the_pill

Senior List
Sep 19, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Man. UTD, Barcelona, Clippers.
Where is the boy looking at slotting in this years draft? Has great potential and has taken his TAC cup form into the championships by having a great game over the weekend. Does he have many negatives?

I still think he may be an Andrew Swallow type who slips alot further than he probably should. People frequently said Swallow was one of the premier mids who should easily go top 15.

Have to remember that Grigg was elligable and overlooked last year. Not too many go from undrafted to top-20.

Grigg will be an intriguing one. He is the classic example of a guy who would be marked 7/10 in every category. He doesn't have an obvious weakness, but he doesn't have a big stand-out weapon either. Be interesting to see if recruiters want the allrounder type or whether they want a bloke who has at least one out-of-the-box quality.

Weaver said:
Have to remember that Grigg was elligable and overlooked last year. Not too many go from undrafted to top-20.

Grigg will be an intriguing one. He is the classic example of a guy who would be marked 7/10 in every category. He doesn't have an obvious weakness, but he doesn't have a big stand-out weapon either. Be interesting to see if recruiters want the allrounder type or whether they want a bloke who has at least one out-of-the-box quality.

He could be one of those "good player in a good team" types, but may struggle to make an impact in a poor side.

tomthetiger said:
He has kicked a fair few goals in the tac cup this year however, thats got to stand out to recruiters doesnt it?

Playing in a dominant team as a 3rd and 4th forward has to be taken into account. He does snag a few but isn't super quick on the lead, nor is he that good in the marking contest.

He is probably a Simon Beaumont, Kasey Green type.

Actually reminds me a bit of Wayne Campbell. Campbell's only really stand out quality was his ability to read the play - other than that he was 7/10 in pretty much everything.

Weaver said:
Playing in a dominant team as a 3rd and 4th forward has to be taken into account. He does snag a few but isn't super quick on the lead, nor is he that good in the marking contest.

He is probably a Simon Beaumont, Kasey Green type.

Actually reminds me a bit of Wayne Campbell. Campbell's only really stand out quality was his ability to read the play - other than that he was 7/10 in pretty much everything.

Only seen him play on Sunday, but he seems like a very one sided player, only being able to kick on his left foot. Is that a fair comment? If so, that may see him fall down the order a bit.

Longy413 said:
Pavlich and Pettifer are two I can think of off the top of my head. But it is uncommon.

Lewis, Meesen and McQualter were all in the same draft and managed it after being overlooked.

Last year it happened to Bailey. Muston would have gone top 5 if not for his knee and was still drafted at 22.

It is uncommon, but i doubt recruiters hold it against them as long as they perform...

Hodge_is_God said:
Lewis, Meesen and McQualter were all in the same draft and managed it after being overlooked.

Last year it happened to Bailey. Muston would have gone top 5 if not for his knee and was still drafted at 22.

It is uncommon, but i doubt recruiters hold it against them as long as they perform...

It is not so much a case of them having to perform ... more a case if they weren't worth pick 60 one year, then they have to improve a lot to move up 50 spots.

Meesen and Bailey are ruckmen, not such a suprise. Muston missed his previous season as well so doesn't really count.

It happens of course, just rare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i agree the kid is a all round player, but his ball winning ability is out standing. and consistant best player. always over 25 touches and a couple of goals, although he gets tagged every game in TAC cup he still has the brains to get the footy and hurt teams, looks to have gone from 6/10 last year in everything to a 8/10 this year with his ball winning proberly higher. had very solid carnival getting his troops fired up early in the 1st game. showed that he can be a inside player which would help him in the eyes of recruiters. but not to have gone late last year there must be something else. would like to see him play in a crap team to see how he would stand up.where in the draft will he be likley to go?

I think second round is fair. Maybe early 2nd or so. He could go late 1st if someone needed a genuine ball winner. He looked very good in the SA game that I watched. He was absolutely everywhere.

could be a ryan jackson type? twice he was touted as being 3rd/4th round material, in the end got a rookie list spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaun Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back