Should the 'doosra' be banned?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think it should, it seems the only way to bowl a 'doosra' is to throw it, I think the 'doosra' should be chucked out of cricket.

Doesn't take Einstein to work out that a lot of the bowlers reported in the past couple of years have been off spinners

And quite a few of them know how to "bowl" the doosra

The game has a genuine problem with the art of off spin and the legality of it, because of all these chuckers coming through who think that the only way they can survive at international level bowling off spin is to chuck out doosras

if shane warne bowled the doosra u aussie would be say is perfectly legal becuase the doorsa is bowled by opposition countries and is a concern becuse murli bowls it super n u aussie are just ********ting ur selfs . u guys should stop been one minded and look positive at the game

go india :p --- personaly i would want a bowler who is reportly a thrower of the bowl then a cheater drug taker ie warne

If Murali/Harbhajan bowl the doosra, and straighten their arm by more than fifteen degrees, it should obviously be banned for them or anyone who breaks the rules.

If they do it at less than fifteen degrees, they shouldn't be banned.

It isn't rocket science.

This 15 degrees nonsense was tailored around Murali because he bowled with 14.9 degrees flex in his arm during tests at the Uni of WA, but his tested deliveries were significantly slower (20kmh plus) than he bowls during a game.
Can anyone remember if Saqlain Mushtaq's doosra looked legit?

The Doosra is a perfectly legitimate delivery as long as it is bowled with a proper action.
It is simply the off-spinner that goes the other way.. it just happens Muralis and Bothas Suss actions give it a bad name.

playaplaya said:
if shane warne bowled the doosra u aussie would be say is perfectly legal becuase the doorsa is bowled by opposition countries and is a concern becuse murli bowls it super n u aussie are just ********ting ur selfs . u guys should stop been one minded and look positive at the game

go india :p --- personaly i would want a bowler who is reportly a thrower of the bowl then a cheater drug taker ie warne
Warne does have a Doosra..... The Googly is his Doosra.. or the ball that spins the oposite way to the regular spinner he would bowl.. And it is Perfectly legal because he doesn't have a dodgy action like most who bowl the doosra do..

Locky said:
Warne does have a Doosra..... The Googly is his Doosra.. or the ball that spins the oposite way to the regular spinner he would bowl.. And it is Perfectly legal because he doesn't have a dodgy action like most who bowl the doosra do..
i can revolutionise the game.
should i or shouldn't i?

big buddy38 said:
This 15 degrees nonsense was tailored around Murali because he bowled with 14.9 degrees flex in his arm during tests at the Uni of WA, but his tested deliveries were significantly slower (20kmh plus) than he bowls during a game.

Funny that.

From memory, it took a query from a journo observing the test to even get a speed gun brought in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The doosra shouldn't be banned, rather all suspect actions. ie if a player can't bowl the doosra legally then he should be told that if he bowls it there's a high chance he will be no balled (unless of course he does it legally).

The ICC made a huge mistake by not banning Murali. They've set a precedent that will be hard to go back on with people like Botha who bowls a few illegal deliveries.

meh said:
Dan Cullen has a doosra and i dont think he chucks it.

I'm pretty sure his doesn't spin dramatically and uses his fingers instead of his wrist like most of the guys in question.

Mikes4 said:
I'm pretty sure his doesn't spin dramatically and uses his fingers instead of his wrist like most of the guys in question.

Which would make sense if he didn't chuck it. You really have to work hard to get the doosra going with your wrist and not chuck it. Even the most honourable of doosra-bowlers would probably chuck it occasionally in an effort to get extra spin. And that's without considering the pace of your delivery, in which keeping your arm straight would considerably slow the ball down. Which explains why Murali could only bowl a legal doosra at 60km/h.

playaplaya said:

Warne >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harbhajan.

Really they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should the 'doosra' be banned?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back