Opinion Should Betts play on in 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

100%.
Selection integrity doesn’t exist - no wonder players won’t play for Teague. Can you imagine Clarkson giving the likes of Murphy & Betts such an arm chair ride to “milestone games”.

Lenny Hayes played 297 games - do you think it hurt his legacy he didn’t get to 300?

No but I can imagine Clarkson carrying Burgoyne to 400 because it happened this year.

I’ve very much been in the camp that Murphy should not have been carried to 300 as he has barely contributed anything positive this season, less so Betts however who has been at least ok in some games but probably not that great overall this season.
Betts should retire at the end of this season.
Murphy isn’t even up for debate. He goes.

I'm not going to be upset either way, but I'm still sticking with my earlier call of yes.
As long as he knows he's not guaranteed senior games and is happy to take on a mentoring/teaching role in the VFL to show his replacements how to go about it.
Great leader, great clubman, great for morale. If he can make the VFL side better, the players around him better, add pressure for spots in the seniors and be a break glass in case of emergency player, then I honestly don't see the harm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back