Should there be more banter in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

V8clock

Rookie
Aug 25, 2024
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Should we be encouraging or discouraging behavior like Rachele against the Port Adelaide supporters?

Some people say it's not acceptable, but then you see others saying AFL players are too boring and lacking in personality.

Where do you stand on this? Is it becoming of a professional footballer?

Inciting crowds is frowned upon in some countries where the crowds are easily incited. I don't think footy in Aus has reached that level, but do we want footy players frequently running over and takin the psis out of oppo fans? Prob not, it'll eventually cause a regrettable reaction.

It's much better to put up with revving a motorbike accelerator in thin air, pulling on a non existent arrow string, or sticking one finger in your arse and one in the air, after a goal, than running over to the fence and engaging oppo fans. What if there is a taxi driver amongst them?

I think there should be 2 cages at games for supporters of each club. You step in and out of your teams cage and get the banter happening with the opposition fan cage.

Maybe take it a step further and have a number of cages around the ground with age restrictions. Under 13, 13-35, 36-70, 71+

I think there should be 2 cages at games for supporters of each club. You step in and out of your teams cage and get the banter happening with the opposition fan cage.

Maybe take it a step further and have a number of cages around the ground with age restrictions. Under 13, 13-35, 36-70, 71+
I might be the only bloke in the elderly cage. Yelling at myself.

You should be able to challenge an oppo supporter to a fight and if they accept and the oppo supporter wins then that player is subbed out and 4 goals are added to the oppo teams score

Encourage it. Adelaide have a pissweak culture and that's why they won't win anything in the foreseeable future.

Hawthorn absolutely embrace the shithousery of their squad and are a much more.cohesive unit for it.

Does Adelaide even use the Dabbing Boombox sign? No didn't think so.

They're too far up their arses in the belief that being a sterile, cold, "professional" outfit will bring results when it's clear that a more relaxed, inclusive culture is what gets the job done.

Adelaide are a ****ing RELIC and its culture is the brain child of some dickwit who's attended some overpriced 'management seminar:.

the fact that most fans are unable to handle a bit of banter about their teams performances shows exactly why the players won't touch it.
So many petulant man children at games

I went to the Dons game against Port where they won it after the siren, it was pissing down with rain and I was going for Essendon as I always do when they aren't playing Carlton (shoot me)

I was right next to the Port cheer squad with a group of young rowdy Dons fans, we were giving them the old bras d'honneur when the Dons established what seemed to be an unassailable lead and chanting at the fans as they left the cheer squad

Honestly so much fun, wish more people got around the banter at the footy

So many petulant man children at games

I went to the Dons game against Port where they won it after the siren, it was pissing down with rain and I was going for Essendon as I always do when they aren't playing Carlton (shoot me)

I was right next to the Port cheer squad with a group of young rowdy Dons fans, we were giving them the old bras d'honneur when the Dons established what seemed to be an unassailable lead and chanting at the fans as they left the cheer squad

Honestly so much fun, wish more people got around the banter at the footy
can't imagine being a neutral and supporting the bummers.

tbh though all the games i went to this season had a relatively upbeat vibe & supporters rarely having a legitimate dig at one another.

the exception being some dickhead dreamon's supporter having a cry at every umpiring decision (and eventually making his wife and kid leave in embarrassment), before having a go at my mate for making a comment about brodie grundy doing well at sydney

can't imagine being a neutral and supporting the bummers.

tbh though all the games i went to this season had a relatively upbeat vibe & supporters rarely having a legitimate dig at one another.

the exception being some dickhead dreamon's supporter having a cry at every umpiring decision (and eventually making his wife and kid leave in embarrassment), before having a go at my mate for making a comment about brodie grundy doing well at sydney
Hahaha there is such an obvious line, isn’t there? I agree, most people handle banter well but it just takes a couple dickheads to ruin it for everyone

It’s just sport, we don’t decide what happens at the end of the day - just gotta enjoy the ride

Should we be encouraging or discouraging behavior like Rachele against the Port Adelaide supporters?

Some people say it's not acceptable, but then you see others saying AFL players are too boring and lacking in personality.

Where do you stand on this? Is it becoming of a professional footballer?
There was some pretty good banter at Adelaide Oval last night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Should there be more banter in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back