Tigerland

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2004
NSW
AFL Club
Richmond
Pies and Dons set sights on Dal Santo
04 May 2005 Herald Sun

ESSENDON and Collingwood are mounting million-dollar bids for Brownlow Medal favourite Nick Dal Santo.
Both the Bombers and Magpies have told Dal Santo's management group Flying Start not to let the young Saint star commit to St Kilda until they have at least made an offer.
The Saints have moved swiftly in recent days to start negotiations for a new contract.
It's believed St Kilda could offer as much as $350,000 a year, while the bottom-of-the-table Bombers and Pies could blow that out of the water with a $550,000-plus carrot.
It's understood Essendon as late as yesterday inquired about the dynamic Saints midfielder.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Fancy Sheeds slagging us off a couple of years ago for having a crack at Soloman. Didn't he say something like Richmond were destroying the competition by trying to lure players from other teams?
How the worm has turned!

Its so bloody fickle isnt it? I am also enjoying the "sell Tarrant, how hopeless is Lloyd" stuff that is now being floated everywhere. About 4 wins ago that was all about one M. Richardson.

When you're down the bottom of the ladder you look up for answers.
One player won't fix either of those teams problems.
From memory Del Santo was not even a top ten draft pick - 12 or there abouts. Great recruiting by the Saints - hope he stays there. Hopefully they'll be talking about Meyer in the same vain in 3 years time.

Tigerland said:
04 May 2005 Herald Sun

ESSENDON and Collingwood are mounting million-dollar bids for Brownlow Medal favourite Nick Dal Santo.
Both the Bombers and Magpies have told Dal Santo's management group Flying Start not to let the young Saint star commit to St Kilda until they have at least made an offer.
The Saints have moved swiftly in recent days to start negotiations for a new contract.
It's believed St Kilda could offer as much as $350,000 a year, while the bottom-of-the-table Bombers and Pies could blow that out of the water with a $550,000-plus carrot.
It's understood Essendon as late as yesterday inquired about the dynamic Saints midfielder.

Fancy Sheeds slagging us off a couple of years ago for having a crack at Soloman. Didn't he say something like Richmond were destroying the competition by trying to lure players from other teams?
How the worm has turned!
I started a thread along these lines last year tigerland when they were linked with making overtures towards Scott West

I have totally lost respect for Kevin Sheedy and his hypocricy and his double-standards , particularily with his view that he has taken with his contract negotiations over the years with Essendon that he " Loves the Richmond footy club like a son "

The way he attacked the RFC and Greg Miller over the Solomon overtures were pathetic for mine and he has shown himself up to be not only a hypocrite but a bare faced liar .

Correct me if i am wrong but another one of his quotes from that stoush was " The Essendon Footy Club develops its own players and does not try and poach players from other clubs "

Who is wrecking footy now you lying hypocrite Sheedy ?

Instead of drafting and trying to recycle washed up hacks from other clubs ( See Alvey , Allen , Murphy , Zantuck , Haynes etc ) Try drafting some decent young talent as this is the self-proclaimed Essendon way , is it not ?

Bojangles17 said:
Id be moving right now to secure long term deals for many of our young guns , these buzzards are likely to be circling for some time, the likes of Tambo, Lids or Meyer would be ripe ..start negotiating

Why would they go play for a pensioner in sheedy and a loose cannon school teacher in malthouse???

Happy days ahead at punt road. :D

Bojangles17 said:
Id be moving right now to secure long term deals for many of our young guns , these buzzards are likely to be circling for some time, the likes of Tambo, Lids or Meyer would be ripe ..start negotiating
Further to that , i`d be getting Shane Tuck on a good contract , done more than enough to warrant it for mine

IDGAF said:
Further to that , i`d be getting Shane Tuck on a good contract , done more than enough to warrant it for mine

theres actually a few in this boat on 1 yr deals...Tuck, pettifer, not certain on shulz ...where TW wanted a bit more of a look...prob defer negotiations until R15 , history tells us what happens to performances when fellas sign midstream contracts, generally left with the p[roverbial all over faces

Tigerland said:
04 May 2005 Herald Sun

How the worm has turned!

Can someone who knows how to please put this on the main board, i would love to see the essendon fans try to defend him now.

