Sheedy's article on 2010 Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or do Hathorne fans hate us the least, i have never met a hawks fan who hates Collingwood and there are hawks fans on our board writing nice comments.

Good Question and I do think you are right most of them even Support us a Bit but hardly have a go at us and also Doggie fans seem to be okay with us

History would suggest you can't win a flag! What kind of crackpottery is that? The logic of someone entering 2nd childhood.

By that logic Geelong shouldn't have won in '07, because they hadn't won since 1963 and had lost every (5) GF appearance between '63 and '07.

Swans shouldn't have won in '05 since their last GF victory was in 1933, with losses in every subsequent GF in 1934, '35, '36, '45 and '96.

St Kilda, bloody hell. Only appeared in 6 and won their only in '66 V the Woodsmen. Have since lost in every appearance - '71, '97, '09.

If Sheedy's hare-brained 'historical' logic meant anything, Cats shouldn't have won in 07, Swans in '05, nor should the Saints win now.

Medication time old-lady.

I can't say I agree with much of it at all.

Not going to go through his points individually but I think it is fair to say Collingwood is well ahead of where he thinks we are.

I'd like us to draft a Mitch Duncan type player who can fit in and play right away.

I'd also like us to take a chance on Ryan Crowley or Mitch Morton at the end of the season if we can possibly trade into either of them. James Sellar is another who could possibly be an option but more in the depthwise Leigh Brown way.

The old fool constantly contradicts himself in the article.

Starts at having a crack at Mick, and finishes by having a crack at the pies 'modern' history.

The blokes is an a-grade knob.

He is the one responsible for the current state of the Essendon list as he constantly topped up to inflate his own ego and see the dons hang on and limp into the finals.

More confident than ever that the pies are on the right track now!

Soak it up people, soak it up. This is nothing to get upset about. You know that the Pies are up and about and in with a real chance when you see tripe like this. You can smell the fear in Sheedy's words. A lot of people genuinely hate us, Sheedy included. All it does is makes the final victory even sweeter when you can rub it in the faces of all the detractors.

Soak it up people, soak it up. This is nothing to get upset about. You know that the Pies are up and about and in with a real chance when you see tripe like this. You can smell the fear in Sheedy's words. A lot of people genuinely hate us, Sheedy included. All it does is makes the final victory even sweeter when you can rub it in the faces of all the detractors.

Agree. If anything I think Sheeds is giving his old mate a hand by firing a shot at our team. Great fuel for MM to throw on the fire when we take on the Cats and for the finals.

It's a very poorly written and poorly reasoned article.

The flaws have been well pointed out in previous posts.

The annoying thing about it is that Sheedy knows that he has more of a chance of being right that the Pies wont win the flag, than of being proven wrong. This is simply due to the fact that we are not odds on to win the flag at this stage of the year, in other words we are more likely not to win it than to win it.

He could write similar such articles about all 5 or 6 teams that have some chance of the flag and be right in nearly all of them (bar one of course).

The thing that really stinks about the article is that it makes absolutely no sense and is contradictory.

Sheedy has always lived in a make believe world where only he can unearth the hidden gems and throw some magical move that results in gold from a good ordinary player (Barnard, Duckworth etc).

Something nags at me reading it and I'm sure that it's because once again I think Sheeds is attempting to make his own coaching record look better in comparison and it is all a backdoor approach to pat himself on the back.

All i can say is that GWS will be totally town booted if that leave this egotistical old fool in charge.

Sheedy is a professional troll. Seriously the bit about only having 1 flag in 50 as if that somehow influences our chances in 2010 didn't tip you off?
That is exactly what I thought. He actually said that Collingwood has won only one premiership in 52 years, which is wrong anyway! Collingwood has won two premierships in that time, as much as Sheedy would prefer to deny that 1990 ever occurred. That comment was nothing more than a troll that is expected from a 15 year old on BigFooty, and it perfectly sums up his biased anti-Collingwood stance. To suggest that Buckley without the aid of hamstrings, should still be playing is ridiculous. Sheedy is a grumpy old out of touch nut who thinks that Richard Cole and Scott Camporeale, amongst a number of others, were good players.

He also goes on to mention that premiership teams need six stars, but then mentioned only four that Hawthorn had in 2008. Which is it then? Dane Swan, Alan Didak, Scott Pendlebury and Heath Shaw are stars, and the team has more of them than Sydney did against the more fancied West Coast in 2005, and they almost beat them again the following season as well! There are at least fourteen Collingwood players that would be in St.Kilda's best team, but only about six St.Kilda players could be in Collingwood's best team, but he is incapable of the simple premise that a team is good as it's last players picked each week, and not the first.

