Silverchair - Straight Lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Silverchairs new song- Straight Lines

No, what's that? :rolleyes:

I'm amazed that a metal fan like yourself would call Frogstomp and/or Freak Show 'dark & edgy'.

Metal doesn't have a complete monopoly on dark and edgy, ya know.

And I suppose it depends on your perspective, ie who you compare them to. Compared to Slayer? mmmm...maybe not. Compared to Robbie Williams or Guy Sebastian?????

Metal doesn't have a complete monopoly on dark and edgy, ya know.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Re: comparisons. I guess I'm spoilt now days with so much extreme music around, that stuff that I felt was dark & edgy just seems bland to me. Still, some bands from around Silverchair's launch into the scene have a vibe that I'd describe like that.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, some Nirvana? Dark & edgy.

Silverchair, Helmet, Soundgarden? Not so much.

Just my opinion, of course. I was more just amazed that you of all people on this board would say that about Silverchair. No biggie.

That's more encouraging then, they were probably asked by the record company to make a lead single that was a poor Coldplay facsimile...hopefully it doesn't reflect the rest of the album.

Yeah the others definitely sound more complex than the single. They also have a more upbeat, almost dancy Franz Ferdinand-type influence. A different direction.

Amazing song. If anything, Silverchair are taking the piss out of Coldplay. The video is an additional hint to that.

Can't wait for the album

I don't think they're taking the piss out of Coldplay, to me it looks like they're trying to be like Coldplay (and doing it very badly) And they're not in a position to take the piss out of Coldplay, Coldplay are at least good at what they do, this song is terrible.

Its ********!! Whatever happened to the old Silverchair?? All we have now are these 3 pisspoor ************s.. he should never have got involved with paul mac... Daniel johns needs to experience some high school, teenage depression or something again so he can play some decent music like he used to... I remember when I seen them live last they played none of their early music and all new ******** and everyone hated it and left :thumbsdown: Bring Back The Early Silverchair that i loved

Its ********!! Whatever happened to the old Silverchair?? All we have now are these 3 pisspoor ************s.. he should never have got involved with paul mac... Daniel johns needs to experience some high school, teenage depression or something again so he can play some decent music like he used to... I remember when I seen them live last they played none of their early music and all new ******** and everyone hated it and left :thumbsdown: Bring Back The Early Silverchair that i loved

testify

atleast eskimo joe became all *** because they were nobodies at the start

silverchair turned their back on what made them

album will be a flop

atleast eskimo joe became all *** because they were nobodies at the start

silverchair turned their back on what made them

album will be a flop
Yeah Eskimo joe are pretty gay for becoming all faggy... If anyone has heard any of their earlier music like Sweater and Ruby wednesday, those songs rock... and apparently they refuse to play any of those songs anymore because they have 'matured'

Yeah Eskimo joe are pretty gay for becoming all faggy... If anyone has heard any of their earlier music like Sweater and Ruby wednesday, those songs rock... and apparently they refuse to play any of those songs anymore because they have 'matured'

True story. Played 2 songs from ASIAC last I saw them and none from Girl or anything before than. Bloody disappointing.

I wanted to see Planet Earth.

BUT
Silverchair's album wont be a flop, it's Silverchair. I've only heard one other song, Young Modern Station and that's alot better compared to Straight Lines.

Listen here . . . http://rapidshare.com/files/15260817/Silverchair_-_Live_At_Homebake_2006__2_of_6_.mp3

Top song.

9/10

Or maybe it (Earlier stuff) didnt sell enough albums?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I quite like it. It has grown, thought it was a bit meh first time I heard it. Find myself humming along to it every now and then.

Have you heard their earlier stuff?
Yes but thats irrelevant.

Their new stuff makes more money. Really thats all they care about.

Yes but thats irrelevant.

Their new stuff makes more money. Really thats all they care about.

If thats the case they shouldn't be in the music industry

Not over the moon about the new song although I expect it'll grow on me.

I'm a big fan of Diorama (sorry K4PM) and a huge fan of the last Disocciatives album (really sorry K4PM) - I think Daniel Johns' voice and songwriting get better all the time. I do think however, that Silverchair have become Daniel Johns and his backing band. (Apparently he is partial to pork buns as well)

Looking forward to the rest of the album.

I'm a big fan of Diorama (sorry K4PM) and a huge fan of the last Disocciatives album (really sorry K4PM) - I think Daniel Johns' voice and songwriting get better all the time. I do think however, that Silverchair have become Daniel Johns and his backing band. (Apparently he is partial to pork buns as well)

and to think i once looked up to you.... :p

Obviously you werent a fan of Pre-Diorama?

finally someone who agrees with me haha:D

I still like the song but now i have realised how badly radio and tv can rape a song. Shame its gonea bit too commercial now. Still a good song though:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Silverchair - Straight Lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back