Sheedy's article on 2010 Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

ralu

Team Captain
Mar 7, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I believe this could be one of the worst pieces of writing I have read. Don't get me wrong, Sheedy has been a wonderful coach and an icon of the game, but his article on Sunday was garbage.

- Firstly he thinks we don't kick enough goals. We may not have a superstar CHF but we have 10-12 players that can all kick multiple goals.

- Next he says we dont have superstar players and lack class. have a look at didak, swan, pendlebury and possibly heath shaw. How he says dane swan is not a superstar is outrageous. He is a gun and probably the 3rd best player iv seen at collingwood behind buckley and clement.

- then he went on to say the nathan buckley should still be running around for us and this could help us win. What a crock. Bucks body was shot and it would have been pointless to play on.

He may have a personal hate against us and our coach, but to say we cant win the flag due to class and past years is complete and utter rubbish.
Excuse my bias but I think his opinion was hardly justified.

Sheedy is a professional troll. Seriously the bit about only having 1 flag in 50 as if that somehow influences our chances in 2010 didn't tip you off?

Sheahan wrote a decent reply;

"Kevin Sheedy, writing in his Sunday Herald Sun column, has made the curious decision to join the throng that says Collingwood lacks the genuine class to win a flag.
Perhaps Sheeds and Co should spend more time watching Alan Didak, Heath Shaw, Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Harry O'Brien and Thomas."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...eam-or-nightmare/story-e6frf9ox-1225893673188

I like how he says we don't have a 'nobody' who can just pop up and kick 4 goals in a Grand Final.

His very premise in that regard is delusional. By his own writing, we are are a side of 22 'nobodies' - then he says we don't have any!

I didn't & even refused to read it.

Sheedy has tipped Collingwood 3 times this year in the Herald Sun. He is the biggest Collingwood hater there is.

Just sit back & enjoy his name being tarred with Essendon & it's current plight now.

I didn't & even refused to read it.

Sheedy has tipped Collingwood 3 times this year in the Herald Sun. He is the biggest Collingwood hater there is.

Just sit back & enjoy his name being tarred with Essendon & it's current plight now.

and Killing GWS for the AFL

FWIW, nobody knows more about NOT winning premierships than the supposedly “great” Kevin Sheedy. Four flags in 27 years as coach, but geez those four flags covered over some truly GREAT Essendon sides that did bugger all for long stretches of time.

Everybody forgets the lamentable coaching efforts either side of those years.
What were Essendon from 1986-1992? What were Essendon between 1994 and 2000? What were Essendon from 2002-2007?

Consistent Disappointments.

Also, on Sheedy’s watch, he presided over the biggest finals choking of all time (The scum losing to Carltank in 1999 PF)

I think Sheedy is wrong, Collingwood REALLY look like the real deal to me.
If they can avoid Geelong (and a full strength Hawthorn, Collingwood’s usual bogy side) before Grand Final day, they are in with a huge shot.

Collingwood’s 22 is ridiculously strong right now.
In the past, their bottom 8-10 players have been really ordinary, with the likes of O’Bree, Richards, Fraser, Wood, Anthony, Lockyer etc being rubbish performers in the finals.

This year that is absolutely NOT the case. Sidebottom, Beams, Leigh Brown, Goldsack, McCaffer, Dawes – man, they are a good bottom six players. Leigh Brown has come on astonishingly, which is traditionally the sign of a bloody good coach...

I do NOT want to run into a Collingwood side with Swan, Dingleberry, Thomas, Didak, Davis, Ball, Jolly, Shaw, O’Brien and Maxwell all up and about.

The pies can win it, seriously.

Also, how dare Sheedy bring up Grand Final surprise packets.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? Most of Collingwood’s list has more talent than Shane Ellen and Paul Barnard. A surprise packet is a surprise, dingbat.
Hindsight, moron.

Retire, old flog. Your time is finished. Go away quietly. You don't know what you are speaking about. You got sacked from Essendon because your game style was old, you were slow on game day and you could no longer keep up with the changes in the game. If you need more proof of your failures at Essendon post 2000, watch them play today.

