually we got someone rucking that rucks to our men so we dont need ottens to make the finals and our forwad line is strong enough without ottens so i dont see how ottens would make a diference, he might wamr the bench for when wayne campbell has his rest :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaky Top 8 teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back