Shattered

Remove this Banner Ad

naturally our chances of continuing on in the finals would have looked better than they had, if we'd beaten sydney. but if you come to terms with the idea that perhaps we weren't really a show for the premiership, getting beaten by only 5 points by sydney, in sydney, is a pretty good performance.

want solid pre-seasons by bower, hampson, and a few others...

It was truly sad to see Judd play the quarter of his life in the third only to undo all his good work with those horrible misses in the last.

Truly sad to see fail in so many finals, with no flags,

Wayne Harmes says hello

Im also so gutted because last years final and this years were LOST by us..... we actually had both games and we couldnt close them out - thats the worst feeling....

Depends which side of the fence you sit on, for me, the result was very good and no sadness whatsoever.

neil craig was sitting directly behind me writing notes. asked him who he was supporting to which he nervously laughed. i then asked him why his side was so shit for so many rounds and didnt get an answer :):D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Words can't describe it... Shattered doesn't even begin to cover it. In the end we tried hard but just didn't want to win. You don't miss goals, miss tackles and drop chest marks if you want to win finals. I think as a supporter I have been coaxed into this notion of being happy that the players tried but I'm no longer happy with that, we need to win these games and getting close just isn't good enough.

Can't agree with this. Skill errors don't mean they're not trying. From my vantage point at the ground, all the boys in blue tried their best.

It was a very even match. if we happened to be in front when the siren went then Swans fans would be picking out all the faults in their players. Just the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure if we'd have got up, all those mistakes would have been quickly forgotten.

Next year and beyond looks good to me. Go blues

none logged on, but yeh hopefully, these pie Wayne Kerr's are unreal....
It's the second year in a row we lose a final and apparently not a mod in sight. :rolleyes:

Did they think the trolls would take it easy on us? Seriously? :D

It's the second year in a row we lose a final and apparently not a mod in sight. :rolleyes:

Did they think the trolls would take it easy on us? Seriously? :D

Don't worry sherb we are gradually picking them off, but with the number of threads that have been opened since the game finished it is somewhat difficult to get to all the trolls at the same time.

Don't worry sherb we are gradually picking them off, but with the number of threads that have been opened since the game finished it is somewhat difficult to get to all the trolls at the same time.

Thanks MS, you;ll have a field day in this thread...:rolleyes:

Last year feels like it just happened yesterday and yesterday did happen yesterday. Fme. A Pie loss in the prelim will help get over it.
Next year better not happen again with another interstate team. Hopefully will be top 4 so there's 2 finals to try not to lose.

Last year feels like it just happened yesterday and yesterday did happen yesterday. Fme. A Pie loss in the prelim will help get over it.
Next year better not happen again with another interstate team. Hopefully will be top 4 so there's 2 finals to try not to lose.

Our inability to get the job done over the last 2 seasons reminded me a little bit of the mid '70s when we managed to go out in straight sets in 1975 & 1976 (minor premiers in '76), before losing the 1st Semi Final in 1978, after beating Geelong in the EF, leaving us with 5 losses out of 6 finals. We had a similar run in the '80s when we lost 4 consecutive finals in 1983/4/5. Of course following these finals droughts we went on to win a premiership (premierships after the mid '70s drought).

after leading at 3/4 time, i was very confident that we would hold on. we blew it last year so i was certain this year we wouldn't let it happen again.

then in that last quarter it just looked like we didn't know how to win, i guess the finals pressure was a bit too much for us in the end. Next year third time lucky :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shattered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back