Certified Legendary Thread Shhhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhhhh

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is that implying he will play round 1 for the extra height needed down in defence?

Much talk about young Ryan Schoenmakers on the Hawthorn Board of late.

He is injured; without going into specifics, his ankle is playing up, and is having/had injections into it. Should be right for round 1, but the Club didn't want to risk him with the travel or in the seconds.

Thanks Shhhh - too early in the season to risk him :thumbsu:

So is that implying he will play round 1 for the extra height needed down in defence?

I reckon you are on the money Atch.
If Tippett and Walker were both playing round one I would have thought he would have almost been a certainty to play.
Now with Tippett definitely that might change things a bit.

As always Shhhhh you come through with the goods.

My 2 cents worth on Cobler is that he still needs time in the seconds. Just not good enough for AFL level yet. I cringe every time he gets the ball in the back half because you know the ball is likely to be a turn over or a nothing pass.

As always Shhhhh you come through with the goods.

My 2 cents worth on Cobler is that he still needs time in the seconds. Just not good enough for AFL level yet. I cringe every time he gets the ball in the back half because you know the ball is likely to be a turn over or a nothing pass.

He's not good enough?

Why not give a young, key position player a chance to gain fitness, settle into a position, and grow into his body, and get over injuries before we write them off?

Blind Freddie could see that he was carrying a leg injury in Perth. He was struggling to get out of a fast walk. No idea why he was selected.

Before I make a judgement I'll have a cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down.

zzzzzzzzzz

Blind Freddie could see that he was carrying a leg injury in Perth. He was struggling to get out of a fast walk. No idea why he was selected.

Before I make a judgement I'll have a cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down.

zzzzzzzzzz

now your going back a ways. :p

You made me mentally jump there Hodge2NormSmith.
Shhh IS the horses mouth.

Shame he has been quiet lately. I guess there has been nothing to say...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Egan said Saturday night's game would be an emotional time as he joined former team-mates in remembering Richmond's 1982 Norm Smith Medallist Maurice Rioli, who died in December 2010.

Rioli's brothers John and Cyril Rioli II will toss the coin.

From here:
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8250889

Unless Cyril Rioli II isn't our Cyril?

Edit: oops, forget that I guess it's his father, since it says brothers. Teach me to skim read.

Shhhhh spotted Ben Stratton on the training track this week doing his best flamingo impersonation(balancing on one leg), to strengthen nerves, while catching a tennis ball from one of the fitness staff.

Proprioception work. Important for balance. Sends messages from effected body part to brain. Its important that your internal sensory systems develop before strength work.
eg balance can be affected after in this case a reconstructive surgery,the messages not getting to the brain cause you to jump as your body is uncertain where the leg is positioned.The movement causes the signals to activate the sensation accurately again and balance is restored.
The tennis balls are just to add distraction to the mind while the body and mind are trying to synch.
Benny on track..... :thumbsu:

Thanks Roswell, that's a great insight into what has to happen when recovering from an injury. It made more sense at ~3pm today than it did at 3am last night, too :)

@TD,
Great news :thumbsu:

I don't really know a lot of posters here and whether their word is gospel... but is the rumour on Stratton possibly true? I'd written him off with a heavy heart... if that's not the case, well I'd be over the moon :)

It's best not to have too high a expectation, to be honest. He's got a fair bit of work ahead of him at the moment and depending on how it all goes his return is anyones guess.
One thing is for sure though, he won't be rushed back in. He's valued very highly at the HFC.

It's best not to have too high a expectation, to be honest. He's got a fair bit of work ahead of him at the moment and depending on how it all goes his return is anyones guess.
One thing is for sure though, he won't be rushed back in. He's valued very highly at the HFC.

and rightfully so, the guy is a star! Fingers crossed for Stratts, excellent news to hear he is already out doing exercises, sounds like solid progress to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back