This is close to the most unprofessional rant I have ever read in a newspaper article, with the exception of maybe one or two from Aker, and every point he made is flawed, even the ridiculous notion that he based his opinion on one match against Sydney. What a joke. Firstly, it was the week following the bye, and St.Kilda weren't much good against Sydney in Round 1, and Geelong has played worse than Collingwood did that night as well this season. Collingwood did kick poorly and won by 3 goals and 7 behinds, which should have been more, but I didn't see anything in that match that showed Collingwood are incapable of winning the premiership. I have seen more boring games involving St.Kilda though. He is an idiot.
Sheedy is an Old Fool said:
History tells you that one premiership in 52 years means it’s not going to happen again any time soon.
Ha ha ha! Yeah good one Sheeds. Not only are you wrong, but it has no bearing whatsoever of course. You look and act like you're 100 years old, but this comment is expected from a 15 year old. :rolleyes:

Well I'm in the minority here but I thought it was just a bit of sensationalism by Sheeds. I actually had a chuckle, he is just trying to create news that indirectly promotes GWS & rivalries/interest down the track.

bulldogs - working class similar to us
Hawks - located next to us on the other side of the yarra, but not close enough to develop the intense rivalry such as we have/had with Carlton / Fitzroy, etc.

I know when my family moved into kew (when I was young) I had to choose between Hawthorn and Collingwood. I only chose Collingwood because it was a 30mins public transport from the family home to victoria park. I might have barracked for hawthorn if they were playing games at Glenferrie oval.

Well I'm in the minority here but I thought it was just a bit of sensationalism by Sheeds. I actually had a chuckle, he is just trying to create news that indirectly promotes GWS & rivalries/interest down the track.
His recent comments, now getting a bit of response, will give the Sydney ARL media a sniff of blood which will in the end create a little "our GWS coach is giving it to those Vic coaches" repartee, which in turn will garner some support for GWS, if only on "better ours than theirs" grounds.

Still I wish he'd stfu.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets just remember that Kevin Sheedy is the bloke who thought Ty Zantuck, Scott Camporeale, Chris Heffernan and Richard Cole were good pick ups.

He said Laycock & Bradley will be sensational players too. Meh???

He has a clear dislike for MM, probably jealousy.

It means we are on the right track and Sheedy is getting nervous.

I loved Grant Thomas one word description of Sheedy 'Mirrors'. A great ability to deflect the blame to other people.

"Knights is the best coach Essendon has had in the last 6 years" Mick Malthouse. haahahahahaaa.

I think a fair bit of that article stems from sour grapes.

In all honesty, knowing Sheedy, I'm betting it's a veiled attempt to get the best out of Collingwood so they DO win the flag.

Why? You might ask.

Sheedy is the only coach with the honour of having coached the opposition in Collingwood's only flag in the last 50 years. You think he still wants that tag? It haunts him to this day, trust me.

He wants that mantle taken off him quick smart.

Writing this article is a win/win for Sheeds. If MM doesn't get a flag in the next 2 years, Sheeds was right, if Collingwood DOES win, he'll happily wear the egg on his face because it will now be Lyon/Clarkson/Thompson who wear the dreaded label Sheedy now wears.

I figure this is the reason simply because 90% of that article is either factually wrong, or makes no sense.

You apply MY theory to it, and it adds up a little better.

We should all be thanking senile old Sheeds for this article...no doubt it is right now draping the bedroom walls of every Collingwood player as further motivation for the finals.

I think he's just being cunning and following his agenda, which is to create real emotion in GWS population about footy. If it's just a new club playing the other code, that will create luke-warm interest but if you get them rev'd up with traditional collingwood hatred and things like that they'll hopefully get a lot more involved and the club and attendances will be a lot better - although Collingwood hatred seems to happen automatically anyway for some reason but he might be trying to speed it up. I think he's just trying to get the locals involved in AFL culture as well as just the game itself. he'll probably also try to stir up rivalry with the sydney team on some sort of cultural grounds, eg GWS are honest working class and Sydney are inner city trendy snobs (a bit like how they call Melbourne supporters chardonnay sippers here), that sort of thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy's article on 2010 Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back