Sheedy sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm I’m wondering why I don’t see him as the messiah that everybody else around here does. Could be good I agree, but only if he really wanted to come.
Why are the bombers ditching him?

If i can throw up another view...

Do you think Sheedy still has it ?

Last few seasons he has been in charge of a average team.In which he recruited some strange players and kept some players which should have been delisted.

Plays favourites Bolton etc , which gets the Essendon faithful going.

I would hope that Cameron & Rick are currently on their way to the airport with cheque book in hand. Good thing Sheedy booked his kids into Aquinas all those years ago when he was coming to coach the birds.:D

I reckon the only thing that might cause Sheeds an issue is all the flying. Remember, he has been coach in a national competition for over 20 years and only flown a handful of times a year. This is a big step up.

Not a troll

What happens if Sheedy doesn't come over and Harvey goes to coach Essendon? Who do Freo look at?

Secondly, you are falling for the trap of "1 player / person" from the outside will completely fix our club.

And lets not forget who was next to hime for nearly 200 of those games. What will you think if he gets us in to the finals? Optimistic I know but seriously, would that change your mind or is it Sheedy no matter what.

And lets not forget who was next to hime for nearly 200 of those games. What will you think if he gets us in to the finals? Optimistic I know but seriously, would that change your mind or is it Sheedy no matter what.

For me the best person for the job is Sheedy, that wont change in my mind if we make the finals. It may in the minds of the people that matter (board) but it will also mean that Essendon will go after Harvey. He will chose them over us every day of the week in my opinion.

For me the best person for the job is Sheedy, that wont change in my mind if we make the finals. It may in the minds of the people that matter (board) but it will also mean that Essendon will go after Harvey. He will chose them over us every day of the week in my opinion.

Yep. I tend to agree, Harvey would love the job at the Dons but it might be easier to claim a shot at the title at Freo than Essendon short term.

Sheedy, Pagan, Blight, Ayres and Danniher all on the market...

Its a great time to be searching for a new coach!

Agreed with Harvey given the rest of the season, but one of those guys at the helm is mouth watering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I tend to agree, Harvey would love the job at the Dons but it might be easier to claim a shot at the title at Freo than Essendon short term.

If Harvey is after short term glory then Freo is a better choice than Essendon. However for a guy just starting his career i would think going to a club that has a record of sticking by their coach would be a smarter move. Especially when he is considered a legend at that club. Surely at Harveys age he isnt looking for short term glory.

Not a troll

What happens if Sheedy doesn't come over and Harvey goes to coach Essendon? Who do Freo look at?

Secondly, you are falling for the trap of "1 player / person" from the outside will completely fix our club.

1) Wrong, you are a troll

2) The best coach available

3) No we are not, troll. We need a permenant Head coach

Not a troll

That is a pretty likely scenario, so I am sure that Freo will have several candidates on the go. Freo will look at the best available, as will the other clubs looking for coaches. Pretty pointless question.

No one of note is saying recruiting Sheedy will mean instant success. It is the culture and experience he could bring to a club that needs an injection of both that is the draw card.

id like to think that Harvey would choose Fremantle over the bombers. He did play for Essendon a long time under sheedy and an assistant coach there but if i was Harvey or even Sheedy looking for a new club i would look at the current player lists. We (FFC) easily have the best list out of the 4 clubs with no senior coach.

1) Wrong, you are a troll

2) The best coach available

3) No we are not, troll. We need a permenant Head coach

Beat me to it. Well said.

Gotta take your hat off to an eagle supporter who can be bothered trolling us for wanting to get the best coach on the market. Pure class.

That is a pretty likely scenario, so I am sure that Freo will have several candidates on the go. Freo will look at the best available, as will the other clubs looking for coaches. Pretty pointless question.

No one of note is saying recruiting Sheedy will mean instant success. It is the culture and experience he could bring to a club that needs an injection of both that is the draw card.

It wasnt a pointless question Captain Pump. In fact im sure a few of us are thinking the same thing monkey worshipper is.

It wasnt a pointless question Captain Pump. In fact im sure a few of us are thinking the same thing monkey worshipper is.

It was pointless in the way he meant it i.e. "look at Freo putting all their eggs in the one basket hahaha".

Not a troll

Just a question??

You have your team set as West Coast but you called it "our" club like your a FFC supporter. Are you secretly a dockers supporter in disguise??

id like to think that Harvey would choose Fremantle over the bombers. He did play for Essendon a long time under sheedy and an assistant coach there but if i was Harvey or even Sheedy looking for a new club i would look at the current player lists. We (FFC) easily have the best list out of the 4 clubs with no senior coach.

Spot on Pistol...

Harvey, has time on his side to go back to Essendon, He looks like he loves Freo and the look in the players eyes confirm they are for him.

Its only one week, But i am on the Harvey bandwagon.
Have`nt seen the Dockers play that well for ages (vrs the crows).

It is a pointless question because it is one that is bloody obvious. If we cant get Harvey or Sheeds then we will look all the other coaches in the mix. Examples, Daniher, Pagan, Blight, Ayers, McKenna, Laidley, Longmire, Voss...etc etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back