West Sydney are propping you up for one year only, because they know that they will be no good in year one, and they cynically want to use you for your undoubted abilities to pump up the sport. They know your coaching days are gone forever.

In the words of Dr. Evil, nobody likes an aging hipster. I hope the pies bite your predictions in the arse, and then rub it in your face 1990 style.

PS - I am a hawk fan, but i love the pies too! Good Luck for the rest of 2010

The best response was Shane Crawford on the Sunday Footy Show when they brought up the Sheedy article - "HE'S LOST THE PLOT!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still smarting from when Mick's mum gave him the short shrift at that function in WA recently.

Totally insane and is ready to be committed to Daffodil Meadows Retirement Village.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? Most of Collingwood’s list has more talent than Shane Ellen and Paul Barnard. A surprise packet is a surprise, dingbat.
Hindsight, moron.

great call, I am sure even their coaches wouldn't have expected them to do what they did in those grannies, found it strange considering Beams & Sidebottom have both kicked bags of 4 or 5 in games & Beams was against Geelong

What's the fuss? I want every media outlet to write stuff like this. Just keep playing us down, fine by me :thumbsu:

No - because it was so far off the beam that media types are standing up for us and we're coming under more scrutiny.

So bloody mean-spirited!

I wonder whether there is enough flair......

You’ve got to have the players who will win the game when it’s tight and there’s a kick in it. .......Sometimes there’s one player that might win or lose it for you. In Hawthorn’s case it was Stuey Dew.

But you need superstars and I’m not sure whether Dane Swan is a superstar. He is a hell of a good player and a terrific, gutsy, ripper, heart and soul player. But he’s no Buckley, Voss, Bartel or Ablett

And then this shite:

History tells you that one premiership in 52 years means it’s not going to happen again any time soon.

What about Geelong? No flag in 48 (?) years didn't stop them.

Load of rubbish!:thumbsdown:

Why are we giving this narcissistic old fool the time of day. He is an egomaniac and all everyone is doing is fueling it in every article he has written this year it always comes back to what he did at essendon and what champion players HE made BLAH BLAH. I see the words Kevin Sheedy written a top an article and I move on I suggest everyone else do the same.

sheeds should devote more time in the media to dissecting just exactly how he destroyed ess's list during his last few years in charge. names such as ty zantuck, justin murphy, mathew allan, richie cole, spring readily to mind just off the top of my head

when he's finished that dissemination, he can turn his attention to explaining how he managed to win only one flag in the 99-01 seasons when he had at his disposal one of the great lists. i still recall the ess arrogance on prelim final day in 99 when they basically thought they just had to turn up to beat carl. now, i am not one to generally take joy from a carl victory but that day was a notable exception. the camera shot of the ess coaching box shortly before the final siren as carl surged forward and ess realised they'd lost it is one hell of an image

it is hard to believe he is getting paid to write the sort of tripe that was contained in the article printed yesterday. all such articles does is show how out of touch he is with the modern game and accentuate the need for someone such as choco or dean laidley to be sent an SOS by the afl anf get them up to GWS quick smart ebfore sheeds has any real imapct on the development of their initial list

I smell fear. Keep making excuses Sheeds, you bitter, twisted old fogey!:thumbsu:

And it always makes me laugh people go "well Collingwood can't win the flag because they've won 1 premiership in 50 years!" What has our past got to do with our present and our future? Just because something has happened in the past doesn't mean it will continuously happen forever.

People that use these excuses are scared that Collingwood could win a flag. They don't want it to happen so they make shit up to try to reassure themselves. It happens all the time, and I just laugh in their faces when they do it.

CARN THE PIES!

Sheedy should remember the 1990 gf before he thinks about writing articles like that.

Is it just me or do Hathorne fans hate us the least, i have never met a hawks fan who hates Collingwood and there are hawks fans on our board writing nice comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy's article on 2010 Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back