IDGAF said:
I started a thread along these lines last year tigerland when they were linked with making overtures towards Scott West

I have totally lost respect for Kevin Sheedy and his hypocricy and his double-standards , particularily with his view that he has taken with his contract negotiations over the years with Essendon that he " Loves the Richmond footy club like a son "

The way he attacked the RFC and Greg Miller over the Solomon overtures were pathetic for mine and he has shown himself up to be not only a hypocrite but a bare faced liar .

Correct me if i am wrong but another one of his quotes from that stoush was " The Essendon Footy Club develops its own players and does not try and poach players from other clubs "

Who is wrecking footy now you lying hypocrite Sheedy ?

Instead of drafting and trying to recycle washed up hacks from other clubs ( See Alvey , Allen , Murphy , Zantuck , Haynes etc ) Try drafting some decent young talent as this is the self-proclaimed Essendon way , is it not ?
IDGAF great post.While I've always had respect for Sheedy's list managment ability but I to have lost respect for him as a man.Particulalry his claim as Richmond man.He is a Bumber through and through now.He doesn't give 2 ********s about us and on the contrary i suspect he reveals in seeing us wallow in our mediocrity.When his contract was up for negotiation just last year he didn't give us a 2nd thought.Bugger him I say.

I will take great pleasure in watching MIller ream him at the negotiating table any chance he gets.

Did anyone see the list of who is coming oyut of contract on Fox Footy last night? I was wrapped to see no Richmond key contracted player for a change. Its going to be a feding frenzy!

Fevola, Dal Santo, Jeff White, etc etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting to see sheedy reported on the footy show as saying they will make a play for big name players. tried hard to poach buddy franklin. so now that essendon is on the bottom its ok to go for other teams players kevin? you reek of hypocrisy :mad:

Sheedy is the MASTER MANIPULATOR. Lets be honest, we all wish we had of had Sheeds do for us what he's done for Essendon. No sour grapes, I respect him immensely and see more hypocrisy from most of you towards one of our most famous sons, in the end probably only behind Captain Blood. If we had of had our sh it together early enough maybe we could have got him back to Punt Rd instead of 25 years in the wilderness. He took Tiger know how and turned the basket case of the 70's into the powerhouse of the competition just as we all hope Wallace will do for us.

The White Tiger said:
Sheedy is the MASTER MANIPULATOR. Lets be honest, we all wish we had of had Sheeds do for us what he's done for Essendon. No sour grapes, I respect him immensely and see more hypocrisy from most of you towards one of our most famous sons, in the end probably only behind Captain Blood. If we had of had our sh it together early enough maybe we could have got him back to Punt Rd instead of 25 years in the wilderness. He took Tiger know how and turned the basket case of the 70's into the powerhouse of the competition just as we all hope Wallace will do for us.

This is an old thread - but I'll give you my 2 cents worth on Sheeds.
He was a great Coach - father time has caught up with him. He has been topping up his list with overated players that are past their prime - and he wants to do more of it - Aussie Jones ring a bell?

He will stay at Essendon until they get rid of him - give it 18 months. He will never Coach Richmond.

Sheeds lets ego get in his way. He doesn't like Wallace, Miller and Co.
He belongs on Grumpy Old Men - and that's about it.

He has a go at Richmond at every oppurtunity he gets - to compare him near Captain Blood is an insult of the highest order.

You talk as if we owe him something. Richmond don't owe him anything.

The White Tiger said:
Not in the same stratosphere TWT, and not many who are.

He's just trying to get the bummer fans juices flowing. Takes the attention away from current predicament (again!). Nobody wants to trade with EFC anyway........... woops I should have turned left!!!

Tigerland said:

This is an old thread - but I'll give you my 2 cents worth on Sheeds.
He was a great Coach - father time has caught up with him. He has been topping up his list with overated players that are past their prime - and he wants to do more of it - Aussie Jones ring a bell?

He will stay at Essendon until they get rid of him - give it 18 months. He will never Coach Richmond.

Sheeds lets ego get in his way. He doesn't like Wallace, Miller and Co.
He belongs on Grumpy Old Men - and that's about it.

