Sick Bay (Or what ails you)

Remove this Banner Ad

What does an Osteo do that a Physio can't?

Physio - they will do gentle mobilisations / or electrotherapy / massage / exercise / posture advice.

Osteo would be more treatment based - possibly more holistic, even a bit outside the box - but it will be gentle. Which is what you want! Talk to people you know see if any can recommend a good acupuncturist.

Without knowing you, seeing you etc I would start with the osteopath first for hands on treatment.

You could start with these gentle exercises (don't push into pain / do things slow / don't force anything / work within your pain free range)

Physio - they will do gentle mobilisations / or electrotherapy / massage / exercise / posture advice.

Osteo would be more treatment based - possibly more holistic, even a bit outside the box - but it will be gentle. Which is what you want! Talk to people you know see if any can recommend a good acupuncturist.

Without knowing you, seeing you etc I would start with the osteopath first for hands on treatment.

You could start with these gentle exercises (don't push into pain / do things slow / don't force anything / work within your pain free range)

Why is more gentle then Chiro(Gonestead)?

Well got a second opinion - no operation and in fact nor drugs! Yeah!

If it happens again, can get an injection in the neck under local and should relieve the pain. If it occurs more frequently then operation may be necessary but as there is currently no pain. All good.

Well got a second opinion - no operation and in fact nor drugs! Yeah!

If it happens again, can get an injection in the neck under local and should relieve the pain. If it occurs more frequently then operation may be necessary but as there is currently no pain. All good.

So what was the 2nd Diganosis?

False alarm guys I didn't even end up having one just a cut and I was mislead by google into thinking I had one, cheers for absolutely no help anyways.
PM me directly next time, then I can give no help straight away.

Hey Maggie5 , I hope you're doing ok.
I noticed that you mentioned earlier that you had arthritis. Is that the stock standard Arthur or one of the AI variety?
My wife was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis about a year ago @27... Wouldn't with it upon anyone!! :(
Interested to know if it was the cause of the issues you're having now. Sorry if too personal. Happy for you to tell me to bugger off :)

Hey Maggie5 , I hope you're doing ok.
I noticed that you mentioned earlier that you had arthritis. Is that the stock standard Arthur or one of the AI variety?
My wife was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis about a year ago @27... Wouldn't with it upon anyone!! :(
Interested to know if it was the cause of the issues you're having now. Sorry if too personal. Happy for you to tell me to bugger off :)
No problem, garden variety osteo and painful as hell in both hips, need replacement but keep putting off.
The neck problem seems to have disappeared on its own accord, thank goodness I got a second opinion as would have gone for unnecessary op where if it does come back, a needle jab will help.
I feel her pain.:( What treatment is she having?

No problem, garden variety osteo and painful as hell in both hips, need replacement but keep putting off.
The neck problem seems to have disappeared on its own accord, thank goodness I got a second opinion as would have gone for unnecessary op where if it does come back, a needle jab will help.
I feel her pain.:( What treatment is she having?

Currently on weekly dose of Methotrexate and daily dose of Prednisolone, mobic and tramadol for pain treatment.
About to start Humira in a fortnight so hopefully that works better than the current concoction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently on weekly dose of Methotrexate and daily dose of Prednisolone, mobic and tramadol for pain treatment.
About to start Humira in a fortnight so hopefully that works better than the current concoction.
I really feel for her. I went off tramadol, didn't agree with me.
Currently living with pain and just take Mersyndol Forte three times a day.

Taking 9 tablets every day for my heart condition so very much over medication.

Yeah I bet. We've been doing a lot of research with natural remedies lately (let food be thy medicine). Might be worth a look if you're interested.
I would also agree with seeing an osteo. As said, they offer a more holistic view of treatment and don't just throw medication or a quick snap, crack at the solution like many doctors/physios are prone to do.

All the best :)

That does not sound very nice Maggie5

How are you Dave? Don't worry about the blood thinners, I have been on them since 2004.

Getting Better. Still though I been told it will take Months to get fully over it.

Still have Clots in my Lungs and I think 1 in my Kidney. So waiting for the Medicine to Desolve them.

Blood Thinners I am not too worried as the help keep Clots Getting Bigger and Coming Back

Well, I have finally given in to the pain and am going to hospital for hip replacement on Friday (1st).
No more pain, walking stick and no more limping!

A few of my friends are laughing as they keep bring up physical therapy knowing that I am not big on that but if it means no more pain then I will do it.

Well, I have finally given in to the pain and am going to hospital for hip replacement on Friday (1st).

A few of my friends are laughing as they keep bring up physical therapy knowing that I am not big on that but if it means no more pain then I will do it.
Hope all goes well Maggie
And a speedy recovery!

You can be up and Moving/Walking in under 24 Hours

The Divinyls' Chrissie Amphlett warbled that there is a fine line between pleasure and pain - but, as a hipster, she obviously had no clue when it comes to, uh, hips.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back