Should Gay AFL Players come out?

Remove this Banner Ad

What a moronic statement to make. There are plenty of examples where gays feel they have additional rights over heterosexuals. Much in the same way that reverse racism operates.

Agree, it's really tough to be a straight white male in this world. I don't know how we cope with all the discrimination we receive daily. :rolleyes:

Seconded.

Thirded.

Related to this, I heard Penny Wong say she used not to like being called the first (Asian, or first gay woman) to ahieve things, but then she realised what it meant to younger people to see the possibilities for their lives in a different way. Obviously it's harder for a guy in his twenties to reach the same point, but maybe an ex-player will take the positives and negatives of being the first publicly gay AFL figure and make it much easier for players after him to be okay with being the second, third and so on.

Yeah, I am always being called a dirty pussy loving hetero on the footy field... it's terrible.

Get your hand off it fool.

I wouldn't mind being called a dirty pussy loving hetero actually. Because it's true. I take pride in it.

In fact, I would even say "Thank you, and hell yes I do."

Why would a gay person feel any different? If they actually do love dick, then why would it be so insulting for someone to point out the obvious?

It's only seen as an insult if you're somehow ashamed of loving the penis. Otherwise, why else would it be a bother?

Seems to me that it's another case of "I love to feel oppressed about anything I can think of"...

People get called all sorts of shit these days, things that are actually derogatorally false (skank, goldigger, cougar, arseh*le) - yet there are no righteous groups for that.

I wouldn't mind being called a dirty pussy loving hetero actually. Because it's true. I take pride in it.

In fact, I would even say "Thank you, and hell yes I do."

Why would a gay person feel any different? If they actually do love dick, then why would it be so insulting for someone to point out the obvious?

It's only seen as an insult if you're somehow ashamed of loving the penis. Otherwise, why else would it be a bother?

Seems to me that it's another case of "I love to feel oppressed"...

People get called all sorts of shit these days, things that are actually derogatorally false (skank, goldigger, cougar, arseh*le) - yet there are no righteous groups for that.

Reminds me of the Saudi guy in Homeland who says "I love ****. Yummy yummy yummy!"

Not in the media they shouldnt.
They should feel no obligation to hide it from their team mates or anyone else.

You dont get straight footballers calling media conferences to announce that they are attracted to the opposite sex, and so neither should gay footballers.

The best way for them to show the world that they are proud of who they are is just subtly drop hints to the media like,

"My boyfriend and I enjoyed a lovely dinner before the match to celebrate our anniversary" ... or "It will be an interesting matchup for us this week as I will be excepted to be very tough on my bf" or just have them as their Brownlow date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Gay AFL Players come out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back