He has a go at Richmond at every oppurtunity he gets - to compare him near Captain Blood is an insult of the highest order.

You talk as if we owe him something. Richmond don't owe him anything.
Your two cents is worth ZILCH. You are obviously a know it all which means you are 16 -21 years old. You say Sheedy was a great coach, wrong, fact is he still is, and is the most succcessful coach of his era and the last Victorian coach to win a flag. The fact that he does his job better than anyone else is a credit to him, and Essendon, in realising this. That is why Wallace has modelled himself on Sheeds, great for us. So what if he doesnt like Wallace and co, he's not paid too. In fact he's MANIPULATING YOU right now and has you posting regurgitated threads about Essendon's coach on the Richmond board. Sheedy is a FAMOUS son of Richmond (fact) that was the comparison to Captain Blood, this is not an insult. Ask any non Richmond person and they will mention Jack Dyer,Sheeds, and KB as great Richmond people. YOU are an insult to decent Richmond people who respect peoples contribution to our great club, your petulant little post is a disgrace. You say we owe Sheeds nothing, wrong again, he is owed the respect as a past player and the greatest coach of his era and the greatest ambassdor of our game. People like you and BENTLEIGH, who called him scum, are pathetic excuses for human beings, what have YOU ever ACHIEVED in football- ZILCH. HYPOCRITE!

The White Tiger said:
Your two cents is worth ZILCH. You are obviously a know it all which means you are 16 -21 years old. You say Sheedy was a great coach, wrong, fact is he still is, and is the most succcessful coach of his era and the last Victorian coach to win a flag. The fact that he does his job better than anyone else is a credit to him, and Essendon, in realising this. That is why Wallace has modelled himself on Sheeds, great for us. So what if he doesnt like Wallace and co, he's not paid too. In fact he's MANIPULATING YOU right now and has you posting regurgitated threads about Essendon's coach on the Richmond board. Sheedy is a FAMOUS son of Richmond (fact) that was the comparison to Captain Blood, this is not an insult. Ask any non Richmond person and they will mention Jack Dyer,Sheeds, and KB as great Richmond people. YOU are an insult to decent Richmond people who respect peoples contribution to our great club, your petulant little post is a disgrace. You say we owe Sheeds nothing, wrong again, he is owed the respect as a past player and the greatest coach of his era and the greatest ambassdor of our game. People like you and BENTLEIGH, who called him scum, are pathetic excuses for human beings, what have YOU ever ACHIEVED in football- ZILCH. HYPOCRITE!

Must say, I tend to agree with this sentiment. Nevertheless there is nothing uglier in the modern game than teams that try to poach players. The Ottens debacle stirred plenty of emotions - even those of our senior coach.

Sheedy does damage his reputation with behavior like this. He should do what we and the Hawks are attempting. A complete rebuild.

Darth_Tiger said:
interesting to see sheedy reported on the footy show as saying they will make a play for big name players. tried hard to poach buddy franklin. so now that essendon is on the bottom its ok to go for other teams players kevin? you reek of hypocrisy :mad:

I hope young rainsey is sign up soon. :eek:

The White Tiger said:

To rate him as second only to Jack Dyer in terms of famous sons of Richmond is an insult to Jack and to at least half a dozen others i can think of off the top of my head.

What sheedy is good at is covering his backside. He did it as a player and a coach (as well as a succesful coaching record). Look at his actions during this period - crossing from Prahran without a clearance - the style of play, effective as it was, was always about himself - never a renown team player (and yes i am old enough to have watched his playing career) and as a coach he has on numerous occassions used the "Richmond want me " line to squeeze for money out of essendon, whilst teasing us.

No Sheedy whilst being a dominant figure in the game is not "one of our most famous sons, in the end probably only behind Captain Blood."

turtle27 said:
Not in the same stratosphere TWT, and not many who are.
True, not as a Richmond great, but a famous Richmond son he will always be, that was my point. In fifty years time there will not be too many bigger names of this era than Sheedy. Give respect where its due is all im saying and any Richmond supporter that wishes we didnt have Sheedy the past 25 years is full of it. Who cares if he contradicts what he said any time in the past, and who goes where, his job is to win Premierships and that is what he does better than anyone else,fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy = Hypocrite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back