Shaun Burgoyne cleared

Remove this Banner Ad

It was an accident. Nothing could be done about it. Anyone who suggests otherwise is just being stupid.

Personally thought he would get off. In that circumstance he was going in for a bump when a player was slung. He did not intend head high contact, and he hadn't time to prevent the bump from happening. Glad he got off and the Tribunal is showing some commonsense.

Complete and utter disgrace. The guy lines Hayes up and who knows what damage he could have caused to his neck. The tribunal is a farce.
problem here is you are saying it for all the wrong reasons.
if you actually looked at the game in terms of the laws in place and the conditions on the night(not the fact that it's port adelaide), you'd realize that it was an un-neccessary report.

What was Shaun Burgoyne trying to do then? the ball was wrapped. But he lined Hayes up and collected him high and could've caused serious injury.

Disgraceful decision

absolute disgrace, look at the footage, hayes could of been like caracella, the afl is a laughing stock, it makes me sick. this cant be tolerated, it has to be stamped out of the game

absolute disgrace, look at the footage, hayes could of been like caracella, the afl is a laughing stock, it makes me sick. this cant be tolerated, it has to be stamped out of the game

Are you insane? In was soaking wet, and it was raining. He did what he had to do to make a contest, but couldn't help the contact. You can't suspend people for accidentally doing these things.

If Burgoyne got suspended for an accident, THAT would be a disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the news coverage after giving evidence, JB said that he did not make contact with the head or neck, the tribunal with all of their slow mos etc obviously agreed, no case to answer.

What a joke, players head should be protected at all times. The tribunal is crap, its quiet obvious they look after interstate clubs.

LOL, now THAT is a joke! Are you new to footy or something mate?

Are you saying we should suspend players for accidentally making high contact?! In the pouring rain.

lol anyone that challenges thier report seems to get off!

You're absolutely right and I'm not laughing!:thumbsdown:

The tribunal of former footballers is far too soft these days. If you get games by the match review panel, you'd be mad not to go to the "footballer-friendly tribunal".

Allowing Goodes and Burgoyne to play this weekend after what they did is ridiculous.:mad:

LOL, now THAT is a joke! Are you new to footy or something mate?

Are you saying we should suspend players for accidentally making high contact?! In the pouring rain.
Hey peanut Port players have been during this for years, getting opposition players in packs with there knees or in the head.

You're absolutely right and I'm not laughing!:thumbsdown:

The tribunal of former footballers is far too soft these days. If you get games by the match review panel, you'd be mad not to go to the "footballer-friendly tribunal".

Allowing Goodes and Burgoyne to play this weekend after what they did is ridiculous.:mad:

No, posts such as yours are ridiculous. I will say it again - it was purely accidental and unavoidable given the conditions. You can't suspend players for accidents. Stop being so damn pathetic about it. If Burgoyne chose to take a "cheap shot", he could have done a lot worse I'm sure. Get over it.

Not much point, it's done. It's not like the AFL can credit him four games.

Coincidental that it's the same weekend that Johnno was allowed back.

As Port supporters we had to endure a similar decision with Pickett at the start of the 2005 preseason (got 6 weeks) and then watched week after week as others got off or got much more lenient penalties for incidents that looked the same. It virtually ruined Byron's career with us.

Can't recall Byron getting too much sympathy for his harsh judgement back then.

No, posts such as yours are ridiculous. I will say it again - it was purely accidental and unavoidable given the conditions. You can't suspend players for accidents. Stop being so damn pathetic about it. If Burgoyne chose to take a "cheap shot", he could have done a lot worse I'm sure. Get over it.

It might not have been intentional but was definitely reckless and/or negligent.

Face the facts, the tribunal has gone soft (not just this week) and this is the result of employing only ex-footballers to it.

As Port supporters we had to endure a similar decision with Pickett at the start of the 2005 preseason (got 6 weeks) and then watched week after week as others got off or got much more lenient penalties for incidents that looked the same. It virtually ruined Byron's career with us.

Can't recall Byron getting too much sympathy for his harsh judgement back then.
You better not be talking about the BEGLEY incident.

ANY credibility you MIGHT have had would go out the window if you are !!!

It might not have been intentional but was definitely reckless and/or negligent.

Face the facts, the tribunal has gone soft (not just this week) and this is the result of employing only ex-footballers to it.

It was not negligent, because of the conditions. It couldn't have been helped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaun Burgoyne cleared

Remove this Banner Ad

Back