Shaun Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

a few minutes thought, and a quick look at the list, has me in two minds. we might be better off trying to get a tapscott/cunnington or koby stevens at #10 and letting the kids develop together.

Id love to get him to North. Would offer Hale + a late round pick for him.

Those two sentences don't belong together. Hale and a first round pick, maybe. Hale and a late round pick, not even close.

Those two sentences don't belong together. Hale and a first round pick, maybe. Hale and a late round pick, not even close.

Yeah rofl mate, we're talking about a 27 year old midfielder who averages 16 touches per game, and a 25 year old ruck/forward, taken with a higher pick than Burgoyne, who has had a poor season but is still in his prime as footballer. Keep dreaming mate.

Yeah rofl mate, we're talking about a 27 year old midfielder who averages 16 touches per game, and a 25 year old ruck/forward, taken with a higher pick than Burgoyne, who has had a poor season but is still in his prime as footballer. Keep dreaming mate.

Can you just highlight the section of my post where I said Hale was better than Burgoyne and then cut&puste and email it to learntoread@theschoolforkidswhocantreadgoodandstuff.com.

All I said was that Burgoyne is a perrenial unerachiever, he has only had over 30 possessions 3 or 4 times in his career IIRC, and you are dreaming if you think you are going to get a first round pick for him at 27/28, let alone a first rounder and ruck/forward who is still only 25. Now lets get this straight, I don't rate Hale particularly highly, but I certainly don't rate Burgoyne either. He's had one good year, where he was a good player. Otherwise his impact has been sub par, and he aint getting any younger, so its not like he's going to get much better. However, if he wants to go, he wants to go, and you guys will take what someone's willing to give.

so true, have heard he is prepared to place himself in the PSD and walk, thats not the way to leave a club that has offered you plenty, suggests something is going down as there is much speculation in the corridors of footy clubs.

Yeah well, it wouldn't be the first time that its happened at that club either.

Was spoken about on SEN...so take it for what its worth...Has asked for a trade to a club that is in contention...clubs that where mentioned where ..HAWKS(whats new this year ), Cats,Saints....Swans also mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of Contract.

I'm sure Alastair Clarkson would know him from Port Adelaide days?

Tip to any AFL Club that seeks his services:Send him on holidays overseas so you can get him in the National Draft(A.K.A Josh Carr style leaving Fremantle)

geelong couldn't fit lovett into their cap. no way they could fit burgoyne imo. especially with GC likely to offer selwood a fortune next year.

the hawks will start to creep up on their cap in the next year or two as premiership stars start looking for just reward, too.

I doubt Burgoyne wants to leave because of money.

Yea, but players generally put money as a secondary consideration when they want to stay somewhere.

If he's on the move, and just wants out of the Power, you'd expect, within reason, money to be a massive consideration. Not saying he'd go to Freo if they threw bags of money at him, but if it was between, say, the Hawks and the Dogs, and one could offer him 15-20% more, it'd be a huge factor.

Would have thought the Hawks would want KPD's a bit more than another good mid. Not that he'd be a bad addition at all.

Burgoyne would add an extra element of class to our midfield. It would also permit Clarkson to leave Rioli as a permanent crumbing forward rather than having to run him through the midfield like this year. Rioli at the feet of Roughie and Bud would put the fear of God into rebounding defenders. Getting Burgoyne to the club could have a number of knock-on effects to the way we structure up in 2010.

I'm not so sure that a key defender is the top priority. I think the Hawks need a competent ruckman more because the Hawks gave away so many free gifts to our opponents due to boneheaded ruckmen. For mine, the order of priority should be:

1. Ruckman
2. Key defender
3. Silk midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaun Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back