Certified Legendary Thread Shhhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhhhh

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An update on Jarryd Roughhead.

Yes, he was in hospital. An infection is nothing unusual, we all get them and it is not a complication to his operation. Relax.

.. good because i do know of a former great Australian athlete who had the operation and it became gangrenous. This was twenty - thirty years ago - I am sure methods have improved.

Thanks for the update, I almost fell out of my seat when I heard there were 'complications'... :eek:

Besides, I have Roughie picked with Max Bailey in next year's SuperCoach Basketball Dream Team. :) And if there isn't one, dammit, why not?! We'd kick butt... if it wasn't for those damn refs who obviously hate our club.

Franklin looked good at training. Shhhhh expects to see him line up.

Hardly news, but comforting that the demise of our star forward has been greatly exaggerated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the perfect replacement coached his team to a perfect season in the VFL this year.

facebook_like_button.jpg

I think we gain more by bringing in a hungry young assistant with aspirations for a senior role and with a background in a successful football culture.
Clubs can get a bit too incestuous appointing former players as coaches. Certainly Gary Ayres has had considerable experience coaching away from Hawthorn but I can't help feeling we would be trying to turn back the clock. We should also take into account that Ayres was in contention for the senior coaching role before the Dunstall forces (and sanity) prevailed.
Somehow, I get the feeling the Ayres/Clarkson chemistry may be a bit explosive.
I would prefer to look for the next Chris or Brad Scott and at the same time I hope Gary Ayres gets another crack at a senior role elsewhere.

Would we look at Mark Harvey as an assistant

here was a guy who always played on bigger and taller opponents in his career and spent the last 4 years of his career holding down Centre half Back playing in the best.

Might be a perfect fit with our smaller defenders.

(The coaching panel changes probably deserve a new thread, but...)
Do people rate Harvey?
Certainly a hard bastard who gave Freo an edge they never have, but @ Ess I always thought he was part of the Walils/Barnes/MJ boys club and not much more... @ Freo he brought them all across then they went one-by-one.

Would we look at Mark Harvey as an assistant

here was a guy who always played on bigger and taller opponents in his career and spent the last 4 years of his career holding down Centre half Back playing in the best.

Might be a perfect fit with our smaller defenders.

Limerocks.....you must have rocks in your head.
Given the history there is no way Hawthorn would have Harvey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back